West Ham vs Luton Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

West Ham vs Luton Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Following our dreadful performance against Chelsea, the last few days was the darkest for us and no light with Sullivan ruining everything that we had. Lopegetui has agreed to become our next manager so that Sullivan got his man on the cheap. I am fully expected Steidten and possibly Noble to leave West Ham as they can't stand with Sullivan who should do a decent things and knowing he is not wanted at our club, to leave and get a better owner that has ambitions. Most of our players are out of form and dis-interested so my hope of getting this win against Luton diminished. Ogbonna and Zouma are the worst pairing so hope to have Mavropanos back and we need to blood in our youngster to see how they do.

Squad:

Areola

Coufal
Casey
Mavropanos
Emerson

Soucek
Alvarez

Bowen
Earthy
Kudus

Antonio.

Casey and Earthy are likely to be better than Zouma and Paqueta who both are clearly dis-interest and Bowen will be made as Captain.

This is Moyes likely last home game and unlikely to get a clean sheet or a win.

Results Probale:

West Ham win : 20%
Draw: 30%
Luton win: 50%

I have lost faith in Moyes and Sullivan, both of them DESTOYED everything, especially Sullivan the worst culprit.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Whiskyman

Re: West Ham vs Luton Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

Once again we are presented with a chance to have a look at some emerging talent. Once again I suspect the opportunity will be overlooked.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:26 pm Once again we are presented with a chance to have a look at some emerging talent. Once again I suspect the opportunity will be overlooked.
I had a book about West Ham "From Greenwood to Redknapp" seasons 1961 to 1997 and most seasons in 1960 we had quite a few youth made their grade and did very well like Lampard, Brooking, Holland, etc and some youth coming at end of the season when we have nothing to play for and some were sucessful.

I would love to see Earthy, Orford, Casey, Marshall to play against Luton but with Moyes dis-interest and using the same some crap out of sort players that has no interest in playing.

I do hope Loppy if he is become our next head coach to use the sub more wisely and not to cut attacking like Moyes did.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Luton fighting for survival ......................... at least they will be all out attack from the off .......... and we should be able to hit them on the counter........ or not

deanox

Post by deanox »

Ibbyham wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 1:28 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:26 pm Once again we are presented with a chance to have a look at some emerging talent. Once again I suspect the opportunity will be overlooked.
I had a book about West Ham "From Greenwood to Redknapp" seasons 1961 to 1997 and most seasons in 1960 we had quite a few youth made their grade and did very well like Lampard, Brooking, Holland, etc and some youth coming at end of the season when we have nothing to play for and some were sucessful.

I would love to see Earthy, Orford, Casey, Marshall to play against Luton but with Moyes dis-interest and using the same some crap out of sort players that has no interest in playing.

I do hope Loppy if he is become our next head coach to use the sub more wisely and not to cut attacking like Moyes did.
I understand your reasoning and I hope we do play some youngsters but let's not give the game away as there are other teams scrapping for survival. Play all first team players and then bring some youth on if we are coasting which I very much doubt.
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

frogiron3

Post by frogiron3 »

Ok, without wishing to be disrespectful or condescending…

They probably don’t belong at this level

They have a pretty poor squad

They have really ridden their luck this season

Their lucky breaks mean they are still in the PL for now

They really are there for the taking

Some of their performances have been shockingly poor, so they would not have any reason to complain if they were beaten by four or five goals

But enough about West Ham - Anyone got anything to say about Luton?

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

If the new gaffer was in charge, yeh play some kids and have a butchers, but it's the Moyesiha's last home game. He won't be taking any chances. Unless it's a 2 fingered get fucked attitude to Sullivan and the fans.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

frogiron3 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:09 am Ok, without wishing to be disrespectful or condescending…

They probably don’t belong at this level

They have a pretty poor squad

They have really ridden their luck this season

Their lucky breaks mean they are still in the PL for now

They really are there for the taking

Some of their performances have been shockingly poor, so they would not have any reason to complain if they were beaten by four or five goals

But enough about West Ham - Anyone got anything to say about Luton?
Got me there frog. Well played. :D
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

tassiehammer wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 7:05 am
If the new gaffer was in charge, yeh play some kids and have a butchers, but it's the Moyesiha's last home game. He won't be taking any chances. Unless it's a 2 fingered get fucked attitude to Sullivan and the fans.
I don't really see it as taking a chance tbh mate. If he put in 2 or 3 of the likely lads do you honestly think they could be any worse than the shit shows we saw at Palace and Chelsea ?

That said I think your prediction is spot on.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Bondsobob

Post by Bondsobob »

Moyes won't change, even for this, his swansong. 30% possession sitting back against Luton. And they will take full advantage, 1-3. Only consolation is that they are very unlikely to hit 5. :(