Everton v West Ham - Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
SoggyOggy

Re: Everton - How would you line us up?

Post by SoggyOggy »

----------------------Fabianski-----------------------
----------Diop-------Balbuena-------Cresswell----
Fredericks-----Sanchez-----Noble------Masuaku
----------------------Anderson-----------------------
--------Yarmolenko---------Arnautovic----------

I think Cresswell had decent performances more often than not as the LCB in a 3 last season so I'd give him a run there (he's only helped by the fact Ogbonna's been awful). Playing a back 3 will cover for our wingbacks defensive deficiencies at least in the short term and let them focus on what theyre better at, which is getting forward. Noble brought into the midfield because Jack looks disinterested, Obiang could potentially start over him but Noble has better passing ability so I'd give him the nod although Obiang has more legs than Noble its a toss up really. Sanchez should continue as I thought he had a decent game against Wolves barring his fatal error. Anderson shows glimpses of his ability when he played centrally against Arsenal. And Yarmolenko should start in a floating position off the right allowing him to cut inside and link up with Arnie there was a few moments against Wolves where we could see that he has a bit of invention around the box and having two big physical units occupying the Everton defence could work in our favour. whufc_crest

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

hd1 wrote:
Taansend wrote:Even though the Wolves game was shite I was half pleased that we were going to keep a clean sheet at last.

Then we got Sanchezed.

But I'd keep him in. You all make mistakes. I don't, but you all do.

Flappyhandski
Zab Doowop General Cresswell
Sanchez Noble Obiang
Arnie Chicharito Anderson

Don't bomb forward too much. Play a possession game. Respect the Point :D
I'd probably swap Rice for Obiang and Yarmalenko for Chicharito but otherwise reasonable. One things for sure, Antonio shouldn't be starting
I love Antonio. But just not for this match.

And I'm far from convinced about Rice.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Taansend wrote:
hd1 wrote:
I'd probably swap Rice for Obiang and Yarmalenko for Chicharito but otherwise reasonable. One things for sure, Antonio shouldn't be starting

I think Rice should partner Diop. He played well mostly last season and I think if you give him the nod, he will grow stronger as a leader at the back.
Diop, at this moment in time needs someone beside him who has played in this league.

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

Castiron wrote:
Taansend wrote:

I think Rice should partner Diop. He played well mostly last season and I think if you give him the nod, he will grow stronger as a leader at the back.
Diop, at this moment in time needs someone beside him who has played in this league.
Good to have options innit :D

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

Taansend wrote:
Castiron wrote: I think Rice should partner Diop. He played well mostly last season and I think if you give him the nod, he will grow stronger as a leader at the back.
Good to have options innit :D
Play the 3 of them together with Fredericks and Masuaku as wing backs. More options.
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

FlatCapDave

Post by FlatCapDave »

punkrockhammer wrote: We would be absolutely murdered with that line up
Or we could win 4-0.

Fuck it, it's not my job that's at risk. I'd Bielsa the fuck right out of it :D

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer »

Taansend wrote:
hd1 wrote:

Not his fault and obviously not done on purpose, but when we are under the cosh, which we surely will be, Rice has a nasty habit of being at fault for a goal or two

My Everton friend assured me Richarlason is suspended and Walcott is injured

I hope he’s right as we are probably the only side Walcott has a good scoring record against

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

Personally I think Sanchez has been decent, one bad mistake does not reflect his performances (remember Traore ran past Cress & Balbuena too and Flapppy may have done a little better at his near post, but hey)

With Richarlison & Walcott out, get the ball to Anderson or out wide to Arthur or Yarmo and just run at them, Arnie has to go with them, actually go near the box and pick up the pieces. They are still crap at the back.

Fabianski
Zaba Balbuena Diop Cress
Yarmo Sanchez Wilshere Masuaku
Anderson
Arnie

Man, do we need Lanzini in there instead of Wilshere...

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

IronsForever wrote:Lets find a balanced team!!

.....................................................Flappy...........................................

Zabby.............................Balbuena........................Diop......................Masuaku...
...................................................Rice Obiang...............................
..............................................................Whileshire...........................................
............................Antonio......................................................Anderson.................
........................................................Arnie......................................................

The system is called. " Triple A Offensive " Whilshire and Anderson have free roles. Cover in the form of Rice and Obiang. Antonio uses his pace down the right. Whilshire in the no.10 role
That balanced team appears to be leaning to the right a tad :D
Bring back Jonathon !

h69

Post by h69 »

----------------------Fabianski-----------------------
----------Diop-------Balbuena-------Cresswell----
Fredericks-----Sanchez-----Obiang------Masuaku
--------Yarmolenko---------Anderson----------
----------------------Arnie-----------------------