Carroll to China in January

Chat about anything football related here!
KingdomOfWHAM

Carroll to China in January

Post by KingdomOfWHAM »

So according to The Sunday Express, 2 Chinese clubs are lining up £20m bids for Andy Carroll and will pay him £300k a week.

I love Carroll but if any such bid were to come in, there is literally no way we couldn't accept it.

BlackDiamond

Re: Carroll to China in January

Post by BlackDiamond »

KingdomOfWHAM wrote:So according to The Sunday Express, 2 Chinese clubs are lining up £20m bids for Andy Carroll and will pay him £300k a week.

I love Carroll but if any such bid were to come in, there is literally no way we couldn't accept it.
Oh please let this be true...so funny. Wor Andy endorsing Tsingtao beer gangnam style.

But would the Chinese be that silly really ? When you consider André Villas-Boas has just landed an 11 million a year deal with Shanghai and Sven is employed there...well anything is possible

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

KingdomOfWHAM wrote:So according to The Sunday Express, 2 Chinese clubs are lining up £20m bids for Andy Carroll and will pay him £300k a week.

Hurry up and get rid.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Oziron
Director of Avatars

Post by Oziron »

He's bloody made of china so it's only apt if he ends up playing there.....

JayK

Post by JayK »

Oh yes please let it be true. Rip their fuckin arms off
COYI!!!

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

I can't wait for him to fuck off.
That way we can spend the money on another 5 loanees and 4 extra wingers.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer »

£20m

I'd take £2m to get him off the books

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

We should turn down 20 million, 30 million & even 50 million.

Carroll will score the goals that will fire us up the league in the latter half of the season whufc_crest

Lyalls Cockney Kings

Post by Lyalls Cockney Kings »

Taansend wrote:We should turn down 20 million, 30 million & even 50 million.

Carroll will score the goals that will fire us up the league in the latter half of the season whufc_crest
No. The secrecy and lack of detail regarding this latest injury absolutely stinks. Clearly he has a chronic injury that is highly likely to recur again and again.

He will never manage more than a few games ever again. But the club will not admit it in the hope that someone like the Chinese will take a gamble. Sullivan and Gold would give him away now in my view.

The problem is getting rid is not the answer because they will not improve the squad but just get us some no mark South American reserve striker that nobody has ever heard of or ever will hear of again. So you may as well hope Carroll stays just to score the odd goal.

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

Lyalls Cockney Kings wrote:
Taansend wrote:We should turn down 20 million, 30 million & even 50 million.

No. The secrecy and lack of detail regarding this latest injury absolutely stinks. Clearly he has a chronic injury that is highly likely to recur again and again.

He will never manage more than a few games ever again. But the club will not admit it in the hope that someone like the Chinese will take a gamble. Sullivan and Gold would give him away now in my view.

The problem is getting rid is not the answer because they will not improve the squad but just get us some no mark South American reserve striker that nobody has ever heard of or ever will hear of again. So you may as well hope Carroll stays just to score the odd goal.
I hear you, John, but I would rather stick to blind optimism than common sense so I am picking Carroll & Sakho to score 25 goals between them by the end of the season :D