Something has to be done

Chat about anything football related here!
deanox

Something has to be done

Post by deanox »

Something has got to be done about these mega rich teams. We obviously cant compete with their money but Fifa/Uefa/FA must stand up and say enough is enough.

Gone are the days that we could compete (actually in our case we never have) on a season to season basis. Leicester pulled off a miracle last year but we are now back to normal with the rich clubs dominating.

I know this is not new to anyone but I saw a rumor on the BBC's web site that just makes a mockery of club football and although it is probably a load of bollox here it is:

Manchester City will make a world record £130m bid for AC Milan's 18-year-old goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma. (Sky Sport Italia, via Football Italia)

130m are you fucking kidding me, that's as much as half the clubs in the premiership are worth.

As I said probably a load of old tosh but I bet were not far from that sort of money being paid for someone.

and as a final thought Chelski have 50 players out on loan 50
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

JayK

Re: Something has to be done

Post by JayK »

Unfortunately Deano, the powers that be won't do anything about it coz they like all the money thrown around in the game. Hopefully there will be a time when the sport implodes on itself but until then, prices for players are just gonna get bigger and bigger and it's just a load of old bollox. I blame most of it on the premiership but I know it's not just because of that.
COYI!!!

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

The only way to get to the top now is with a billionaire benefactor and specifically one who does not mind pissing a load of his dosh away rather than an 'investor'.

Leicester's achievement last year was brilliant but I doubt any of us will ever see it repeated.

Our stadium move won't push us up to the top but it may well encourage somebody extremely wealthy to buy the club.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Gonzo wrote:The only way to get to the top now is with a billionaire benefactor and specifically one who does not mind pissing a load of his dosh away rather than an 'investor'.

Leicester's achievement last year was brilliant but I doubt any of us will ever see it repeated.

Our stadium move won't push us up to the top but it may well encourage somebody extremely wealthy to buy the club.
Is that your wish ?
Bring back Jonathon !

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

Newmarket wrote:
Gonzo wrote:The only way to get to the top now is with a billionaire benefactor and specifically one who does not mind pissing a load of his dosh away rather than an 'investor'.

Is that your wish ?

Big time mate . . . . .. . are you a genie?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Gonzo wrote:
Which of course was the plan all along.

And frankly the sooner somebody comes along and we can be rid of Arthur Daley & Del Boy the better.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

Or we could wait until our other couple of half decent players fuck off to other clubs, just like Payet did. You might have thought that the penny would have dropped and someone at the club actually realised why Payet left. He felt let down by the dross that was brought in last Summer and looked after himself and family. Just maybe if someone else does it then the Chuckles might just have to change their ways?
Failing that, I do not see anything changing in the foreseeable future.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Hopefully Kris.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

belfasthammer

Post by belfasthammer »

deanox wrote:Something has got to be done about these mega rich teams. We obviously cant compete with their money but Fifa/Uefa/FA must stand up and say enough is enough.

Gone are the days that we could compete (actually in our case we never have) on a season to season basis. Leicester pulled off a miracle last year but we are now back to normal with the rich clubs dominating.

I know this is not new to anyone but I saw a rumor on the BBC's web site that just makes a mockery of club football and although it is probably a load of bollox here it is:

Manchester City will make a world record £130m bid for AC Milan's 18-year-old goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma. (Sky Sport Italia, via Football Italia)

130m are you fucking kidding me, that's as much as half the clubs in the premiership are worth.

As I said probably a load of old tosh but I bet were not far from that sort of money being paid for someone.

and as a final thought Chelski have 50 players out on loan 50
We round them all up Put them in a field and bomb the bastards. Kenny Everett US General guy lol

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Gonzo wrote:
Newmarket wrote:
Is that your wish ?

Big time mate . . . . .. . are you a genie?
Afraid not old son but I am a Prophet .

Those cunts haven't took enough of your wedge yet to sell up but the longer it goes on the more unrest and maybe it'll be sooner than they'd like ....
Bring back Jonathon !