Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
User avatar
JayK
Posts: 7732
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:12 am
Location: Essex
x 1660
x 304

Re: Coronavirus

Post by JayK »

Ironworksfc wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:39 pm
JayK wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:42 pm

Coz that’s exactly what I said wasn’t it 🤦🏻‍♂️
You do realise when you say "maybe" that doesn't actually dissolve you from the fact you believe what you wrote.

Do you actually know that covid comes from the same coronavirus family as the common cold?
It's a super cold which in reality hardly affects the majority of the population, we have a natural immunity to coronavirus's because we get them multiple times a year. that's why such a high percentage of people who've had it or will have it in the future are asymptomatic.

Remember the times when you or someone you know went to the doctors and were sent away having been told that you just have a virul infection?

Yeah I do believe all that should be taken into consideration but I never said “ virtually no hospital/ICU admissions, influenza is cured”
COYI!!!

User avatar
Ironworksfc
Posts: 1510
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 1:03 am
x 25
x 36

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Ironworksfc »

JayK wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:44 pm
Ironworksfc wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:39 pm

You do realise when you say "maybe" that doesn't actually dissolve you from the fact you believe what you wrote.

Do you actually know that covid comes from the same coronavirus family as the common cold?
It's a super cold which in reality hardly affects the majority of the population, we have a natural immunity to coronavirus's because we get them multiple times a year. that's why such a high percentage of people who've had it or will have it in the future are asymptomatic.

Remember the times when you or someone you know went to the doctors and were sent away having been told that you just have a virul infection?

Yeah I do believe all that should be taken into consideration but I never said “ virtually no hospital/ICU admissions, influenza is cured”
Sorry, didn't mean to imply you did.

I said that and I stand by it, there is virtually nobody being emitted into hospital/ICU and dieing from influenza at the point in the year that you would normally be seeing lots.

User avatar
Ironworksfc
Posts: 1510
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 1:03 am
x 25
x 36

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Ironworksfc »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:54 pm
Ironworksfc wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:04 pm

I'd love for you to explain how you got to that conclusion please Billy?

From what I read they are working out who has influenza from a web based model and Google searches. (Pga 29-31)

SARI watch (pages 45 & 49) show next to no hospital or ICU admissions?

Can't see any comparison of uptake on vaccine, other than school children?

And finally page 76 influenza activity remains at interseasonal levels. That means during the peak of the influenza season there hardly is any.
I had another link for the flu vaccine uptake and I forgot to put it up. my error.
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/reco ... ely-to-die
That's just an article saying how many vaccines are going to be offered, absolutely nothing about actual uptake.

I offered a record number of ladies my third leg this year, as more ladies are lonely and isolated this year. ;)

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 12580
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 76
x 496

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:59 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:48 am

Clearly we will never agree. But to quote a figure of 100,000 EXTRA deaths is complete bull. And I suspect you know it. The figures I quoted, showing the numbers who have recovered, are the official ones so I'm sorry you either have to accept them as factual and stop telling us there are "independent stats that are far worse", or accept the fact that these other figures could also be wrong. You can't have it both ways.

Similarly to state Covid is the biggest killer is wrong. Again I am relying on government stats because I am assuming they are probably the most reliable. Heart disease deaths amount to roughly 170,000 every year which is marginally more than cancer, 165,000. And it is worth mentioning those deaths are WHOLLY attributable to either heart disease or cancer which is quite possibly not the case with Covid.

As for the political implications I don't think the public will necessarily vote against the government based on it's handling of the situation. Anyone who listens to or reads the news will realise that, if anything, Starmer would have introduced even more draconian measures. The only person with any sort of political profile who spoke out against lockdowns, certainly in the early stages, was Nigel Farage but he has become quite silent recently. So if people vote based on how Covid measures were handled there is nothing to choose between the parties.

But finally can I ask you this ? Do you not think it is encouraging that so many millions have caught the disease and recovered from it ? Don't you think that is a statistic worth bringing into the public domain occasionally, instead of the daily death figures which we are being fed constantly ? I don't blame the government alone for this because the government can't be held responsible for the media but for heaven's sake let's at least recognise this thing is NOT a death sentence to every man, woman and child who gets it. Yes, it will accelerate the deaths of some people, as will many diseases. Yes, we need to be aware of the basic measures we can take to reduce the risk of becoming infected. But don't you, when you're out walking or going for your daily jog, find it totally depressing that some people are so shit scared of others that they will go to almost any lengths to avoid any form of social interaction ?
Bingo !

Love yer last paragraph.... so true
I wonder if our resident prophet of doom will answer the questions asked? :(
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
Newmarket
Posts: 13642
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 10:03 pm
x 419
x 514

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:35 pm
Newmarket wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:59 am

Bingo !

Love yer last paragraph.... so true
I wonder if our resident prophet of doom will answer the questions asked? :(
The majority may be described in that manner .

If indeed it has got to the point that it’s now regarded as the modern day Black Death then the general public only have their own selfishness to blame.

I take it you wear a face mask and take hygiene precautions?
That itself is proof that you don’t want to either catch it nor spread it but this world is full of Cunts that obviously don’t give a fuck which is why the scaremongering has appeared .... to MAKE people care.

I don’t think MK and people like him are prophets of doom but I reckon they really do believe what they read and hear from media & government .

My take is when have politicians and professionals employed by them started telling the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth ?

My own opinion is that all these death toll figures are of deaths accelerated by covid 19 rather that actual cause of death ie WITH Covid rather than OF.

I’m probably wrong but it’s what I believe .

In truth this whole business hasn’t really affected me and mine at all really except for the inconvenience of having to queue up outside supermarkets during first lockdown and having my specs steam up due to face masks.

My family and I have always kept ourselves to ourselves in our own bubble anyway and I’ve been fortunate enough to work all the way through it .

I don’t deny people are dying but , like you , detest the seemingly deliberate lack of positivity ie how many recoveries etc.
Bring back Jonathon !

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 12580
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 76
x 496

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:14 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:35 pm

I wonder if our resident prophet of doom will answer the questions asked? :(
The majority may be described in that manner .

If indeed it has got to the point that it’s now regarded as the modern day Black Death then the general public only have their own selfishness to blame.

I take it you wear a face mask and take hygiene precautions?
That itself is proof that you don’t want to either catch it nor spread it but this world is full of Cunts that obviously don’t give a fuck which is why the scaremongering has appeared .... to MAKE people care.

I don’t think MK and people like him are prophets of doom but I reckon they really do believe what they read and hear from media & government .

My take is when have politicians and professionals employed by them started telling the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth ?

My own opinion is that all these death toll figures are of deaths accelerated by covid 19 rather that actual cause of death ie WITH Covid rather than OF.

I’m probably wrong but it’s what I believe .

In truth this whole business hasn’t really affected me and mine at all really except for the inconvenience of having to queue up outside supermarkets during first lockdown and having my specs steam up due to face masks.

My family and I have always kept ourselves to ourselves in our own bubble anyway and I’ve been fortunate enough to work all the way through it .

I don’t deny people are dying but , like you , detest the seemingly deliberate lack of positivity ie how many recoveries etc.
goodpost:)

If you’re probably wrong so am I. In fact I’m in total agreement with everything you’ve written here ..Except we avoid any supermarket queuing by going to Tescos around 8.30 in the morning. Straight in and straight out.
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 6803
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 165
x 322

Re: Coronavirus

Post by mkhammer »

First thing the ..I'll call you sceptics ...the Scam Virus ...it's just a Flu...the so what if a few extra old fuckers die lot..etc..
you are very much in a very small minority...99% of us get it and can see what it's doing to us and how serious it is...
Said before on here it's the Minorities that shout and scream the loudest to get heard.

I assume you are quite Isolated and have no first hand Knowledge of it...don't bother to try and work Stats out...World wide
Stats...certainly aren't in communication with any front line staff...Nurses/Carers etc,doubt you pay much attention to
the News...and Listen to peoples Stories,that have lost Mothers/Fathers,Sisters/Brothers,Friends....
I am and Do..............

If you wanna call me a prophet of Doom /Scaremonger and all the other shit....can assure you water of a ducks back...
Always know I've won an Argument/Discussion...when the childish comments come out.....
To Me this is not even anywhere close to an Argument...it's a few guys not seeing something clearly..
I get disagreeing with Strategies etc....but to deny whats happening...and to say it's being "Bigged Up" out of proportion
is I'm Afraid Nonsensical and a terrible insult to those that have died and are suffering.

I have answers and reasonings to your comments...but I put them up and they are ignored or not taken on board
in your replies...for what ever reasons....

If I have to explain what a face mask does again....... :lol:

User avatar
BlackDiamond
Posts: 6288
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:46 pm
x 545
x 355

Re: Coronavirus

Post by BlackDiamond »

Sometime in May is now being touted as the possible month to emerge from lockdown. It's not yet a forecast it's more a projection, if certain things go the way they desire.

An eminent member of SAGE has helpfully speculated of a further 50K deaths to come. Whether that was just optics for the media to boost his own profile or a shared Scientific calculation is lost in all the noise.

The great leader is understandably cautious as not everything is easy to interpret. And he does like easy.

What is causing the biggest issue, is whether the vaccination blocks transmission of the virus. This is absolutely vital to all future planning.
Scientists understand how the virus works, replicates and transmits, however they have not yet declared whether a vaccinated host can transmit the virus to an unvaccinated one.

I suspect the great issue come down to the "how much transmissibility" is deemed acceptable. And that will be numbers, percentages. Maybe 10% transmissibility will be accepted.

Which all comes down to core fundamentals. How many deaths per day, hospitalised patients, is a society willing to accept in order to get the lovely pubs open and people back watching football.

And there is a number. For instance 5 deaths a day and 50 people in hospital would be considered a shame but business as normal.

So the whole enterprise, endeavour, struggle is only and has ever been only, a valuation about metrics. Or when is a number too big ?

User avatar
Ironworksfc
Posts: 1510
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 1:03 am
x 25
x 36

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Ironworksfc »

mkhammer wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:30 pm First thing the ..I'll call you sceptics ...the Scam Virus ...it's just a Flu...the so what if a few extra old fuckers die lot..etc..
you are very much in a very small minority...99% of us get it and can see what it's doing to us and how serious it is...
Said before on here it's the Minorities that shout and scream the loudest to get heard.

I assume you are quite Isolated and have no first hand Knowledge of it...don't bother to try and work Stats out...World wide
Stats...certainly aren't in communication with any front line staff...Nurses/Carers etc,doubt you pay much attention to
the News...and Listen to peoples Stories,that have lost Mothers/Fathers,Sisters/Brothers,Friends....
I am and Do..............

If you wanna call me a prophet of Doom /Scaremonger and all the other shit....can assure you water of a ducks back...
Always know I've won an Argument/Discussion...when the childish comments come out.....
To Me this is not even anywhere close to an Argument...it's a few guys not seeing something clearly..
I get disagreeing with Strategies etc....but to deny whats happening...and to say it's being "Bigged Up" out of proportion
is I'm Afraid Nonsensical and a terrible insult to those that have died and are suffering.

I have answers and reasonings to your comments...but I put them up and they are ignored or not taken on board
in your replies...for what ever reasons....

If I have to explain what a face mask does again....... :lol:
Please do explain what a face mask does again, especially the government homemade designed ones.

Please explain how they stop virus molecules from passing through, I'm really interested.

User avatar
Ironworksfc
Posts: 1510
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 1:03 am
x 25
x 36

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Ironworksfc »

BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:18 pm Sometime in May is now being touted as the possible month to emerge from lockdown. It's not yet a forecast it's more a projection, if certain things go the way they desire.

An eminent member of SAGE has helpfully speculated of a further 50K deaths to come. Whether that was just optics for the media to boost his own profile or a shared Scientific calculation is lost in all the noise.

The great leader is understandably cautious as not everything is easy to interpret. And he does like easy.

What is causing the biggest issue, is whether the vaccination blocks transmission of the virus. This is absolutely vital to all future planning.
Scientists understand how the virus works, replicates and transmits, however they have not yet declared whether a vaccinated host can transmit the virus to an unvaccinated one.

I suspect the great issue come down to the "how much transmissibility" is deemed acceptable. And that will be numbers, percentages. Maybe 10% transmissibility will be accepted.

Which all comes down to core fundamentals. How many deaths per day, hospitalised patients, is a society willing to accept in order to get the lovely pubs open and people back watching football.

And there is a number. For instance 5 deaths a day and 50 people in hospital would be considered a shame but business as normal.

So the whole enterprise, endeavour, struggle is only and has ever been only, a valuation about metrics. Or when is a number too big ?
It's not even a vaccine by definition BD

It won't stop transmission as it's not designed to do so

Post Reply