Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
mkhammer

Re: Coronavirus

Post by mkhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:05 am
mkhammer wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:55 am Trump now in hospital...not good news...No way is it a Hoax..to far even for him... :lol:
But all political gain where poss will be made...Biden taken down any Anti Trump stuff....Playing the Mr Nice guy Card....
Don't trust him any more than the Donald TBH...
Trumpies Advisors will be Dreaming something up...The miraculous recovery thing.. comes back from the Brink to fight back..
Just needs to borrow some of Rambos Fatigues...and off he goes..... :lol:

All Betting Suspended on outcome....weird....
Absolutely no reason to suspect it's a hoax but actually disagree about it being bad news. Purely for this reason. Trump has been consistently bullish whilst most of the world has been hiding in darkened corners because of the "project fear" tactics being used by most of the world's governments;

Hopefully Trump, and the first lady, will make a speedy and full recovery. When he does so I hope, and expect, he will announce to the world that he is back to full working order and ready to resume his role. A statement which may encourage other so called leaders to grow some testicles and start emphasising the positives and banging the message home that this thing is not a death sentence for the massive majority.
Only thing I will say on your Stance on this Whisky...that I do get to a Degree..it's something that maybe just maybe won't
disappear and potentially we may have to live with it..like we do flu...etc...we can't lockdown indefinitely,result would
be worse than the thing itself..

But it is a New thing to us and it does kill people..however small a percentage..which I reckon is now closer to 2 mill than 1..
Said before think our reported deaths are closer to the real stats and levels, and ours are prob 20/30% higher than they should be
because of the way we report it..is how I come up with the 2 Mill Figure....
It's the unknown about it..even now looks like different strains of it are Knocking around...might explain the descrepancies
in death rates....
Also the west and first world countries may eventually in some way contain it,but can the third world poorer countries
do so.

Was very much of the same opinion as you at start...but 9 months on and still hasn't peaked yet...bit more wary of it now..

Have a shit load of questions on it tho...ones that maybe can't be answered by any "Experts" ....at the moment..

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:11 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:05 am

Absolutely no reason to suspect it's a hoax but actually disagree about it being bad news. Purely for this reason. Trump has been consistently bullish whilst most of the world has been hiding in darkened corners because of the "project fear" tactics being used by most of the world's governments;

Hopefully Trump, and the first lady, will make a speedy and full recovery. When he does so I hope, and expect, he will announce to the world that he is back to full working order and ready to resume his role. A statement which may encourage other so called leaders to grow some testicles and start emphasising the positives and banging the message home that this thing is not a death sentence for the massive majority.
Only thing I will say on your Stance on this Whisky...that I do get to a Degree..it's something that maybe just maybe won't
disappear and potentially we may have to live with it..like we do flu...etc...we can't lockdown indefinitely,result would

But it is a New thing to us and it does kill people..however small a percentage..which I reckon is now closer to 2 mill than 1..
Said before think our reported deaths are closer to the real stats and levels, and ours are prob 20/30% higher than they should be
It's the unknown about it..even now looks like different strains of it are Knocking around...might explain the descrepancies
in death rates....
Also the west and first world countries may eventually in some way contain it,but can the third world poorer countries
do so.

Was very much of the same opinion as you at start...but 9 months on and still hasn't peaked yet...bit more wary of it now..

Have a shit load of questions on it tho...ones that maybe can't be answered by any "Experts" ....at the moment..
Of course there are still questions, always will be. Not sure about the death stats either tbh. But personally I’d take the opposite view to you. I’m inclined to think the true deaths figure is probably less.

I agree with you that we are going to have to learn to live with it because until there is an actual cure it’s going to stay with us. And of course third world countries are going to be hit worse by it just as they are with any other disease.

But coming back to the original point I hope Trump makes a speedy recovery and uses his high profile to accentuate the positives. Apparently he is very upset with one of his White House staff for making the comment his condition was causing concern. I don’t see Trump disappearing for two weeks in the same way that Johnson did when he allegedly caught it early on.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:01 pm
h69 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:22 pm

Not this again. First Johnson supposedly faked it and not Trump is supposed to.....what nonsense.

The fact that Trump has been an outspoken advocate for not wearing a mask means faking catching the disease wont help him at all.
Yeah, you're probably right. It's not as if Trump would ever lie to garner sympathy or to disrupt an upcoming election in a way advantageous to himself.

As for Boris, I do believe he caught Covid - His (yet another) U turn on herd immunity kinda points in that direction. He's still a complete and utter fuck up though.
Whether or not you like them or not, they both caught it but I doubt it will make a difference to the election. That will be decided based on whether Biden ever comes up with any concrete policies or whether he is just there to slag off his opponent.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

If the Trump/Biden rallies are anything to go by
Biden’s in for a fucking hiding.

Parry Hotter

Post by Parry Hotter »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:24 pm
mkhammer wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:11 am

in death rates....
do so.

Of course there are still questions, always will be. Not sure about the death stats either tbh. But personally I’d take the opposite view to you. I’m inclined to think the true deaths figure is probably less.

I agree with you that we are going to have to learn to live with it because until there is an actual cure it’s going to stay with us. And of course third world countries are going to be hit worse by it just as they are with any other disease.

But coming back to the original point I hope Trump makes a speedy recovery and uses his high profile to accentuate the positives. Apparently he is very upset with one of his White House staff for making the comment his condition was causing concern. I don’t see Trump disappearing for two weeks in the same way that Johnson did when he allegedly caught it early on.
Aint posted here lately because got pissed off with all the moaning but I make whiskey right on this and Trump has come out fighting. Too many fuckers in this country hiding behind there silly fucking masks and scaring themselves shitless. People are watching live sport in loads of other places so why not here, I live in Ockendon and Im fucking pissed off seeing all the cunts in masks and going out of their way to not speak to any other cunt, Like peole say GET SOME FUCKING BOLLOCKS. Trumps said the right thing dont be afraid of this fucker it aint gonna kill you.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Parry Hotter wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:58 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:24 pm

Aint posted here lately because got pissed off with all the moaning but I make whiskey right on this and Trump has come out fighting. Too many fuckers in this country hiding behind there silly fucking masks and scaring themselves shitless. People are watching live sport in loads of other places so why not here, I live in Ockendon and Im fucking pissed off seeing all the cunts in masks and going out of their way to not speak to any other cunt, Like peole say GET SOME FUCKING BOLLOCKS. Trumps said the right thing dont be afraid of this fucker it aint gonna kill you.
Imo Trump's saying the right things. Hopefully Rishi Sunak, the most senior minister apparently against further lockdowns, will gather support in the cabinet and encourage the mamby pamby nannies, Johnson and his lapdog Hancock, to follow the example of the U S President.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

So after being horrendously complicit in pushing the fear messaging it looks like the complete u-turn is starting with the press

https://m.thepaperboy.com/uk/daily-mail ... -today.cfm

Is it too late now though.
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

I Hate all these restrictions as much as anyone..really fucked my life up at moment...lots of different ways,
like it has everyone..and I'm probably luckier than most,a lot luckier..

But if people honestly believe that we should just " Crack on" like nothings happening and treat it like a Cold or
Flu...you are very much mistaken...

You Need to take a look at the Worldwide Stats...10 Months in and it's still on the rise...Cases are going up weekly..
Different Strains are appearing ..hence the different Death rates around the world maybe...
People,lots of people are still feeling the effects 6 months after getting rid of it,it's affecting internal organs..it aint
a common cold or flu...in areas of the world it is killing more than flu...killed more in the States in 9 months,than
the last 5 Flu seasons...the rates we are beginning to approach here again will kill more than Flu.
Now the 3rd highest reason for worldwide deaths from a disease and rising.

Plainly and simply...it's passed on by human contact ...directly or indirectly ...leaving something on a not washed
properly glass in a pub...i.e.....a door handle...
So Logically we cut back on human contact...however that may be and entail..

We have to be careful with this shit of a thing...I fuckin hate it with a passion...but we have to learn to live differently
till there's at least a 6 month trend of downturn in affections...not just here ..across the globe..

I'm no where near a doom monger a fatalist..no where near...but I am a Realist..

And the Government Blame Game Shit...this is the very very last thing that they'd want to do...to totally screw up an Economy
with Public sanctions...goes against everything they stand for,and has set them back years in want they wanted to achieve.

It's being done cause it's a necessity ...at the moment...finding a Balance between what's best for the Economy and
our Health long Term to our Safety Short Term is almost impossible if at all..

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

mkhammer wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:27 am I Hate all these restrictions as much as anyone..really fucked my life up at moment...lots of different ways,
like it has everyone..and I'm probably luckier than most,a lot luckier..

But if people honestly believe that we should just " Crack on" like nothings happening and treat it like a Cold or
Flu...you are very much mistaken...

You Need to take a look at the Worldwide Stats...10 Months in and it's still on the rise...Cases are going up weekly..
Different Strains are appearing ..hence the different Death rates around the world maybe...
People,lots of people are still feeling the effects 6 months after getting rid of it,it's affecting internal organs..it aint
a common cold or flu...in areas of the world it is killing more than flu...killed more in the States in 9 months,than
the last 5 Flu seasons...the rates we are beginning to approach here again will kill more than Flu.
Now the 3rd highest reason for worldwide deaths from a disease and rising.

Plainly and simply...it's passed on by human contact ...directly or indirectly ...leaving something on a not washed
properly glass in a pub...i.e.....a door handle...
So Logically we cut back on human contact...however that may be and entail..

We have to be careful with this shit of a thing...I fuckin hate it with a passion...but we have to learn to live differently
till there's at least a 6 month trend of downturn in affections...not just here ..across the globe..

I'm no where near a doom monger a fatalist..no where near...but I am a Realist..

And the Government Blame Game Shit...this is the very very last thing that they'd want to do...to totally screw up an Economy
with Public sanctions...goes against everything they stand for,and has set them back years in want they wanted to achieve.

It's being done cause it's a necessity ...at the moment...finding a Balance between what's best for the Economy and
our Health long Term to our Safety Short Term is almost impossible if at all..
In a nutshell yes we should. Thought the lockdown was a completely fucking pointless activity when it started, still think the same now.

Sweden without throwing the elderly and inferm under the bus is what should of been done. Enough was known that the virus pretty much only killed the old and inferm before we got anywhere near lockdown and yet panic ensued.

You can't hide from a bloody virus or test and trace it into obscurity.
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

palerider

Post by palerider »

So Boris is pissing off the very voters that won him the election.

In the north, the 'Red Wall'.

The oiks who are causing the increased spread up there, the youth and the ethnics, wouldn't have voted for him anyway but his blanket restrictions from Monday cover all those who did.

Is he some sort of fucking idiot ?