Our Youth

Chat about anything football related here!
deanox

Our Youth

Post by deanox »

We all know that Moyes doesn't like to introduce youth into our first team, but with the squad being so light it is time for him to start introducing them. We are practically safe in the Prem this year maybe 1 or 2 wins to cement our status so why not give the youngsters a chance, and not come on as a 88th minute sub.

Just look what Klopp has done at the bin dippers, surely, we should start to play the likes of Mubama, Orford, bring back Marshall as he is a bench warmer for WBA.

take a look at this read and then tell me it's too dodgy to give some of them and extended run.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/68404725
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

Towie

Re: Our Youth

Post by Towie »

deanox wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:19 pm We all know that Moyes doesn't like to introduce youth into our first team, but with the squad being so light it is time for him to start introducing them. We are practically safe in the Prem this year maybe 1 or 2 wins to cement our status so why not give the youngsters a chance, and not come on as a 88th minute sub.

Just look what Klopp has done at the bin dippers, surely, we should start to play the likes of Mubama, Orford, bring back Marshall as he is a bench warmer for WBA.

take a look at this read and then tell me it's too dodgy to give some of them and extended run.

Whilst we still have a slim chance of qualifying for Europe he won’t risk it.

But make you right come nearer end of season give them a run out.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Behave
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Certsinly drives a massive hole through the theory that players have to be at least in their twenties before they can even be considered for first team selection. FFS there's a kid playing for Barcelona who has already scored for Spain at full international level. He's 16.

Manchester United have a decent track record when it comes to young players. They have had at least one player who came through theiur youth set up,in their first team squad since 30th October 1937. Over 86 years. That is some record to be very proud of. One can only imagine how much that little lot will have saved them in transfer fees over the years. Of their present squad how much is that Mainoo kid going to be worth in around 3 years. Genuine quality that kid is imo.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

All Klopps kids debuts were against lesser teams. Unfortunately we have a lot fewer lesser teams to do this against…..but he still wouldn’t
COYI!!!

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

David is all about David....
A bit like Alien : Covenant.
Minus the charisma

h69

Post by h69 »

deanox wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:19 pm We all know that Moyes doesn't like to introduce youth into our first team, but with the squad being so light it is time for him to start introducing them. We are practically safe in the Prem this year maybe 1 or 2 wins to cement our status so why not give the youngsters a chance, and not come on as a 88th minute sub.

We've played Mubama a couple of times, how do you think he fared ?

As for Marshall, maybe there is a reason he is on the bench at WBA. I believe Liverpool's debutants have all played in their u21 side for a couple of years. Ours have only for 6 months. They just need to physically develop a bit more.

deanox

Post by deanox »

h69 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:04 pm

As for Marshall, maybe there is a reason he is on the bench at WBA. I believe Liverpool's debutants have all played in their u21 side for a couple of years. Ours have only for 6 months. They just need to physically develop a bit more.
Yes, you are absolutely correct, except playing 5-minute cameos is not going to show us anything. I'm not saying all youth will become Premier league players but until they get a fair crack how will we know.
Granted if Liverpool didn't have so many injuries, I doubt very much any of the four would make it into the match day squad. But the desperate way we try to stay on the coat tails of the "big six" only lends itself to knackering are starting lineup and becoming more frequent losing them to injuries. and as every Hammer knows if Bowen or Paqueta get injured we are absolutely dire to watch.
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Physical development is part of the process obviously. But not everybody develops at the same rate which is why certain players are able to excel at first team level in their late teens and others need more mtime. Moreover I believe most of the Liverpool youngsters who have featured in recent games have spent time away from the club on loan, rather than their Under 21 side.

Highlighting Mubama's lack of success when he has featured for the first team simply illustrates the same issues that Ings has faced when played in a similar role and , like Mubama, has failed. I also believe he would have benefited from a loan spell in League One or Two before being thrust into the first team. In fact I think that yardstick would probably apply to the majority of youn g players at all clubs. Exposure to grown up football is something young players benefit from far more easily in most European countries where "B" teams play within the national league structure.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:23 pm

Physical development is part of the process obviously. But not everybody develops at the same rate which is why certain players are able to excel at first team level in their late teens and others need more mtime. Moreover I believe most of the Liverpool youngsters who have featured in recent games have spent time away from the club on loan, rather than their Under 21 side.

Highlighting Mubama's lack of success when he has featured for the first team simply illustrates the same issues that Ings has faced when played in a similar role and , like Mubama, has failed. I also believe he would have benefited from a loan spell in League One or Two before being thrust into the first team. In fact I think that yardstick would probably apply to the majority of youn g players at all clubs. Exposure to grown up football is something young players benefit from far more easily in most European countries where "B" teams play within the national league structure.
My point was just that these kids have only really played 6 months of anything over u18 football.
I agree about loaning players but I don't agree that Mubama had the same issues as Ings. Ings is just not quick enough now whereas Mubama makes the right runs but is too easily shrugged off the ball. He was bullied by Bristol City's centre halves when playing nearly the whole game against them.
We do need to loan him out and it should be to a L1 club as Marshall is finding it tough at a Championship club because he is not physically developed yet and so is not getting the minutes to help him become so.

You only have to watch our u21 play the Wycombe mens team to see how easily they are bullied. I think Freddie Potts and Gideon Kodua are probably learning a lot and developing and are likely a way ahead of Mubama and Marshall at the moment.