Russian's Hooligan Army

Chat about anything football related here!
LeeWHU88

Russian's Hooligan Army

Post by LeeWHU88 »

Anybody catch this on BBC2 tonight?

Harrowing insight into their hooligans mentality, for some one who was there in Marseille, it makes me count my chickens that I managed to get away unscathed despite being right in the middle of it at one point. Their outlook on it is unreal, the fact they train to be a hooligan.

The fact that they've been given a World Cup just shows how corrupt FIFA is, how much money would have been handed over foe them to happily put hundreds of thousands of football fans at risk by going there? If that was the other way round and England had a WC to host and our fans done that, we would have the WC taken away from us.

Taranis

Re: Russian's Hooligan Army

Post by Taranis »

The power of backhanders with a corrupt governing body
Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so...

Olas1

Post by Olas1 »

I was out there for the quarter finals and saw the damage left behind in Marseille. I won't be going to Russia for the World Cup. What amazes me though is that the media haven't picked up on the fact the Russians have been fighting the English over the last two decades, ask any Man Utd, Leeds, Chelsea or Arsenal fan of their experiences over there!

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Didn't the ICF have a reputation of strong discipline & careful planning/tactics. The infantry were teetotal and were manoeuvred into skirmishes by the officer class.

The Russians have just added better comms and tougher enrolment criteria...mind you being belted over the head with an iron bar probably has the same consequences.

LondonWelsh

Post by LondonWelsh »

Haven't seen the film yet but intend to. We had a beer and semi-chat with one lone Russian hooligan in Toulous during the Euro's. He said the Russians have no problem with the welsh or irish. Drunk his beer, gave us his CSKA hooligan business card, then fucked off. Twat!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Olas1 wrote:I was out there for the quarter finals and saw the damage left behind in Marseille. I won't be going to Russia for the World Cup. What amazes me though is that the media haven't picked up on the fact the Russians have been fighting the English over the last two decades, ask any Man Utd, Leeds, Chelsea or Arsenal fan of their experiences over there!
Could well be true. But weren't us English responsible for fighting everything that moved during the so called "football hooligan era" ? By and large we have the problem under control now but what we have to remember is that Russia is many years behind us in it's experience of this problem. True they have to get the problem sorted but it took us nearly 30 years to get a handle on our home grown nutters.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

frogiron

Post by frogiron »

Whiskyman wrote:
Olas1 wrote:I was out there for the quarter finals and saw the damage left behind in Marseille. I won't be going to Russia for the World Cup. What amazes me though is that the media haven't picked up on the fact the Russians have been fighting the English over the last two decades, ask any Man Utd, Leeds, Chelsea or Arsenal fan of their experiences over there!
Could well be true. But weren't us English responsible for fighting everything that moved during the so called "football hooligan era" ? By and large we have the problem under control now but what we have to remember is that Russia is many years behind us in it's experience of this problem. True they have to get the problem sorted but it took us nearly 30 years to get a handle on our home grown nutters.
It's a good point Whisky.

But I would say that the big difference is the tacit support - pride even - that some of the Russian leadership have in seeing their fans described as organised or deadly . During the Marseille nonsense, there were tweets by Russian military leaders saying how proud they were and egging the hooligans on. It seems to be a kind of flaw in the Russian character - one that Putin seems to exploit with great success.
GTFOOOCYTPPOC

Avit

Post by Avit »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If they want to fight they should get in the ring.....

Oh

Hang on......

palerider

Post by palerider »

Football hooliganism has been rampant in Russia since well before the so-called vote to give them the tournament. Just the same as human-rights abuse has been rampant in Qatar.

Just as long as Sepp and his bent buddies feathered their nests though, that's ok then.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

I`m still staggered how Russia and Qatar got both World Cup`s.It`s disgusting tbh.

FIFA breaking every rule in the ethics book,letting these 2 teams host.

Should have f*cked off this governing body when it was announced.I don`t get how nobody made a stand against them..It`s criminal..It`s all to do with money and f*ck all else.

Will be a blood bath..There will be fans killed over there..Mark my words.

FIFA don`t give 2 f*cks,has long has they are filling their own pockets. :evil: