Lopegetui agreed to become our next manager.

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Lopegetui agreed to become our next manager.

Post by Ibbyham »

Not a good choice, very poor by that clown board Sullivan who is making a biggest mistake in his lift.

Will be bottom on Christmas Day with 6 points out of 19.

Sullivan, do the decent things and GET OUT OF OUR CLUB!!!!!!!
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Whiskyman

Re: Lopegetui agreed to become our next manager.

Post by Whiskyman »

I don't know a lot about Lopetegui but I'd be interested to knbow what your issue with him is Ibbs.

I'd prefer Guardiola or Arteta but we were never going to get either of them. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

I shall reserve my view on him until three or four games into next season if indeed he is the man to take over.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:29 pm I shall reserve my view on him until three or four games into next season if indeed he is the man to take over.
Sensible sentiment but I think whoever comes along will need more than 3 or 4 games to sort the bloody squad out. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Kudus and Alvarez were joining Paqueta in wanting out. And then if they went how far behind them would the likes of Bowen and Areola be ?

Reckon it will be a struggle next season whoever the new man is unless by some miracle he can persuade thoise key players to habg around. And I guess those key players might hold back on the call to their agents to wait and see who comes through the door.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:36 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:29 pm I shall reserve my view on him until three or four games into next season if indeed he is the man to take over.
Sensible sentiment but I think whoever comes along will need more than 3 or 4 games to sort the bloody squad out. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Kudus and Alvarez were joining Paqueta in wanting out. And then if they went how far behind them would the likes of Bowen and Areola be ?

Reckon it will be a struggle next season whoever the new man is unless by some miracle he can persuade thoise key players to habg around.
It will take more but should give me a taster for making an early impression of him
Keeping Bowen is key for me the others not too fussed about tbh will be a refreshing change to see some new faces in the dugout and hopefully he’ll bring in a few decent signings and we fuck off the massive amount of deadwood we have.

eastcoastclaret
Location: Chris Eubank has written a book about ethics. If it sells well, he'll write one about Kent too

Post by eastcoastclaret »

Calm down mate.
Change is what was needed. Change is what was wanted by many. Change is what the dwarf has implemented. Will it be a change for the better? Who knows but one thing I do know is our team needs investment. Loppy is going to have his hands full trying to get that investment and I suspect Sully will stick to his usual formula of appeasement in the first window followed by lacklustre fiddling in the next but we shall see.
I used to get animated with these thing years ago but not anymore as football has changed so much from my early days, as have I. Time to look forward to the next chapter in our rollercoaster West Ham story.

Bottom at Christmas with just 6 points?
Are you sure you aren’t getting confused with Jays predictor scores?
gonna need a bigger boat...my thumbs have gone weird...weleese bwian...I didn't eat the salmon mousse...nice beaver...like a glove...I have nipples Greg...the details of my life...he's not the messiah....

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:42 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:36 pm

Reckon it will be a struggle next season whoever the new man is unless by some miracle he can persuade thoise key players to habg around.
It will take more but should give me a taster for making an early impression of him
Keeping Bowen is key for me the others not too fussed about tbh will be a refreshing change to see some new faces in the dugout and hopefully he’ll bring in a few decent signings and we fuck off the massive amount of deadwood we have.
I would add Alvarez and Areola as key also , not bothered about Paqueta or Kudus .

palerider

Post by palerider »

Lopetegui out

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:29 pm I don't know a lot about Lopetegui but I'd be interested to knbow what your issue with him is Ibbs.

I'd prefer Guardiola or Arteta but we were never going to get either of them. ;)
Lopegetui may not be the man that we all wanted as he is similar to Moyes attribution but I hope Loppy (shorter for Lopegetui) can proved us WRONG and hope he can do the counter attacking style and not to be on the back-foot every single games which I stopped watching it cos of that.

If Loppy signed, we have to support him and hoping for the best and I am sure Steidten will bring in better qualities players to West Ham to boost up our squad.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Clayton wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 1:02 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:42 pm

I would add Alvarez and Areola as key also , not bothered about Paqueta or Kudus .
Fair enough 👍🏼