Liverpool sniffing around Obiang

Chat about anything football related here!
Gonzo

Liverpool sniffing around Obiang

Post by Gonzo »

I'll put the link below but basically the article says that Liverpool fancy the player but we have said it would take £18m to prize him away.

I don't know if the quote has been validated of not but why would we sell him for £18m or even hint that he was for sale?

It's a bit of a strange one for me because he has been our most consistent midfielder for the past couple of months and I would not be looking to encourage any bids. Obviously everyone has a price but £18m gets you fuck all these days so I'm not sure what the benefit of having the money would be anyway.

http://www.claretandhugh.info/liverpool ... field-ace/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

garnett

Re: Liverpool sniffing around Obiang

Post by garnett »

Evening mate,
Not strange for me, getting better all the time imo,
Least you have the chance to sound him out tomorrow.

JayK

Post by JayK »

I think he just grabbed a figure out the air and ran with it. TBH, I dunno what his value would be right now. Anyone got any thoughts on his value?
COYI!!!

Penguin

Post by Penguin »

He is probably our player of the season, or at worst second behind Reid. He has got better and better as we move forward, and is probably the first midfielder on the team sheet. We could make a profit on him, but selling him marks us down as a bottom ten club.

belfasthammer

Post by belfasthammer »

Send the bin dippers packing lol

Eug

Post by Eug »

I thought the days of selling our best players were over? £18M for such a young talented player, would be a steal.
Let's hope we build a team and not dismantle it.

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

JayK wrote:I think he just grabbed a figure out the air and ran with it. TBH, I dunno what his value would be right now. Anyone got any thoughts on his value?

Well considering Liverpool seem to pay a standard £25m for any of Southamptons players I'm not sure why we'd price him any lower.

Earlier I thought that I might consider a swap for Sturridge but if we are looking to build we should be keeping our best players and signing top talent to play alongside them

Eug

Post by Eug »

Gonzo wrote:
JayK wrote:I think he just grabbed a figure out the air and ran with it. TBH, I dunno what his value would be right now. Anyone got any thoughts on his value?

Well considering Liverpool seem to pay a standard £25m for any of Southamptons players I'm not sure why we'd price him any lower.

Earlier I thought that I might consider a swap for Sturridge but if we are looking to build we should be keeping our best players and signing top talent to play alongside them

Hi Gonzo
Will you be doing a Watford game Preview?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Gonzo wrote:

Good point. £25 mil it is then :D

I'm still not sure about Sturridge. Love him as a striker but the injury record bothers me
COYI!!!

IRON-MAN ⚒

Post by IRON-MAN ⚒ »

They can jump from a speeding train the scouse cants whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
BA14 TO E13 SINCE 85. whufc_crest