Brexit

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
palerider

Re: Brexit

Post by palerider »

If Merkel, Tusk, Schulz and Juncker were so determined for us to stay they should have listened when Cameron said he wanted changes. They've got egg on their chin now, in Merkel's case chins, although the twat shouldn't have rolled over like he did. He should have played hard-ball. Maggie would have. Now it's cost him his job.

For me it was always immigration. The unshakeable open borders policy would one day bite them on their arse. And that day's arrived. If Cameron (who I've always despised btw) had come away from negotiations with meaningful concessions, I'd have voted to stay. And I think the majority from the north, where the Remain camp really lost, would have done the same.

Holland and Denmark will be next. Then watch and see how well Le Pen does in the French election.

I think the EU has just been diagnosed with a terminal illness.

theludo

Post by theludo »

24 June 2016, the day our country grew a pair.

Cameron out is simply the icing on a lovely cake.

Please take gormless George with you Davey boy, there's a good lad.

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

To be replaced by whom, Gove? (god forbid)

For me, this result, firmly shuts the door on a Labour Government, for a number of years (winner winner)
Covid in the Boardroom

whu

Post by whu »

jameskel wrote:To be replaced by whom, Gove? (god forbid)

For me, this result, firmly shuts the door on a Labour Government, for a number of years (winner winner)
Indeed :D

It's Boris - If I can get better than 1/4 I'm smashing into it but I won't, it's a shoe-in for me....and he's a bright cunt under that clown exterior.
Fuck Off Sully, Brady, Moyes. Killing this club by death from a thousand cunts.

theludo

Post by theludo »

The obvious heir apparent is bonkers Boris, but would he command a majority in the House of Commons? If not, then a soonish General Election looms.

Wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Labour either. Presently under Corbyn, they're unelectable. However, the current scenario presents a perfect opportunity and reason for the labour activists to out him. If they then vote in somebody with a degree of sense and credibility, who knows?

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

theludo wrote:

The obvious heir apparent is bonkers Boris, but would he command a majority in the House of Commons? If not, then a soonish General Election looms.

Wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Labour either. Presently under Corbyn, they're unelectable. However, the current scenario presents a perfect opportunity and reason for the labour activists to out him. If they then vote in somebody with a degree of sense and credibility, who knows?
Corbyn's facing a dreaded vote of confidence. One he will surely lose. Labour need to be smart here and find someone who can actually connect with the people. Only then will they have any semblance of a chance. That said, I do reckon there WILL be another General Election this year ending with a coalition Government made up of God-knows whom!
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

whu

Post by whu »

I think the will of the people will prevail. MP's will be hassled to give the exit strategy a proper go I think. I don't necessarily think you are talking election soon. I think Boris may just get a majority. Hope so anyway.

Grass roots Labour members are fully behind Corbyn btw. They think there's turmoil in Europe, you wait until they try to remove Corbyn. Those little Commie activists behind Corbyn are vicious cunts. Interesting times.
Fuck Off Sully, Brady, Moyes. Killing this club by death from a thousand cunts.

Post by 1234 »

Amazing how euphoric certain people are....all on a hunch.
'We're out'
'Now what?'
'Don't know'

The brain drain happened a long time ago.

theludo

Post by theludo »

BillyDWhizz wrote:
theludo wrote:

Corbyn's facing a dreaded vote of confidence. One he will surely lose. Labour need to be smart here and find someone who can actually connect with the people. Only then will they have any semblance of a chance. That said, I do reckon there WILL be another General Election this year ending with a coalition Government made up of God-knows whom!

Couldn't agree more, not so sure about another coalition though, think we learned a very hard lesson last time on that front.

Towie

Post by Towie »

So the job drain starts already, sooner than I thought.
Morgan Stanley bank moving 2000 jobs to Frankfurt.
More big business will do the same.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.