HC Videos - cup of tea, mike, vlog & more

Chat about anything football related here!
mkhammer

Re: HC Videos - cup of tea, mike, vlog & more

Post by mkhammer »

Mikeveep wrote:Rice's mistake was the elephant in the room. Moyes had to mention it. It would have been a nonsense not to comment on probably the most significant moment of the game.... and he made the obligatory consoling "will learn from it" remarks,He will know Rice well enough to know how the young man will take it.

And his comment about too many attackers? All he was spelling out was that if you bring on two attackers in place of two midfielders you are going to be weaker defensively. And so it proved.

I really think you are giving him an undeserved hard time.

Hope you get an equally hard time after tripping over that Lego structure ;) .
Yes mate do agree he was just talkin bout the game...no way would he dig rice out out
WHY.....he's the guy picking him to play there..
And admitting he might be culpable for the loss by his substitutions,and defending the players
for trying hard......(which despite not being as good as Arsenal,they pretty much did)..
We should appreciate that not dig him out.....how many other managers admit a mistake....

Don't get me wrong I'm not happy,not happy at all, think the game was winnable if we were
more adventurous.....But Moyes knows 1 more point,and were prob good,he's to focused
on that.....IMO.. instead of seeing an opportunity to nick a win......

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

Mikeveep wrote:Rice's mistake was the elephant in the room. Moyes had to mention it. It would have been a nonsense not to comment on probably the most significant moment of the game.... and he made the obligatory consoling "will learn from it" remarks,He will know Rice well enough to know how the young man will take it.

And his comment about too many attackers? All he was spelling out was that if you bring on two attackers in place of two midfielders you are going to be weaker defensively. And so it proved.

I really think you are giving him an undeserved hard time.

Hope you get an equally hard time after tripping over that Lego structure ;) .

Mike, I learned very early to keep my feet well away from Lego. There is no pain quite like inadvertently stepping on a lego brick, I literally avoid the stuff like the plague mate.

By all means blame me for being too harsh on Moyes but I will not accept responsibility for the destruction of the Lego tower. As yet none of the other three children have come forward to claim responsibility.

Broga81

Post by Broga81 »

Gonzo wrote:
Broga81 wrote:
Yes mate. Called by andyinbrasil on the David Moyes Out thread. Check out the text of that and the videos he sounds like the perfect man for us. Doubt the owners will have that kind of ambition, though I hope I’m wrong.
Not just ambition mate, I doubt they have a basic knowledge of the latest up and coming coaches in world football
I've got to say its the same with most fans mate. In truth we are all only mentioning managers that have managed in the premier league now or in the past.
Its time to do something different and gamble. How do we get the word out so the board can see? Even though it will fall on deaf ears. David Gold is an 81 year old man after all :lol:

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

Broga81 wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
Not just ambition mate, I doubt they have a basic knowledge of the latest up and coming coaches in world football
I've got to say its the same with most fans mate. In truth we are all only mentioning managers that have managed in the premier league now or in the past.
Its time to do something different and gamble. How do we get the word out so the board can see? Even though it will fall on deaf ears. David Gold is an 81 year old man after all :i am genuinely amused:
It's fine not to know the full details of every up and coming coach in world football. That's why it's wise to employ some football people at executive level who do know the game.

Send some scouts out, do some research and then compile a list of talented innovative coaches. Then work through the list a discard those who are not bilingual.

It's not rocket science but our mob seem unable to recruit a manager unless they have sat on the 'Goals on Sunday' sofa and class Peter Reid as a mate.

Broga81

Post by Broga81 »

Gonzo wrote:
Broga81 wrote:
Its time to do something different and gamble. How do we get the word out so the board can see? Even though it will fall on deaf ears. David Gold is an 81 year old man after all :i am genuinely amused:
It's fine not to know the full details of every up and coming coach in world football. That's why it's wise to employ some football people at executive level who do know the game.

Send some scouts out, do some research and then compile a list of talented innovative coaches. Then work through the list a discard those who are not bilingual.

It's not rocket science but our mob seem unable to recruit a manager unless they have sat on the 'Goals on Sunday' sofa and class Peter Reid as a mate.
Seems that way. Just seen he has been linked to both Arsenal and Chelsea although he has denied this. Probably wouldnt come to us, we would have to sell it to him big time. As much of an admirer that i am, we all know Moyes will be in the dugout next year :evil:

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chicken Runner

Post by Chicken Runner »

Gonzo wrote:
Great rant mate.
I find your observations are often very astute and recommendations pretty much always on the money.
You have a rare combination of speaking from the heart while still making sense. Except after a couple of hours on the boats :lol: :lol:
Cheers mate and thanks for all you do!
whufc_crest

Chicken Runner

Post by Chicken Runner »

Gonzo wrote:
Thanks Mike. Great show as per.
Bold of you to talk about losing and going down. I know where you are coming from though. Most of us are so fed up with the shenanigans at the club that we begin to entertain drastic and sometime bizarre measures to shake things up. :twisted:
Keep up the good work. Much appreciated!

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

Chicken Runner wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
Great rant mate.
I find your observations are often very astute and recommendations pretty much always on the money.
You have a rare combination of speaking from the heart while still making sense. Except after a couple of hours on the boats :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:
Cheers mate and thanks for all you do!
whufc_crest
Thanks mate, my wife would disagree :( :lol:

Dicksies Diner

Post by Dicksies Diner »

Gonzo wrote:
I like Mike's show but can someone tell him not to get so close to the camera, it leaves me feeling haunted.
Love,peace and harmony to all Hammers.
Fuck the board.