Everton v West Ham - Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
garnett

Re: Everton - How would you line us up?

Post by garnett »

FlatCapDave wrote:
garnett wrote: perhaps I should go on a break for a few days to properly assess our situation
The fella only has to see his wife during holidays, his whole fucking life is one big break! :lol:

You misunderstand Dave, I think straighter when on a sunbed with a Pina Colada, wife lying on the bed next to me of course.

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

I do think the defense needs to be tightened up as much as possible and so while I do want to see more of Fredericks, I would put Zaba in for this one and keep Cresswell at lb. I'm not going to lambaste Sanchez for the mistake he made while absolutely knackered in added time last week and I still like his reading of the game and passing ability. Maybe our manager can keep an eye on him and make informed and timely subs this week.

Fabs

Zabs Balbs Diop Cressie

Rice Sanchez

Wilshire

Yarma Anderson
Arnie
#fuckqatar2022

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

Even though the Wolves game was shite I was half pleased that we were going to keep a clean sheet at last.

Then we got Sanchezed.

But I'd keep him in. You all make mistakes. I don't, but you all do.

Flappyhandski
Zab Doowop General Cresswell
Sanchez Noble Obiang
Arnie Chicharito Anderson

Don't bomb forward too much. Play a possession game. Respect the Point :D

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Taansend wrote:Even though the Wolves game was shite I was half pleased that we were going to keep a clean sheet at last.

Then we got Sanchezed.

Flappyhandski
Sanchez Noble Obiang

Interesting lineup.I like it. I might swap Cresswell for Masuaku as I like the boys verve.

Romford

Post by Romford »

Wilshere and Chico cannot make the team...

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

12121 wrote:---------------------------------Fabianski-------------------------------------

------------ Diop ---------------Balbuena-----------------Ogbonna----------

Zabaletta------------------------------------------------------------Cresswell

----------------------------Sanchez---Noble----Obiang----------------------------

---------------------------------Snodgrass----------------------------------------

-------------------------------Arnautovic------------------------------------------

It's a unambitious, champion-esque team with players not up to the PL, but, this is the team to play at this moment in time with the players at our disposal.

It won't show the correct positions when posted but it t is obviously 3 centre halves and 2 wing backs.
That is your best post for 27 years.Congratulations.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Fabianski

Diop
Ogbonna
Balbuena

Zabaleta
Rice
Sanchez
Wilshere
Cresswell

Arnautovic
Yarmalenko

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

BlackDiamond wrote:
Taansend wrote:Even though the Wolves game was shite I was half pleased that we were going to keep a clean sheet at last.

Then we got Sanchezed.

Flappyhandski
Sanchez Noble Obiang

Interesting lineup.I like it. I might swap Cresswell for Masuaku as I like the boys verve.
Love Masuaku but need a clean sheet so whoever is better at defending.

Porterman

Post by Porterman »

FlatCapDave wrote:I expected a response like that, which is why I didn't bother replying to him.

To explain my choices a bit more, I'd opt to try three at the back, and I think putting Rice there with both Balbuena and Diop will do his progress no harm at all.

I like Masuaku as an attacking force, but don't think he brings enough defensively, so I'd fire him out to the wing in place of Antonio and let him show us what he can do if he has less defensive responsibilities.

Snoddy has done quite well up until now, and his omission isn't down to anything he's done badly, I just think it's time for Yarmo to step it up and get some games under his belt now. Snoddy is there in reserve if required.

The centre of the park is what it is, and no combination at present is going to look great considering how we've been playing, but if we can get Wilshere doing what he does best in a creative sense we can have both Noble and Sanchez covering any gaps he may leave.

Anderson is a funny one, because I'm fairly certain that Pellegrini bought him as a winger, and he has played there for two of the last three seasons with Lazio.

But, the other season of those three he played as a second striker/number ten, and he looked good when he played there for us, so why not?

That will pose issues when Lanzini comes back, but those are the kind of issues any manager doesn't mind having.

Arnie up top is a no-brainer, although I think we may have to dip into the market for a second striker in January, as we don't seem to have decent cover who can come in and do a job in his place if required.

Anyway, I've never claimed to have a "refined knowledge of football," but it's Thursday afternoon, I'm on a tea break and had fuck all else to do :D
Cumt and all as Numbers might be Dave his point re " who on earth would protect the right side of defence" is surely valid?!!

I have never been a massive fan of 3 at the back but AGREE ENTIRELY that we should deploy it for the next game as his 4 at the back had been absolutely horrendous so far (not entirely the back 4s fault as there appear to be nobody who could stop a kid in a sweet shop far less any energetic foraging opposition player in the opposition midfield.

I will reserve judgement on Sanchez as haven't seen enough of him yet but things are so bad that possibly one of the worst midfielders in our history in Noble suddenly seems like the lesser of the evils ( well fuck me no matter how bad he is he has to be better than that clown Obiang)!!

IF going 3 at the back I would have Rice as DM as at least he has " a chance " of being able to provide defensive cover on the flanks.

I said a couple of weeks ago I hoped Pellegrino wasn't going to become the next Avram/Slaven sitting on the team bus going to Goodison with " bingo balls"!!

I fear his hand is getting ever closer to that velvet bag!!!

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Against a bloody wall at the moment..........

Joke......... :lol:

A 4-3-3......Prefer 3-5-2..but he aint ever gonna do that so..

Return to Rice and Nobe in middle with Jack in a free role......3 Forwards doing whatever...
Hopefully scoring....