Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 12580
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 76
x 496

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:32 pm

If we had the know how expertise knowledge and equipment in 1918 it would not have killed so many...Agreed...now
we do and are,what would this have done in 1918...we all just cracked on with the it's just a Flu....luck of the draw Mantra.
At this moment in time it's the UKs And most of the worlds biggest killer..at it's present rate would kill or be responsible
for killing up to 450,000 of us a year...indirectly fuck knows how many because of other cancelled ops and treatments..etc.
Those are present figures...it may or may not have peaked...I believe it poss has and that figure wont be reached...
BECAUSE of Lockdowns/Masks...Vaccines.............
Don't really think comparisons to 1918 are relevant. Human life was considered less sacrosanct then. After all we had only just finished a war in which countless thousands were sent "over the top" into machine gun fire guaranteeing 95% or so of them would be killed. And healthcare has improved significantly in the 100 years between then and now. People generally are much healthier for many reasons.

It's also nowhere near the biggest killer in the UK. That is still heart disease, closely followed by cancer. Covid is well behind those two charmers. And it won't kill the projected number you say, Why ? Because it has been accepted it kills predominantly the elderly and those with pre existing health issues. You recognise that many have probably died through not having had scheduled operations and that illustrates the quandry that must be facing healthcare professionals every day. Being utterly and cold heartedly practical if I had to make a decision to prolong the life of, say, an 85 year old or to prioritise treatment for a 50 year old who desperately needed it I know what my decision would be. And I imagine decisions like that have to be taken every day by doctors. But if the beds are full of Covid cases what can they do ?
mkhammer wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:32 pmPeople are to politically motivated over this...most of negative stuff is anti Boris and Cabinet....
Take a look on a worldwide scale what happening...
That's inevitable. The government is the government. It would be the same if the other lot were in power. Of course it is the government being criticised, in every country not just here. Governments, not oppositions, make decisions and so when people don't like those decisions it's the government that takes the flak. In any case it's stupid making a political issue out of it because by and large Starmer and his lot have backed the government.
mkhammer wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:32 pmJust a Flu let it crack on......Jesus fuck....
Simply... you don't allow a virus to run it's course thru the population killing off the weak...an unknown virus that has
different strains...our one, According to Doctors and Nurses...on the frontline,is starting to affect the younger more middle
aged population.
As I understand it there is no real evidence that it is affecting the more healthy and robust among us. Of course there will always be the exception that proved the rule and no one will deny there have been deaths in age groups not considered elderly. But I think many people are now beginning to realise that much of the publicity is designed to reinforce the feeling of fear amongst the population because, quite simply, it is that fear that is keeping the masses compliant.

I think we are entitled th demand a little bit more balance , particularly when it comes to statistical data.
Here's one, from the UK government's own published figures. Total cases 3.65 million. Total deaths 97,939. By my mathematics that means around 3.55 MILLION people have had it and got over it. I regard that as positive. But instead of that we get bollocks about how there are many more cases now being diagnosed don't we ? Well that's hardly surprising is it ? FFS if we are now testing a hell of a lot more people isn't it blindingly obvious to anyone with an IQ bigger than their shoe size that , if the tested sample is larger there will be more fucking cases ?

It's the blatant bias and fear mongering in the way it's being reported that pisses me off.
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
BlackDiamond
Posts: 6288
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:46 pm
x 545
x 355

Re: Coronavirus

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:39 pm
mkhammer wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:32 pm

If we had the know how expertise knowledge and equipment in 1918 it would not have killed so many...Agreed...now
we do and are,what would this have done in 1918...we all just cracked on with the it's just a Flu....luck of the draw Mantra.
At this moment in time it's the UKs And most of the worlds biggest killer..at it's present rate would kill or be responsible
for killing up to 450,000 of us a year...indirectly fuck knows how many because of other cancelled ops and treatments..etc.
Those are present figures...it may or may not have peaked...I believe it poss has and that figure wont be reached...
BECAUSE of Lockdowns/Masks...Vaccines.............
Don't really think comparisons to 1918 are relevant. Human life was considered less sacrosanct then. After all we had only just finished a war in which countless thousands were sent "over the top" into machine gun fire guaranteeing 95% or so of them would be killed. And healthcare has improved significantly in the 100 years between then and now. People generally are much healthier for many reasons.

It's also nowhere near the biggest killer in the UK. That is still heart disease, closely followed by cancer. Covid is well behind those two charmers. And it won't kill the projected number you say, Why ? Because it has been accepted it kills predominantly the elderly and those with pre existing health issues. You recognise that many have probably died through not having had scheduled operations and that illustrates the quandry that must be facing healthcare professionals every day. Being utterly and cold heartedly practical if I had to make a decision to prolong the life of, say, an 85 year old or to prioritise treatment for a 50 year old who desperately needed it I know what my decision would be. And I imagine decisions like that have to be taken every day by doctors. But if the beds are full of Covid cases what can they do ?
mkhammer wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:32 pmPeople are to politically motivated over this...most of negative stuff is anti Boris and Cabinet....
Take a look on a worldwide scale what happening...
That's inevitable. The government is the government. It would be the same if the other lot were in power. Of course it is the government being criticised, in every country not just here. Governments, not oppositions, make decisions and so when people don't like those decisions it's the government that takes the flak. In any case it's stupid making a political issue out of it because by and large Starmer and his lot have backed the government.
mkhammer wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:32 pmJust a Flu let it crack on......Jesus fuck....
Simply... you don't allow a virus to run it's course thru the population killing off the weak...an unknown virus that has
different strains...our one, According to Doctors and Nurses...on the frontline,is starting to affect the younger more middle
aged population.
As I understand it there is no real evidence that it is affecting the more healthy and robust among us. Of course there will always be the exception that proved the rule and no one will deny there have been deaths in age groups not considered elderly. But I think many people are now beginning to realise that much of the publicity is designed to reinforce the feeling of fear amongst the population because, quite simply, it is that fear that is keeping the masses compliant.

I think we are entitled th demand a little bit more balance , particularly when it comes to statistical data.
Here's one, from the UK government's own published figures. Total cases 3.65 million. Total deaths 97,939. By my mathematics that means around 3.55 MILLION people have had it and got over it. I regard that as positive. But instead of that we get bollocks about how there are many more cases now being diagnosed don't we ? Well that's hardly surprising is it ? FFS if we are now testing a hell of a lot more people isn't it blindingly obvious to anyone with an IQ bigger than their shoe size that , if the tested sample is larger there will be more fucking cases ?

It's the blatant bias and fear mongering in the way it's being reported that pisses me off.
The 85 yr old you refer to, lets call her "June" receives her vaccination by Feb 15 (probably) then passes peacefully in her bed in April (natural causes)

And June was fortunate she also didn't see dementia on her journey. The Alzheimer's Society report that people with dementia aged 65 and over, are accounting for over 880,000 people in the UK. Not including June.

So what this tells us - the targeted vaccination program, makes as much sense as everything else that has been planned or is going to be planned...

This morning I thought I stepped into a bit sovereignty - but alas, it was just slushy dog-shit...

User avatar
terrya1965
Posts: 6588
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 8:48 pm
x 367
x 380

Re: Coronavirus

Post by terrya1965 »

mkhammer wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:40 am First of all a "TORY" Government "Scaremongering" to bring the UK and it's Economy down...DELIBERATELY.... :lol:
Never heard such crap...C'mon......Why the fuck would they do that...makes no Sense,not even an argument..

Every Single Damaging Virus thats been around us...if we can create a vaccine against it we do...there's thousands...
But this one..the deadliest so far...and there's more to come ..your saying whats the point..
We have inoculations/Vaccines for everything Birth to death...worldwide...Malaria/Typhoid..etc...not just Viruses...
.....Don't bother with Vaccinations....you wont be leaving your houses,for a fucking long time.....

Less Flu around......could it be cos we are walking round with fuckin masks on and are isolating and have been in lockdown
for most of the Bloody year...just a thought...it aint spreading cos we're not passing it around...however Covid still can.
This thing is getting to people before flu does it's much more virulent..

Do you consider where would we be in relation to Cases/Deaths...Hospital intakes etc...without the precautions we have
taken and will continue to take....by the way it's the fit guys and girls among us that are the problem...going out mingling
and passing it on...you can have it and be running a fuckin Marathon...we're not all that Lucky unfortunately.
It's not the ill passing it on...it's people that show no signs of it...THATS THE FUCKIN PROBLEM........

What needs to happen before some of you guys get it...
You'll do ANYTHING to protect them Tories MK. ;)

User avatar
jameskel
Posts: 2105
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 11:22 pm
x 1
x 95

Re: Coronavirus

Post by jameskel »

Voted brexit and tory. However this fucking govnment could not organize a fuck in a brothel. How Hankcock has not resigned, is beyond me, blokes a fucking cunt

The, you can meet at Xmas, was the biggest clanger ever dropped. A plan devised by little boys playing games.

Making it worse, is that they are so fucking inept Piers Morgan is making himself look good. Cunts all of them
Taans can fuck right off

User avatar
Brookbonds73
Posts: 7262
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 2:34 am
x 334
x 505

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Brookbonds73 »

That shitty Patel was like a rabbit in the headlights the other morning with piers tearing her a new one. Fucking dreadful the lot of em.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 6803
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 165
x 322

Re: Coronavirus

Post by mkhammer »

Ironworksfc wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:28 pm
mkhammer wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:42 pm

I never said anything of the sort...cant you fuckin read...someone posted there was a lack of Flu deaths....I put up
some REASONING why that might be...it's poss the weak and vulnerable that might have otherwise had a bout of flu,
might be getting Covid instead as it is the prevalent Virus among us at moment...
Flu been eradicated...where the fuck did that come from.... :lol:

Why do people like you have to resort and start silly name calling and slagging off...

Thought you were better Irons...appears your like the other Twat that was on here for a while...

DONT FUCKIN READ THINGS PROPERLY.............................
I can read

"Less Flu around......could it be cos we are walking round with fuckin masks on and are isolating and have been in lockdown
for most of the Bloody year...just a thought...it aint spreading cos we're not passing it around...however Covid still can.
This thing is getting to people before flu does it's much more virulent.."

Not my fault you're not very bright
FFS sake Cant put it any simpler......wearing masks, social distancing etc will not only limit Covid being passed around ...
other viruses and infections as well....what part of that is failing to sink in ...it's getting embarrassing now..

Are you capable of having a conversation without being abusive.....usually a sign of desperation tbh..
Cos you know I'm not a thick Fucker....

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 6803
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 165
x 322

Re: Coronavirus

Post by mkhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:39 pm
mkhammer wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:32 pm

If we had the know how expertise knowledge and equipment in 1918 it would not have killed so many...Agreed...now
we do and are,what would this have done in 1918...we all just cracked on with the it's just a Flu....luck of the draw Mantra.
At this moment in time it's the UKs And most of the worlds biggest killer..at it's present rate would kill or be responsible
for killing up to 450,000 of us a year...indirectly fuck knows how many because of other cancelled ops and treatments..etc.
Those are present figures...it may or may not have peaked...I believe it poss has and that figure wont be reached...
BECAUSE of Lockdowns/Masks...Vaccines.............
Don't really think comparisons to 1918 are relevant. Human life was considered less sacrosanct then. After all we had only just finished a war in which countless thousands were sent "over the top" into machine gun fire guaranteeing 95% or so of them would be killed. And healthcare has improved significantly in the 100 years between then and now. People generally are much healthier for many reasons.

It's also nowhere near the biggest killer in the UK. That is still heart disease, closely followed by cancer. Covid is well behind those two charmers. And it won't kill the projected number you say, Why ? Because it has been accepted it kills predominantly the elderly and those with pre existing health issues. You recognise that many have probably died through not having had scheduled operations and that illustrates the quandry that must be facing healthcare professionals every day. Being utterly and cold heartedly practical if I had to make a decision to prolong the life of, say, an 85 year old or to prioritise treatment for a 50 year old who desperately needed it I know what my decision would be. And I imagine decisions like that have to be taken every day by doctors. But if the beds are full of Covid cases what can they do ?
mkhammer wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:32 pmPeople are to politically motivated over this...most of negative stuff is anti Boris and Cabinet....
Take a look on a worldwide scale what happening...
That's inevitable. The government is the government. It would be the same if the other lot were in power. Of course it is the government being criticised, in every country not just here. Governments, not oppositions, make decisions and so when people don't like those decisions it's the government that takes the flak. In any case it's stupid making a political issue out of it because by and large Starmer and his lot have backed the government.
mkhammer wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:32 pmJust a Flu let it crack on......Jesus fuck....
Simply... you don't allow a virus to run it's course thru the population killing off the weak...an unknown virus that has
different strains...our one, According to Doctors and Nurses...on the frontline,is starting to affect the younger more middle
aged population.
As I understand it there is no real evidence that it is affecting the more healthy and robust among us. Of course there will always be the exception that proved the rule and no one will deny there have been deaths in age groups not considered elderly. But I think many people are now beginning to realise that much of the publicity is designed to reinforce the feeling of fear amongst the population because, quite simply, it is that fear that is keeping the masses compliant.

I think we are entitled th demand a little bit more balance , particularly when it comes to statistical data.
Here's one, from the UK government's own published figures. Total cases 3.65 million. Total deaths 97,939. By my mathematics that means around 3.55 MILLION people have had it and got over it. I regard that as positive. But instead of that we get bollocks about how there are many more cases now being diagnosed don't we ? Well that's hardly surprising is it ? FFS if we are now testing a hell of a lot more people isn't it blindingly obvious to anyone with an IQ bigger than their shoe size that , if the tested sample is larger there will be more fucking cases ?

It's the blatant bias and fear mongering in the way it's being reported that pisses me off.
I didn't bring the 1918 thing up was a reply to BD....I suggested that if Spanish Flu was the problem now instead of covid
we would take the precautions and do pretty much the same thing we're doing now in preventing it because we have
the Knowledge etc now...and less would have died...

Third time put these figures up...they're out there for everyone......Cancer Kills approx 450 a day...heart decease is
slightly higher...500/600.......Covid is taking for last couple of weeks over 1200....

The Average Age we die in this country is 82....More of us are dying ...Covid stats suggest it's starting to hit harder
on the slightly younger....plenty of 50 year olds in hospital receiving treatment...

Mate a 100,000 EXTRA deaths this year and you refer to it as a Doable Manageable Stat....
I can put Legit Stats up ..which I try not to do ...Stats that like I Say are out out there, independent Stats...that are far worse
that the ones the Official Gov ones...

Can you explain the purpose of the Government Scaremongering...Consequently Slowing the Economy putting people
out of work...creating a myriad of problems,and will prob lead to them being voted out next Election..

You guys are way off with so much.....Surprising to me ...cos you're a clever lot on here....

User avatar
Ironworksfc
Posts: 1510
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 1:03 am
x 25
x 36

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Ironworksfc »

mkhammer wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:19 am
Ironworksfc wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:28 pm

I can read

"Less Flu around......could it be cos we are walking round with fuckin masks on and are isolating and have been in lockdown
for most of the Bloody year...just a thought...it aint spreading cos we're not passing it around...however Covid still can.
This thing is getting to people before flu does it's much more virulent.."

Not my fault you're not very bright
FFS sake Cant put it any simpler......wearing masks, social distancing etc will not only limit Covid being passed around ...
other viruses and infections as well....what part of that is failing to sink in ...it's getting embarrassing now..

Are you capable of having a conversation without being abusive.....usually a sign of desperation tbh..
Cos you know I'm not a thick Fucker....
So masks and social distancing are limiting the spread of covid then?

Or does it only work for influenza?

Simple is definitely showing through here.

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 6803
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 165
x 322

Re: Coronavirus

Post by mkhammer »

Ironworksfc wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:30 am
mkhammer wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:19 am

FFS sake Cant put it any simpler......wearing masks, social distancing etc will not only limit Covid being passed around ...
other viruses and infections as well....what part of that is failing to sink in ...it's getting embarrassing now..

Are you capable of having a conversation without being abusive.....usually a sign of desperation tbh..
Cos you know I'm not a thick Fucker....
So masks and social distancing are limiting the spread of covid then?

Or does it only work for influenza?

Simple is definitely showing through here.
I have no fucking Idea where you're coming from.....WTF do you want me to say...Jesus Christ,you're hard work...

YES>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>WEARING MASKS AND SOCIAL DISTANCING WILL LIMIT THE SPREAD OF COVID AND
OTHER INFECTIOUS DECEASES INCLUDING FLU ....................

Mate why are you like this.....this thing is killing our people...we have to slow it and eventually try and eradicate it..

Simple..Thick ..Idiot....C'mon your better than that...........people start chucking insults when they are fighting a losing
battle......

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 12580
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 76
x 496

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:45 am
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:39 pm

Don't really think comparisons to 1918 are relevant. Human life was considered less sacrosanct then. After all we had only just finished a war in which countless thousands were sent "over the top" into machine gun fire guaranteeing 95% or so of them would be killed. And healthcare has improved significantly in the 100 years between then and now. People generally are much healthier for many reasons.

It's also nowhere near the biggest killer in the UK. That is still heart disease, closely followed by cancer. Covid is well behind those two charmers. And it won't kill the projected number you say, Why ? Because it has been accepted it kills predominantly the elderly and those with pre existing health issues. You recognise that many have probably died through not having had scheduled operations and that illustrates the quandry that must be facing healthcare professionals every day. Being utterly and cold heartedly practical if I had to make a decision to prolong the life of, say, an 85 year old or to prioritise treatment for a 50 year old who desperately needed it I know what my decision would be. And I imagine decisions like that have to be taken every day by doctors. But if the beds are full of Covid cases what can they do ?



That's inevitable. The government is the government. It would be the same if the other lot were in power. Of course it is the government being criticised, in every country not just here. Governments, not oppositions, make decisions and so when people don't like those decisions it's the government that takes the flak. In any case it's stupid making a political issue out of it because by and large Starmer and his lot have backed the government.



As I understand it there is no real evidence that it is affecting the more healthy and robust among us. Of course there will always be the exception that proved the rule and no one will deny there have been deaths in age groups not considered elderly. But I think many people are now beginning to realise that much of the publicity is designed to reinforce the feeling of fear amongst the population because, quite simply, it is that fear that is keeping the masses compliant.

I think we are entitled th demand a little bit more balance , particularly when it comes to statistical data.
Here's one, from the UK government's own published figures. Total cases 3.65 million. Total deaths 97,939. By my mathematics that means around 3.55 MILLION people have had it and got over it. I regard that as positive. But instead of that we get bollocks about how there are many more cases now being diagnosed don't we ? Well that's hardly surprising is it ? FFS if we are now testing a hell of a lot more people isn't it blindingly obvious to anyone with an IQ bigger than their shoe size that , if the tested sample is larger there will be more fucking cases ?

It's the blatant bias and fear mongering in the way it's being reported that pisses me off.
I didn't bring the 1918 thing up was a reply to BD....I suggested that if Spanish Flu was the problem now instead of covid
we would take the precautions and do pretty much the same thing we're doing now in preventing it because we have
the Knowledge etc now...and less would have died...

Third time put these figures up...they're out there for everyone......Cancer Kills approx 450 a day...heart decease is
slightly higher...500/600.......Covid is taking for last couple of weeks over 1200....

The Average Age we die in this country is 82....More of us are dying ...Covid stats suggest it's starting to hit harder
on the slightly younger....plenty of 50 year olds in hospital receiving treatment...

Mate a 100,000 EXTRA deaths this year and you refer to it as a Doable Manageable Stat....
I can put Legit Stats up ..which I try not to do ...Stats that like I Say are out out there, independent Stats...that are far worse
that the ones the Official Gov ones...

Can you explain the purpose of the Government Scaremongering...Consequently Slowing the Economy putting people
out of work...creating a myriad of problems,and will prob lead to them being voted out next Election..

You guys are way off with so much.....Surprising to me ...cos you're a clever lot on here....
Clearly we will never agree. But to quote a figure of 100,000 EXTRA deaths is complete bull. And I suspect you know it. The figures I quoted, showing the numbers who have recovered, are the official ones so I'm sorry you either have to accept them as factual and stop telling us there are "independent stats that are far worse", or accept the fact that these other figures could also be wrong. You can't have it both ways.

Similarly to state Covid is the biggest killer is wrong. Again I am relying on government stats because I am assuming they are probably the most reliable. Heart disease deaths amount to roughly 170,000 every year which is marginally more than cancer, 165,000. And it is worth mentioning those deaths are WHOLLY attributable to either heart disease or cancer which is quite possibly not the case with Covid.

As for the political implications I don't think the public will necessarily vote against the government based on it's handling of the situation. Anyone who listens to or reads the news will realise that, if anything, Starmer would have introduced even more draconian measures. The only person with any sort of political profile who spoke out against lockdowns, certainly in the early stages, was Nigel Farage but he has become quite silent recently. So if people vote based on how Covid measures were handled there is nothing to choose between the parties.

But finally can I ask you this ? Do you not think it is encouraging that so many millions have caught the disease and recovered from it ? Don't you think that is a statistic worth bringing into the public domain occasionally, instead of the daily death figures which we are being fed constantly ? I don't blame the government alone for this because the government can't be held responsible for the media but for heaven's sake let's at least recognise this thing is NOT a death sentence to every man, woman and child who gets it. Yes, it will accelerate the deaths of some people, as will many diseases. Yes, we need to be aware of the basic measures we can take to reduce the risk of becoming infected. But don't you, when you're out walking or going for your daily jog, find it totally depressing that some people are so shit scared of others that they will go to almost any lengths to avoid any form of social interaction ?
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Post Reply