Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
palerider

Re: Coronavirus

Post by palerider »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:43 pm I've still got hopes on Shania twain knocking on the door, tackled up with a West Ham top on. Oh well 🥺
That don't impress me much.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:12 am
Brookbonds73 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:43 pm I've still got hopes on Shania twain knocking on the door, tackled up with a West Ham top on. Oh well 🥺
That don't impress me much.
You little devil you 🤭
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

Today's news on the latest round of covid bollocks

Why have the vaccine then

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/c ... 91897.html
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Ironworksfc wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:16 pm Today's news on the latest round of covid bollocks

It makes me wonder too mate.What is the point then?

Maybe the well off are making such a big amount of money at the Taxpayers expense(track and trace,vaccines etc),they want this to continue?

Who knows mate,but one thing is for sure,we are getting a oppressed and depressed country at this moment in time..People are getting more and more pissed off.

At least during the war,you could go out and have a pint?It`s go to work,come home,eat,sleep and repeat.I am in my mid 50s,so I am not so bothered,but imagine being a youngster?For me,you lived for your Friday and Saturday nights?Then there is not being able to see loved one`s too.

If things don't begin to change,I think there could be riots once the weather begins to warm up.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:51 pm
Ironworksfc wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:16 pm Today's news on the latest round of covid bollocks

It makes me wonder too mate.What is the point then?

Maybe the well off are making such a big amount of money at the Taxpayers expense(track and trace,vaccines etc),they want this to continue?

Who knows mate,but one thing is for sure,we are getting a oppressed and depressed country at this moment in time..People are getting more and more pissed off.

At least during the war,you could go out and have a pint?It`s go to work,come home,eat,sleep and repeat.I am in my mid 50s,so I am not so bothered,but imagine being a youngster?For me,you lived for your Friday and Saturday nights?Then there is not being able to see loved one`s too.

If things don't begin to change,I think there could be riots once the weather begins to warm up.
The great leader hasn't yet indicated whether schools will reopen after Easter which is April 05. So we can assume that all of Feb/Mar will continue in the happy state it currently is.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

First of all a "TORY" Government "Scaremongering" to bring the UK and it's Economy down...DELIBERATELY.... :lol:
Never heard such crap...C'mon......Why the fuck would they do that...makes no Sense,not even an argument..

Every Single Damaging Virus thats been around us...if we can create a vaccine against it we do...there's thousands...
But this one..the deadliest so far...and there's more to come ..your saying whats the point..
We have inoculations/Vaccines for everything Birth to death...worldwide...Malaria/Typhoid..etc...not just Viruses...
.....Don't bother with Vaccinations....you wont be leaving your houses,for a fucking long time.....

Less Flu around......could it be cos we are walking round with fuckin masks on and are isolating and have been in lockdown
for most of the Bloody year...just a thought...it aint spreading cos we're not passing it around...however Covid still can.
This thing is getting to people before flu does it's much more virulent..

Do you consider where would we be in relation to Cases/Deaths...Hospital intakes etc...without the precautions we have
taken and will continue to take....by the way it's the fit guys and girls among us that are the problem...going out mingling
and passing it on...you can have it and be running a fuckin Marathon...we're not all that Lucky unfortunately.
It's not the ill passing it on...it's people that show no signs of it...THATS THE FUCKIN PROBLEM........

What needs to happen before some of you guys get it...

JayK

Post by JayK »

mkhammer wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:40 am First of all a "TORY" Government "Scaremongering" to bring the UK and it's Economy down...DELIBERATELY.... :lol:
Never heard such crap...C'mon......Why the fuck would they do that...makes no Sense,not even an argument..

Every Single Damaging Virus thats been around us...if we can create a vaccine against it we do...there's thousands...
But this one..the deadliest so far...and there's more to come ..your saying whats the point..
We have inoculations/Vaccines for everything Birth to death...worldwide...Malaria/Typhoid..etc...not just Viruses...
.....Don't bother with Vaccinations....you wont be leaving your houses,for a fucking long time.....

Less Flu around......could it be cos we are walking round with fuckin masks on and are isolating and have been in lockdown
for most of the Bloody year...just a thought...it aint spreading cos we're not passing it around...however Covid still can.

Do you consider where would we be in relation to Cases/Deaths...Hospital intakes etc...without the precautions we have
taken and will continue to take....by the way it's the fit guys and girls among us that are the problem...going out mingling
and passing it on...you can have it and be running a fuckin Marathon...we're not all that Lucky unfortunately.
It's not the ill passing it on...it's people that show no signs of it...THATS THE FUCKIN PROBLEM........

goodpost:)
COYI!!!

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

mkhammer wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:40 am First of all a "TORY" Government "Scaremongering" to bring the UK and it's Economy down...DELIBERATELY.... :lol:

The fact you actually used the argument that people are not catching and dieing from influenza is because we are wearing masks and isolating, but think that covid is so virulent it's spreading with those measures in place, shows me all I need to know about your level of intelligence.
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

We need to recognise what it is and what it isn't. It isn't the most deadly by any measurement. You need to consider morbidity rates. Ebola and SARS were/are more lethal - if you contract them. The flu of 1918 killed between 50 and 100 million with roughly a year. And people who caught it died after less than 24 hours. Not 28 days - and deaths from Covid are because of secondary considerations.

That does not trivialize the virus one bit. Basically if you are healthy you shrug it off. If you are slightly weakened in certain aspects then it can cause serious complications and death.

So with a world population of 8 billion there are probably 200 million who could be put in danger or harms way. Which is why the whole worlds population is hiding away and hoping something other people will do will make it go away.

Now some people feel it's not worth the candle and we should roll the dice, let nature decide who falls and stands. A "you don't miss the end off a sliced loaf" attitude. That's pretty callous but it is a positive decision.

And that's the problem. After a year, we are still having debates over the what, where and how...which is why no one can give a straight answer to the when...

JayK

Post by JayK »

BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:56 pm

We need to recognise what it is and what it isn't. It isn't the most deadly by any measurement. You need to consider morbidity rates. Ebola and SARS were/are more lethal - if you contract them. The flu of 1918 killed between 50 and 100 million with roughly a year. And people who caught it died after less than 24 hours. Not 28 days - and deaths from Covid are because of secondary considerations.

That does not trivialize the virus one bit. Basically if you are healthy you shrug it off. If you are slightly weakened in certain aspects then it can cause serious complications and death.

So with a world population of 8 billion there are probably 200 million who could be put in danger or harms way. Which is why the whole worlds population is hiding away and hoping something other people will do will make it go away.

Now some people feel it's not worth the candle and we should roll the dice, let nature decide who falls and stands. A "you don't miss the end off a sliced loaf" attitude. That's pretty callous but it is a positive decision.

And that's the problem. After a year, we are still having debates over the what, where and how...which is why no one can give a straight answer to the when...
I’d be devastated if there were no more ends to a loaf. That’s the best bit
COYI!!!