David Moyes should be sacked

Chat about anything football related here!
frogiron3

Re: David Moyes should be sacked

Post by frogiron3 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:44 am Can't understand the uproar over Lopetegui tbh. I know next to fuck all about him, other than that he used to be manager of Spain, Real Madrid, Sevilla and Wolves. His only experience in the PL was reasonably impressive. Joined Wolves when they were bottom of the league and took them to 13th place.. Not earth shattering but not too shabby. Left Wolves because of a dispute over transfer budgets (or lack of a transfer budget) apparently.

A lot has been said about his playing style. He is supposed to be a "defensive coach" . Fuck knows if he is or he isn't. To the best of my knowledge I've only ever seen one of his teams play once,, when we lost to Wolves 1-0 at Molineux. I remember fuck all about the match so, for the benefit of people for whom these stats are important I looked them up. Wolves had 58% posession , had a passing accuracy of 83% , ours was 74%, they had 17 shots, but only 4 were on target. Fucked if I know what that all proves but it's all out there.

Maybe some of the people talking about playing style and suchlike have seen his teams in action but, on the face of it, it looks as if a lot of people thought Amorim was on his way in and are now crying in their cornflakes because he isn't and we'll have to settle for second best. Some people really do need to get a grip and realise that it's all very well us wanting to employ the best, which Amorim is rated one of, but the best coaches also want the best jobs and I doubt if too many see West Ham as the pot of gold at the end of the raiblow.

There was a bloke on the radio not too long ago who said that West Ham fans are only happy if they're moaning about something. He was a Spurs fan, which I thought was pretty damn ironic, but maybe he does have a point.
I LOVE a good moan, me. Love it.

I think 55 years following this team gives the right to moan. A fundamental right I take very seriously and discharge regularly.

IMO, if I didn’t moan, the powers that be may draw the conclusion that I am satisfied with their work. That I think they are a great bunch of chaps. With my interests at heart. And that would be a dangerous thing to allow.

So, moan away chaps. To protect the club. It’s the right thing to do. I know I will. If they stole (insert name of dream manager here) and gave him a billion quid budget, I’d STILL f***ing moan. It’s my job.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

It’s all very underwhelming.

Partly because of the expectation that our DOF would be choosing the new manager/coach and the realisation that the Dwarf still and always will call the shots .

Moyes , god forbid , has , significant failures on his cv as well as improving the standing of both Everton and West Ham .
What I would like to know , and would gladly accept being put in my place , is what exactly has Loperwhateverhisnameis achieved in the game that wasn’t in place before he got there ?
I’m sure somebody will tell me otherwise but it seems to me that :
Achieved a few 2nd/3rd place finishes at Porto .
Won a Europa league with a team mostly inherited from Unai Emery.
He managed Spain . I could manage Spain like I could win a cup managing Celtic.
Shat on Spain 2 days before the World Cup finals to take over Real Madrid where he achieved the worst win per game average at Madrid in the last century probably.

Oh and he kept Wolves up playing football that the fans were told was a necessity in order to survive.

But then we were told that about Moyes….
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

frogiron3 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 12:00 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:44 am Can't understand the uproar over Lopetegui tbh. I know next to fuck all about him, other than that he used to be manager of Spain, Real Madrid, Sevilla and Wolves. His only experience in the PL was reasonably impressive. Joined Wolves when they were bottom of the league and took them to 13th place.. Not earth shattering but not too shabby. Left Wolves because of a dispute over transfer budgets (or lack of a transfer budget) apparently.

A lot has been said about his playing style. He is supposed to be a "defensive coach" . Fuck knows if he is or he isn't. To the best of my knowledge I've only ever seen one of his teams play once,, when we lost to Wolves 1-0 at Molineux. I remember fuck all about the match so, for the benefit of people for whom these stats are important I looked them up. Wolves had 58% posession , had a passing accuracy of 83% , ours was 74%, they had 17 shots, but only 4 were on target. Fucked if I know what that all proves but it's all out there.

Maybe some of the people talking about playing style and suchlike have seen his teams in action but, on the face of it, it looks as if a lot of people thought Amorim was on his way in and are now crying in their cornflakes because he isn't and we'll have to settle for second best. Some people really do need to get a grip and realise that it's all very well us wanting to employ the best, which Amorim is rated one of, but the best coaches also want the best jobs and I doubt if too many see West Ham as the pot of gold at the end of the raiblow.

There was a bloke on the radio not too long ago who said that West Ham fans are only happy if they're moaning about something. He was a Spurs fan, which I thought was pretty damn ironic, but maybe he does have a point.

I think 55 years following this team gives the right to moan. A fundamental right I take very seriously and discharge regularly.

IMO, if I didn’t moan, the powers that be may draw the conclusion that I am satisfied with their work. That I think they are a great bunch of chaps. With my interests at heart. And that would be a dangerous thing to allow.

So, moan away chaps. To protect the club. It’s the right thing to do. I know I will. If they stole (insert name of dream manager here) and gave him a billion quid budget, I’d STILL f***ing moan. It’s my job.
Moaning is all well and good, but surely it has to be properly choreographed to be effective. In my working life I was involved, I like to think successfully, in the world of financial management. It taught me a lot and I would, respectfully, impart a small morsel of advice to you.

Instead of discharging your right to moan on a regular basis, and thereby possibly mentally draining your emotional self on a regular basis, might I suggest you adopt the time honoured financial strategy known as consolidation. Instead of regular, but relatively small, outbursts why not consolidate your moans into one massive fucking superwhinge regularly each month.

I assure you it will prove much more effective and you will find it far more fulfilling.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Newmarket wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 12:18 pm It’s all very underwhelming.

Partly because of the expectation that our DOF would be choosing the new manager/coach and the realisation that the Dwarf still and always will call the shots .

Moyes , god forbid , has , significant failures on his cv as well as improving the standing of both Everton and West Ham .
What I would like to know , and would gladly accept being put in my place , is what exactly has Loperwhateverhisnameis achieved in the game that wasn’t in place before he got there ?
I’m sure somebody will tell me otherwise but it seems to me that :
Achieved a few 2nd/3rd place finishes at Porto .
Won a Europa league with a team mostly inherited from Unai Emery.
He managed Spain . I could manage Spain like I could win a cup managing Celtic.
Shat on Spain 2 days before the World Cup finals to take over Real Madrid where he achieved the worst win per game average at Madrid in the last century probably.

Oh and he kept Wolves up playing football that the fans were told was a necessity in order to survive.

But then we were told that about Moyes….
He wouldn't be my first choice thats for sure Tim , and by the sound of things in the media he isn't Steidten's either .

frogiron3

Post by frogiron3 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 1:25 pm
frogiron3 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 12:00 pm

Moaning is all well and good, but surely it has to be properly choreographed to be effective. In my working life I was involved, I like to think successfully, in the world of financial management. It taught me a lot and I would, respectfully, impart a small morsel of advice to you.

Instead of discharging your right to moan on a regular basis, and thereby possibly mentally draining your emotional self on a regular basis, might I suggest you adopt the time honoured financial strategy known as consolidation. Instead of regular, but relatively small, outbursts why not consolidate your moans into one massive fucking superwhinge regularly each month.

I assure you it will prove much more effective and you will find it far more fulfilling.
I have never been involved in the dynamic, fascinating and profoundly riveting world of financial management. So I have never witnessed "choreographed moaning".

I've heard of this consolidation thing though.

Isn't that where some spotty kid with an honours deree, zero commmercial experience, who can't write his own name with a pen without moving his lips tells me where to put the assets I have created over many years in business, then f**ks most of it on an investment plan that looked really cool and he was convinced was medium risk? Is that it? :D

Never appealed to me mate. I'll stick to moaning little and often, and not keeling over with a coronary :lol: :lol:

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

frogiron3 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 3:53 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 1:25 pm

I have never been involved in the dynamic, fascinating and profoundly riveting world of financial management. So I have never witnessed "choreographed moaning".

I've heard of this consolidation thing though.

Isn't that where some spotty kid with an honours deree, zero commmercial experience, who can't write his own name with a pen without moving his lips tells me where to put the assets I have created over many years in business, then f**ks most of it on an investment plan that looked really cool and he was convinced was medium risk? Is that it? :D

Never appealed to me mate. I'll stick to moaning little and often, and not keeling over with a coronary :lol: :lol:
Sums it up ............educated beyond their intelligence .... :D

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Just heard West Ham David Sullivan is likely to appoint Julen Lopegetui as our next manager which is NOT an upgrade but Sullivan only WANT him as he does not have to pay over £10M in compensation like Amorim which WE all wants. Sullivan need to man up and get Amorim but now it is dead in the water and we will miss an opportunity to go the next level up. This is the same situation when Redknapp was sacked and we only got a lesser manager in Roeder and look what happened. History is likely to be repeated as Lopegetui is NOWHERE what Steidten and Noble WANTED.

Sullivan, you are alone now as we have lost faith in your ability. Good bye!
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Oh dear.............................. I Hope this is fake news.... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ......unfortunately it is highly likely

Breaking news reports suggest that West Ham’s Director of Football, Tim Steidten, is not involved in recruiting David Moyes’ successor.

Instead, the initiative is believed to be led by Unique Sports Management CEO and football agent Will Salthouse, who is understood to be involved in the deal to bring Julen Lopetegui to East London.

Salthouse has long been regarded as one of Hammers chairman David Sullivan’s most trusted agents. These rumours also coincide with news from Sports Witness, which suggests that Steidten has been asked to halt player recruitment until the new manager is in place.

Of course Salthouse has weasled his way in .....he always fucking does

palerider

Post by palerider »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:06 pm Oh dear.............................. I Hope this is fake news.... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ......unfortunately it is highly likely

Breaking news reports suggest that West Ham’s Director of Football, Tim Steidten, is not involved in recruiting David Moyes’ successor.

Instead, the initiative is believed to be led by Unique Sports Management CEO and football agent Will Salthouse, who is understood to be involved in the deal to bring Julen Lopetegui to East London.

Salthouse has long been regarded as one of Hammers chairman David Sullivan’s most trusted agents. These rumours also coincide with news from Sports Witness, which suggests that Steidten has been asked to halt player recruitment until the new manager is in place.

If this is kosher I reckon Steidten will walk.

And who could blame him.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

palerider wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:44 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:06 pm Oh dear.............................. I Hope this is fake news.... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ......unfortunately it is highly likely

If this is kosher I reckon Steidten will walk.

And who could blame him.
Sullvan is = the same mould as Terry Brown who fucked West Ham up in 2001 and Sullivan is doing the same.

Steidten will leave this summer. He had enough of Sullivan
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.