West Ham vs Man Utd Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

West Ham vs Man Utd Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Following yet another poor, embarrassing away defeat at boring place, the only chance of West Ham to go to Europa Conference Cup next season IF Liverpool win the League Cup and in top 6 which they are already guaranteed as Chelsea, Fulham and Middlesbrough are no where near it and if one of those 3 win, then 8th place will NOT go to Europa Conference. Anyway, time to re-focus on this Man Utd match and hope we will performs better as several of our first teamer will be back. Need to do better in defensive area and keep our attacking as clinical as we did against Wolves. I hope we will NOT be on our back-foot all the time as we have to attack WITHOUT fear. Man Utd aren't great but they have a week off and they will be sharp as they did well against Liverpool last time out so we need to perform top level and NO SLOW START.

Squad:

Fabianski/Areola

Coufal
Zouma
Aguerd
Emerson

JWP
Alvarez
Soucek

Kudus
Bowen
Paqueta

Hope we will do very well against the Red Devils and don't let them bully/bossing the game against us.

Result Probable:

West Ham win: 20%
Draw 30%
Man Utd 50%

COYI!!!!! whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Clayton

Re: West Ham vs Man Utd Official Match Thread

Post by Clayton »

Ibbyham wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:33 pm Following yet another poor, embarrassing away defeat at boring place, the only chance of West Ham to go to Europa Conference Cup next season IF Liverpool win the League Cup and in top 6 which they are already guaranteed as Chelsea, Fulham and Middlesbrough are no where near it and if one of those 3 win, then 8th place will NOT go to Europa Conference. Anyway, time to re-focus on this Man Utd match and hope we will performs better as several of our first teamer will be back. Need to do better in defensive area and keep our attacking as clinical as we did against Wolves. I hope we will NOT be on our back-foot all the time as we have to attack WITHOUT fear. Man Utd aren't great but they have a week off and they will be sharp as they did well against Liverpool last time out so we need to perform top level and NO SLOW START.

Squad:

Fabianski/Areola

Coufal
Zouma
Aguerd
Emerson

JWP
Alvarez
Soucek

Kudus
Bowen
Paqueta

Hope we will do very well against the Red Devils and don't let them bully/bossing the game against us.

Result Probable:

Draw 30%
Man Utd 50%

50% Ibbs , you know we're at home don't you ? .

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Clayton wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:47 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:33 pm Following yet another poor, embarrassing away defeat at boring place, the only chance of West Ham to go to Europa Conference Cup next season IF Liverpool win the League Cup and in top 6 which they are already guaranteed as Chelsea, Fulham and Middlesbrough are no where near it and if one of those 3 win, then 8th place will NOT go to Europa Conference. Anyway, time to re-focus on this Man Utd match and hope we will performs better as several of our first teamer will be back. Need to do better in defensive area and keep our attacking as clinical as we did against Wolves. I hope we will NOT be on our back-foot all the time as we have to attack WITHOUT fear. Man Utd aren't great but they have a week off and they will be sharp as they did well against Liverpool last time out so we need to perform top level and NO SLOW START.

Squad:

Fabianski/Areola

Coufal
Zouma
Aguerd
Emerson

JWP
Alvarez
Soucek

Kudus
Bowen
Paqueta

Result Probable:

Draw 30%
Man Utd 50%

Yep, make that 75% after tonight's showing

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

You are getting like Moyes every day Ibby....... on team selection

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

andyginbrasil wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:05 am You are getting like Moyes every day Ibby....... on team selection
after watching some of last night, i dont see what other team moyes can put out. clearly our subs/squad aren't upto it and a major clear out is required in Jan.
If we get any injurys to our 1st 11 we are goosed.
i had an unusual feeling of optimism for saturday, not like me at all. Thats well and truly fucked off.
glad my ticket for last night fell through, albeit i would have only had to cart back to manchester and not suffer 4 hour journey down south.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

brookingslovechild wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:30 am
andyginbrasil wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:05 am You are getting like Moyes every day Ibby....... on team selection
after watching some of last night, i dont see what other team moyes can put out. clearly our subs/squad aren't upto it and a major clear out is required in Jan.
i had an unusual feeling of optimism for saturday, not like me at all. Thats well and truly fucked off.
glad my ticket for last night fell through, albeit i would have only had to cart back to manchester and not suffer 4 hour journey down south.
Two possibilities for Saturday imo.

=1 There will be an almighty reaction to last night's no show and Man United will be blown away.
#2 There will be a performance that says "hangover" and West Ham will get blown away.

If, which I think the more likely outcome, #2 is what happens I imagine there will be serious questions asked in the corridors of power about last night's team selection.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Ogbonna well past his best , Johnson put out to pasture after showing promise some time ago , Fornals a former Spanish international with promise , for some reason when playing well was always taken off by Moyes , and has been left to feed of scraps for a couple of seasons now , Benrahma a enigma personally in my opinion should have stayed in the championship . So for me two of them shouldn't have even played or been in the squad , and two of them have been destroyed by the Moysiah . As for a major clear out , didn't the Moysiah build this squad .
Didn't watch the match but why did Coufal get taken off to be replaced by Kehrer , when Ogbonna was the lowest rated defender by fans on the BBC , just wondering , but Alvarez our DM being replaced by Ings on the 81st looks like a manager who has no idea , especially when your losing 3-0 at the time . .

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:00 am

Two possibilities for Saturday imo.

=1 There will be an almighty reaction to last night's no show and Man United will be blown away.
#2 There will be a performance that says "hangover" and West Ham will get blown away.

If, which I think the more likely outcome, #2 is what happens I imagine there will be serious questions asked in the corridors of power about last night's team selection.
I personally think we have the makings of a fine 1st eleven capable of competing with the best but ownly if all are played in their best positions in an appropiate system , though I will say I think we lack the ideal attacking options up the front , and Moyes is just trying to fit them in willy nilly
Kudus and Fornals are both tens in my book , Paqueta has said himself hes better in a deep lying left sided role and JWP is far better in a deeplying rightsided role . So we have an issue straight away , so for some reason Moyes wants to somehow fit both Paqueta/JWP into the team ( when they are at their best playing deeper ) and find Kudus a postion that isn't his best unless you play Bowen up front :cry: .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:18 am

Ogbonna well past his best , Johnson put out to pasture after showing promise some time ago , Fornals a former Spanish international with promise , for some reason when playing well was always taken off by Moyes , and has been left to feed of scraps for a couple of seasons now , Benrahma a enigma personally in my opinion should have stayed in the championship . So for me two of them shouldn't have even played or been in the squad , and two of them have been destroyed by the Moysiah . As for a major clear out , didn't the Moysiah build this squad .
Didn't watch the match but why did Coufal get taken off to be replaced by Kehrer , when Ogbonna was the lowest rated defender by fans on the BBC , just wondering , but Alvarez our DM being replaced by Ings on the 81st looks like a manager who has no idea , especially when your losing 3-0 at the time . .
Kehrer must wonder what he's done wrong to be ignored. Imo he is a far better CD than Aguerd, never mind Ogbonna who was a stalwart in our defence but age an d injury have now caught up with him. As you say Fornals career has been totally sent spinning over the past two seasons and I can perfectly understand the likes of Kehrer. Fornals and Johnson, who I actually thought was the best of a pretty miserable bunch last night, feeling that they're not valued members of the squad. Hopefully they will all find alternative employment in January. As for Benrahma I make you absolutely right. A classic piece of transfer madness letting a decent squad player like Diangana leave and playing twice as much money as we got for him on a player who's no bloody better.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Clayton wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:47 pm

Squad:

Fabianski/Areola

Coufal
Zouma
Aguerd
Emerson

JWP
Alvarez
Soucek

Kudus
Bowen
Paqueta

Result Probable:

Draw 30%
Man Utd 50%

Two reason why I put 50% for Man Utd to win - Moyes destroyed our confidence against Liverpool plus Moyes will put negative tactics as usual and this is Man Utd and not Wolves so they will exploit us and 1/2 of our players will have fatigue and that made my confidence very low on west Ham chance of a win %.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.