Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 11462
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 37
x 226

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Whiskyman »

Hopefully a bit of common sense is now kicking in and the panic mongers will be brought to heel. And, thankfully, not by David Icke and his bunch of crazies, but by sensible Tory politicians who believe in traditional Tory values.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politic ... 58311.html
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
BCHammer
Posts: 949
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:23 pm
Location: Vancouver BC
x 30

Re: Coronavirus

Post by BCHammer »

Whiskyman wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:08 am
And, thankfully, not by David Icke and his bunch of crazies
I listened to a podcast a guy called Shaun Attwood (who is a true crime author and activist against pedophiles) did with Icke. If I understand, I think the theory is that the WHO is completely corrupt under the power of Bill Gates and they have invented Covid so he can not only make money by selling the vaccines, but apparently more important than money is power and control on a global scale. There are these elites like Gates, the Bushes, Clintons etc who are implementing a new world order, a "great reset" and they are using the WHO as a front to achieve that. Not by violence or wars to build empires like Hitler and many others have tried to do, but through manipulation by causing panic by a global killer virus. BoJo and other right wing politicians may be caught up on the coat tails of it all, but it doesn't matter because every government and health authority takes their directive from the WHO - which is "them" (new world order) and therefore "they" have managed to control every country and the whole worlds population with these lockdowns, bubbles and so on and make a big % of the population dependent on the government to survive. By defying the government is standing up to the new world order.

I don't buy it, though I would not be shocked if these elites steer things as they wish to self gratiate themselves, or even if it was manufactured and intentionally released from a lab for the same reason. But the problem with all these theories is, even if there may be some grains of truth in corrupt elites, there is another agenda behind it, in this case anti vaxxer.

I have never got a flu shot, I've had the odd mild flu, but I also know that I - and 99% of the western world - have not had smallpox, mumps, measles, rubella, typhoid, cholera, diphtheria etc etc in the past 50 years. Would I get a covid shot? Probably, because it seems here in Canada anyway, international travel will not be permitted until vaccinated and I need to get back to the UK and see the family - and that is exactly what Icke & co are fighting against.

The problem the politicians have, like a Trudeau here in Canada who if it even exists would not be in on a new world order, they are damned if they do or don't. The general perception here is that what they are doing in the US with a couple million infected and 200,000 dead (10%) is such a shocking headline (even if it is not much different than regular flu season...) that it is incompetence and effectively murder as it was allowed to happen and they can't be seen to be negligent or laissez faire with public health. They are scared of doing nothing.

At the end of the day, when all is said and done, its not a bad thing for people to wash their hands and not sit on top of each other in a restaurant or bus. I would prefer to be without the mask, but it hasn't hurt me yet the few minutes a day I am required to wear it.

User avatar
BlackDiamond
Posts: 5671
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:46 pm
x 273
x 157

Re: Coronavirus

Post by BlackDiamond »

BCHammer wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:43 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:08 am
And, thankfully, not by David Icke and his bunch of crazies
I listened to a podcast a guy called Shaun Attwood (who is a true crime author and activist against pedophiles) did with Icke. If I understand, I think the theory is that the WHO is completely corrupt under the power of Bill Gates and they have invented Covid so he can not only make money by selling the vaccines, but apparently more important than money is power and control on a global scale. There are these elites like Gates, the Bushes, Clintons etc who are implementing a new world order, a "great reset" and they are using the WHO as a front to achieve that. Not by violence or wars to build empires like Hitler and many others have tried to do, but through manipulation by causing panic by a global killer virus. BoJo and other right wing politicians may be caught up on the coat tails of it all, but it doesn't matter because every government and health authority takes their directive from the WHO - which is "them" (new world order) and therefore "they" have managed to control every country and the whole worlds population with these lockdowns, bubbles and so on and make a big % of the population dependent on the government to survive. By defying the government is standing up to the new world order.

I don't buy it, though I would not be shocked if these elites steer things as they wish to self gratiate themselves, or even if it was manufactured and intentionally released from a lab for the same reason. But the problem with all these theories is, even if there may be some grains of truth in corrupt elites, there is another agenda behind it, in this case anti vaxxer.

I have never got a flu shot, I've had the odd mild flu, but I also know that I - and 99% of the western world - have not had smallpox, mumps, measles, rubella, typhoid, cholera, diphtheria etc etc in the past 50 years. Would I get a covid shot? Probably, because it seems here in Canada anyway, international travel will not be permitted until vaccinated and I need to get back to the UK and see the family - and that is exactly what Icke & co are fighting against.

The problem the politicians have, like a Trudeau here in Canada who if it even exists would not be in on a new world order, they are damned if they do or don't. The general perception here is that what they are doing in the US with a couple million infected and 200,000 dead (10%) is such a shocking headline (even if it is not much different than regular flu season...) that it is incompetence and effectively murder as it was allowed to happen and they can't be seen to be negligent or laissez faire with public health. They are scared of doing nothing.

At the end of the day, when all is said and done, its not a bad thing for people to wash their hands and not sit on top of each other in a restaurant or bus. I would prefer to be without the mask, but it hasn't hurt me yet the few minutes a day I am required to wear it.
I think there are two things going on here: one Youtube/the internet have facilitated the means to communicate daft ideas and because life is so damned complicated for a lot of people, ideas that seem to explain what is going on and on the surface seem to put things in order are listened to.

People naturally prefer order to chaos. In almost every regard.

Let's borrow from the Bible - it doesn't really matter whether we think it's true or not - and quote "Beware of false prophets..."
Step forward David Icke, failed lower league goalkeeper and the poster boy for the Dunning-Kruger effect. Which is a condition of simply thinking that your good at something when your not good at something. In his case - which is unusual but not rare - he is not good at anything.
And why should that be so, because he lacks meta cognition which is the ability to self evaluate.

So what's the opposite of this and how can knowing that help us. That is where a balanced view is necessary. So somebody might say, well I've studied this extensively and have some experience in the field, so I might be able to join the discussion. Not as an expert but as a useful contributor. Exactly the opposite of what David Icke is doing, because he is not useful and does not contribute usefully.

So now we know what we should be doing, we can all go about our day, doing it better...

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 11462
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 37
x 226

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:01 am
BCHammer wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:43 am


I listened to a podcast a guy called Shaun Attwood (who is a true crime author and activist against pedophiles) did with Icke. If I understand, I think the theory is that the WHO is completely corrupt under the power of Bill Gates and they have invented Covid so he can not only make money by selling the vaccines, but apparently more important than money is power and control on a global scale. There are these elites like Gates, the Bushes, Clintons etc who are implementing a new world order, a "great reset" and they are using the WHO as a front to achieve that. Not by violence or wars to build empires like Hitler and many others have tried to do, but through manipulation by causing panic by a global killer virus. BoJo and other right wing politicians may be caught up on the coat tails of it all, but it doesn't matter because every government and health authority takes their directive from the WHO - which is "them" (new world order) and therefore "they" have managed to control every country and the whole worlds population with these lockdowns, bubbles and so on and make a big % of the population dependent on the government to survive. By defying the government is standing up to the new world order.

I don't buy it, though I would not be shocked if these elites steer things as they wish to self gratiate themselves, or even if it was manufactured and intentionally released from a lab for the same reason. But the problem with all these theories is, even if there may be some grains of truth in corrupt elites, there is another agenda behind it, in this case anti vaxxer.

I have never got a flu shot, I've had the odd mild flu, but I also know that I - and 99% of the western world - have not had smallpox, mumps, measles, rubella, typhoid, cholera, diphtheria etc etc in the past 50 years. Would I get a covid shot? Probably, because it seems here in Canada anyway, international travel will not be permitted until vaccinated and I need to get back to the UK and see the family - and that is exactly what Icke & co are fighting against.

The problem the politicians have, like a Trudeau here in Canada who if it even exists would not be in on a new world order, they are damned if they do or don't. The general perception here is that what they are doing in the US with a couple million infected and 200,000 dead (10%) is such a shocking headline (even if it is not much different than regular flu season...) that it is incompetence and effectively murder as it was allowed to happen and they can't be seen to be negligent or laissez faire with public health. They are scared of doing nothing.

At the end of the day, when all is said and done, its not a bad thing for people to wash their hands and not sit on top of each other in a restaurant or bus. I would prefer to be without the mask, but it hasn't hurt me yet the few minutes a day I am required to wear it.
I think there are two things going on here: one Youtube/the internet have facilitated the means to communicate daft ideas and because life is so damned complicated for a lot of people, ideas that seem to explain what is going on and on the surface seem to put things in order are listened to.

People naturally prefer order to chaos. In almost every regard.

Let's borrow from the Bible - it doesn't really matter whether we think it's true or not - and quote "Beware of false prophets..."
Step forward David Icke, failed lower league goalkeeper and the poster boy for the Dunning-Kruger effect. Which is a condition of simply thinking that your good at something when your not good at something. In his case - which is unusual but not rare - he is not good at anything.
And why should that be so, because he lacks meta cognition which is the ability to self evaluate.

So what's the opposite of this and how can knowing that help us. That is where a balanced view is necessary. So somebody might say, well I've studied this extensively and have some experience in the field, so I might be able to join the discussion. Not as an expert but as a useful contributor. Exactly the opposite of what David Icke is doing, because he is not useful and does not contribute usefully.

So now we know what we should be doing, we can all go about our day, doing it better...
I'm guessing your opinion of David Icke is similar to my own. If you stepped on him you would grab the first piece of cloth you could find and wipe him off your shoe.

However I have to disagree with your point that he isn't good at anything. He is, because of the inherent stupidity, or gullibility if you prefer, of large swathes of the population, very effective at creating an appearance of gravitas and relevance. He is, at least I assume he is, making a decent living for himself by espousing his wild and absurd theories, which is something he couldn't do were it not for the aforementioned gullibility of those who hang on to his every word.

Obviously were he ever asked to actually do something constructive to change the world he so obviously mistrusts he couldn't. Which I suppose is proof that you are right in saying he's no good at anything other than naked self publicity and pandering to the terminally dense. I suppose that makes him a sort of Nigel Farage figure, but with a bible in one hand. I'm assuming Icke still believes, as he once proclaimed, he is the son of god.

Which, if he's the same as the first reported son of god, makes him a bastard, does it not ?
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
palerider
Posts: 10295
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:35 am
Location: Huish Episcopi
x 79
x 196

Re: Coronavirus

Post by palerider »

Government rebels are urging Johnson to sack Vallance and Whitty, two of the four horsemen of the apocalypse.

I doubt he will as he and Matt Hancock are the other two, but he's in for a fight now, although Liverpool is days away from being the first city to have a 'circuit-break', with scousers banned from going into of other peoples' homes and leaving with their property for a full two weeks.
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

User avatar
BlackDiamond
Posts: 5671
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:46 pm
x 273
x 157

Re: Coronavirus

Post by BlackDiamond »

palerider wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:49 pm
Government rebels are urging Johnson to sack Vallance and Whitty, two of the four horsemen of the apocalypse.

I doubt he will as he and Matt Hancock are the other two, but he's in for a fight now, although Liverpool is days away from being the first city to have a 'circuit-break', with scousers banned from going into of other peoples' homes and leaving with their property for a full two weeks.
And that isolation rule differs in different circumstances. And those circumstances are unknown. For some people the advice is 10 days and for others it's two weeks.

So broadly speaking, it's just who says what, at any given moment. Nobody really worries about the missing four days unless someone is of the two week persuasion.

While people are playing about with numbers, let's consider this. Apparently there have been 1 million covid deaths and 33 million covid cases.
So we could say - plainly speaking - that the average mortality rate is 33/1

Now in Roulette, the chances of landing on black/red should be 50% but it is actually 49%. Because the rotating bouncing ball, when the wheel is spun has a very slim chance of jumping up and landing in the spindle, which is located in the centre of the wheel and this turret structure has a curved surface which can claim the ball. The odds of this happening (landing on zero) are 33/1

Taking our playing with numbers, we could construct an argument that suggests that dying from covid - if you contract it - is as likely as landing on zero if you are playing roulette

Since I've never met a roulette player who has landed on zero and never seen anyone else do it; would it be allowable to ignore best Government advice and carry on with the game (life)

User avatar
palerider
Posts: 10295
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:35 am
Location: Huish Episcopi
x 79
x 196

Re: Coronavirus

Post by palerider »

BlackDiamond wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:21 pm
palerider wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:49 pm
Government rebels are urging Johnson to sack Vallance and Whitty, two of the four horsemen of the apocalypse.

I doubt he will as he and Matt Hancock are the other two, but he's in for a fight now, although Liverpool is days away from being the first city to have a 'circuit-break', with scousers banned from going into of other peoples' homes and leaving with their property for a full two weeks.
And that isolation rule differs in different circumstances. And those circumstances are unknown. For some people the advice is 10 days and for others it's two weeks.

So broadly speaking, it's just who says what, at any given moment. Nobody really worries about the missing four days unless someone is of the two week persuasion.

While people are playing about with numbers, let's consider this. Apparently there have been 1 million covid deaths and 33 million covid cases.
So we could say - plainly speaking - that the average mortality rate is 33/1

Now in Roulette, the chances of landing on black/red should be 50% but it is actually 49%. Because the rotating bouncing ball, when the wheel is spun has a very slim chance of jumping up and landing in the spindle, which is located in the centre of the wheel and this turret structure has a curved surface which can claim the ball. The odds of this happening (landing on zero) are 33/1

Taking our playing with numbers, we could construct an argument that suggests that dying from covid - if you contract it - is as likely as landing on zero playing roulette, if you are playing roulette

Since I've never met a roulette player who has landed on zero and never seen anyone else do it; would it be allowable to ignore best Government advice and carry on with the game (life)
Indeed.

Now I live in South Somerset which has one of the lowest rates in the country. And my daughter is coming over on Sunday as it's her birthday. With her boyfriend, whose job as a mechanic puts him in touch with the great unwashed.

But am I terrified ?

No sir. I put ice cubes down the vest of fear. Should they infect the area I'll take the 5th.

But.....Having booked a table for four at the local pub, their rules have changed since I booked it. Thankfully they don't insist on that preposterous app for track and trace, What the fuck is it with apps ? You'll need to book going for a shit soon.

But their website says you can only be 'maskless' when eating and drinking.

Does that mean we have to enter wearing the fuckers, easing them down over the chin every time a piece of roast chicken is produced or a sip of Butcombe is required. Then easing them up again.

Confusing doesn't come into it. Boris doesn't appear certain either, bless him.
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

User avatar
Dwayne Pipes
Posts: 3911
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:46 pm
x 43
x 283

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Siting down at a table eating or drinking -no mask
Leaving said table -mask
Entering and exiting- mask
Going for a piss/shit or drugs in toilets or for a snout outside- mask
Going up the ramp for a refill- mask

Hope this helps.

Enjoy.

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 6129
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 64
x 119

Re: Coronavirus

Post by mkhammer »

palerider wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:37 pm
BlackDiamond wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:21 pm

And that isolation rule differs in different circumstances. And those circumstances are unknown. For some people the advice is 10 days and for others it's two weeks.

So broadly speaking, it's just who says what, at any given moment. Nobody really worries about the missing four days unless someone is of the two week persuasion.

While people are playing about with numbers, let's consider this. Apparently there have been 1 million covid deaths and 33 million covid cases.
So we could say - plainly speaking - that the average mortality rate is 33/1

Now in Roulette, the chances of landing on black/red should be 50% but it is actually 49%. Because the rotating bouncing ball, when the wheel is spun has a very slim chance of jumping up and landing in the spindle, which is located in the centre of the wheel and this turret structure has a curved surface which can claim the ball. The odds of this happening (landing on zero) are 33/1

Taking our playing with numbers, we could construct an argument that suggests that dying from covid - if you contract it - is as likely as landing on zero playing roulette, if you are playing roulette

Since I've never met a roulette player who has landed on zero and never seen anyone else do it; would it be allowable to ignore best Government advice and carry on with the game (life)
Indeed.

Now I live in South Somerset which has one of the lowest rates in the country. And my daughter is coming over on Sunday as it's her birthday. With her boyfriend, whose job as a mechanic puts him in touch with the great unwashed.

But am I terrified ?

No sir. I put ice cubes down the vest of fear. Should they infect the area I'll take the 5th.

But.....Having booked a table for four at the local pub, their rules have changed since I booked it. Thankfully they don't insist on that preposterous app for track and trace, What the fuck is it with apps ? You'll need to book going for a shit soon.

But their website says you can only be 'maskless' when eating and drinking.

Does that mean we have to enter wearing the fuckers, easing them down over the chin every time a piece of roast chicken is produced or a sip of Butcombe is required. Then easing them up again.

Confusing doesn't come into it. Boris doesn't appear certain either, bless him.
Close...had to use a Credit Card to have a piss last week....female voice pipes up telling you what to do as you walk in....
As a thought she didn't tell you how much it cost(typical Female... :lol: )...could have charged a score for all I Know......

And had Just been charged a Fiver to park in some Farmers field (Lake District) cos was so busy...nearest parking in lakes
was fuckin Carlisle..... :lol:

Nice to see someones making a few bucks outta Covid Tho...

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 6129
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 64
x 119

Re: Coronavirus

Post by mkhammer »

Dunno whos writing the Script for this year...but they are Bloody good....

Trump and his old lady has it now....poss caught from his PR advisor,Hope Hicks....

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/94/40/59 ... c79b31.jpg


:lol: :lol: ..you just cant make this shit up.....

Post Reply