Its got to get worse...Saturday was only the start

Chat about anything football related here!
Romford

Its got to get worse...Saturday was only the start

Post by Romford »

I'd like a pound note for every time ive said this over the past 48 hours...are you prepared to go down maybe even do a Sunderland to get rid of these muppets running our club ??

In my eyes....i would take it happily.

I know there is no guarentee that they will get on their toes whatever league we are in...but while they are in charge they will never ever put enough in for us to be able to even compete in this league.

I would also have no problems getting rid of a few of the new fans we have attracted.

Baddowhammer

Re: Its got to get worse...Saturday was only the start

Post by Baddowhammer »

Romford wrote:I'd like a pound note for every time ive said this over the past 48 hours...are you prepared to go down maybe even do a Sunderland to get rid of these muppets running our club ??

I know there is no guarentee that they will get on their toes whatever league we are in...but while they are in charge they will never ever put enough in for us to be able to even compete in this league.

I would also have no problems getting rid of a few of the new fans we have attracted.
No I wouldn't want us to go down we're about as tempting as buying a red hot poker up the arse for half price to potential buyers as it is but these new supporters we seem to have picked up should do one. COYI

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

I think it's quite likely to happen but to answer your question , no, I wouldn't be happy about it.

Reason being quite simply that as I've just posted in a reply to Pale and serious new owner would realise that, as the 4th team in London, a massive investment would be needed just to push us up to a level where we can compete with, never mind beat, the other 3. And investors buy clubs to make money. London looks to have it's quota of so called top clubs at the moment.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Phil

Post by Phil »

do I want to go down - No

Does going down bother me - No

I quite enjoyed Saturday but there needs to be more care to not be hurting people

giving it to the board vocally was the best thing I've seen all season (other than winning at Wembley)

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

This is the problem were having,gonna be having....I want these guys out as much...more than most
maybe.....But I'm a West Ham Fan first and foremost.....and Def do not want us to drop..as much as
I dislike the PL as well,believe you try and aim for the highest level poss in sport,if you get there
great,if you don't...keep trying,and should never in any circumstances be happy or want
relegation..(changed topic of OP a bit there...sorry)....But...

I just posted elsewhere that I would be happy for things to ease up a bit now,as part of the
job has been done....leave it to the last home game....do something then.Meanwhile
get behind the team on the pitch..

When we have Sir Trev asking us to do something,from his heart,we have to listen...

This pitch invasion stuff etc is really seriously gonna split us,it was bad enough what I saw outside
the ground Saturday...Irons coming that close to rucking with each other,when we all want the
same thing.....gotta find a way to stick together...

Like I said the stuff in the the ground WILL lead to us fighting with each other...

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Romford wrote:I'd like a pound note for every time ive said this over the past 48 hours...are you prepared to go down maybe even do a Sunderland to get rid of these muppets running our club ??

Cant say I am happy with the situation we are in now and thats putting it politely , but as far as dropping out of the premiership , it is more then likely going to happen . Will I be happy if this happens ? , No way , why would anyone want that to happen . The investment it would take to get us back up would probably make any new investor think twice . This team as it is just isnt good enough for the fight , many said it was the best outside the top six , honestly think we are deluded , we have been defensively poor for the last 3 seasons. Buying aging hasbeens is something we have always done , has it ever taken us to the next level ? No , so why are we still doing it . I just hope we get some luck going our way as this team are not good enough , though the shite management/owners has caused us to be in this position , we have had our fair share of injuries that hasnt helped .

h69

Post by h69 »

No way do I want us to go down. The reason I went on Saturday was to support a football team. Nothing else....I dont care about all this bullshit rhetoric about stadia, popcorn, accounts, toilets, seating etc because I see football as only a pastime and I have a very good seat and view...I've only missed one game this season home or away but its not the most important thing in my entire life. My family is.

Do I like the board....not really but I have not liked any of them

Do I think the fans are making far too much of it.....yes and they were quite embarassing....most of those who were demonstrating just want to get on TV and are completely deluded. Running over and having a go at Mark Noble or grabbing the corner flag....really ? Just makes us look embarassing again.

Do I think Saturday showed we have a lot of fans that are a bunch of muppets with no life .....yes

Someone called Anthony wrote a really good piece on KUMB recently ...... I c+p it below because I agree with it.

On the tube on the way back home from the game (yes, I left just before the 3rd goal....) I met the guy who ran on with the corner flag. The conversation I had with him was deeply bittersweet; he allowed me to criticise him, accepted that to some degree his action was wrong (ruefully telling me he'd had his season ticket removed and faced a £2k fine plus a criminal record) but struck me as past caring. Despite my belief that the actions of him and his fellow pitch-invaders had precisely the negative effect on the team that I'd feared these protests would (there was still time for us to get an equaliser) I almost felt sorry for him; he said he hadn't planned it, 'something just snapped.' In many ways he appeared to embody exactly the type of West Ham fan alluded to by Big Sam in his infamous 'deluded' remark; in this guy's eyes we should (or deserve to) be up there with The Big Six and it's all G&S' fault that we're not; I pointed out that this belief went against over 100 years of our history (during which, as a recent book about London football has pointed out, we have only finished as the number one club in London three - count 'em - times) and that despite all the outward trappings (the mansion etc) G&S are nowhere near the same financial ballpark as the owners of The Big Six. Yes, they made some exaggerated claims about the benefits of the stadium move in much the same way that the makers of Lynx tell adolescent males that if they splash it on then knickers will drop all around them but did anyone really take all that with anything other than a large pinch of salt? When he said we ought to be finishing at least seventh or eighth he essentially summed up for me what I have always felt these latest round of protests are really about; after that glorious first season under Bilic we've endured another two of more typical West Ham scrappiness made worse (in my view) by horrendous injury problems denying the team any sort of consistency in selection and performance. Couple this with what the fans see as G&S' 'betrayal' and there you have it. I have no doubt at all that if we were indeed where Burnley are now NONE of this would be happening; yes, there would still be moans and gripes about the stadium (all of which I heartily share) but that would be it. After Saturday's pitch invasions there's no doubt in my mind that it's all getting to the players and for that reason alone it's got to stop. Mercifully we now have a 3-week break before the Southampton game. Up to Burnley scoring I felt reasonably confident we would score the one goal needed to win that game; I still believe we'll stay up but only if both the players and fans can summon up the Greatest Escape spirit when an unlikely 7 wins in our last 9 games rescued an infinitely worse season than this one under owners who I seem to recall had made far more grandiose promises than G&S only for those to dissolve into the near-bankruptcy and liquidation from which - like it or not - G&S rescued us. It's the West Ham Way, guys, nothing to get so exercised about, but if you truly love this club then on 31st March leave your negativity at the turnstile and get behind the team.

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep »

There's a huge swathe of supporters who feel as you and the guy you quoted.69...

You can't fight City Hall.

It's the journey (mates,pubs,cafes) as much as the destination. If you are'nt enjoying either,find something else to do. I certainly don't renew my ST without a bit of heart searching.

This board is incompetent rather than penny pinchers in my book.

Surely they wouldn't want relegation So they obviously feel (wrongly) they have spent sufficient to at least avoid that.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Sadiq Khan wants a meeting to discuss the financial situation.

Maybe they'll put us out of business and we can start again over at Hackney Marshes while the shysters are begging on the streets of Basildon.

:lol:

But seriously.

Do I want relegation ? No.

But even if we stay up, do I want continual relegation battles because the dwarf won't invest ? No.

IF it meant those two selling up I'd take the drop in the blink of an eye.

Romford

Post by Romford »

So...it seems like all of you are happy for this current situation to continue or the board to totally change and start listening to the fans gripes ?

I personally don't see a good end to either of those...