Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Ironworksfc

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Ironworksfc »

mkhammer wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:28 pm
Ironworksfc wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:16 pm

What gets me is that seemingly intelligent people still believe wearing a mask actually stops the spread of virus and lockdowns are actually beneficial in "stopping" a live virus. I you think the wonder vaccine is going to fix this, I think you will be disappointed.

It definitely isn't stopping anytime soon.
You're prob right mate it won't stop it,it helps keeping in under control tho....like you would anything that can be passed
around...from a cold to the flu,you take precautions...thing is we know about all the other stuff,been around for a while..
And they do affect people at different levels,but you pretty much know what your in for...this thing we don't,if it was
just Flu like symptoms for everyone that gets it,could understand your take better...
But this is so variable,to not touching some to killing others in different ways ..it's the unknown of it, is the fucker to us.

Sorry didn't reply to your other post...(Like all of us busy as fuck at moment).yeah TBH did disagree with most of it mate...
But Opinions and all that we're all entitled ....

The China thing....No Idea what to make of it....how can the epicentre of it be completely clear of it now...tho believe
they are having some warning signs again...

But And a Big But............Does that prove the Masks and Extreme Lockdowns work......Fuckin Enigma China.
No need to apologise MK, strange times.

Interestingly covid appears to have cured influenza, not sure how that's happened unless deaths from other illnesses are being blamed on covid??

Regarding masks, If you take Spain as an example, they have mandated the wearing of masks as soon as you step out of your house since the beginning of July, I know this is the case as I spent a week there in July and deal with a Spanish supplier daily. If masks actually worked, the spread of the virus would not be increasing.

I also struggle with the unknown factor, covid is from the same family as the common cold, this country deals with respiratory illnesses every year and it hardly touches anyone who isn't old or inferm, unlike certain strains of influenza.

Basically my take is the reaction far outweighs the risk and the measures imposed will have a far greater impact than the deaths caused by the virus itself.

China didn't eradicate the virus, that's impossible, Spanish flu is still a live variant of influenza today, it's just the large majority have built up an immunity. They played the western world and are waiting in the wings to clear up, when all the economies are dead and buried.
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Ironworksfc wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:42 pm
mkhammer wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:28 pm

You're prob right mate it won't stop it,it helps keeping in under control tho....like you would anything that can be passed
around...from a cold to the flu,you take precautions...thing is we know about all the other stuff,been around for a while..
And they do affect people at different levels,but you pretty much know what your in for...this thing we don't,if it was
just Flu like symptoms for everyone that gets it,could understand your take better...
But this is so variable,to not touching some to killing others in different ways ..it's the unknown of it, is the fucker to us.

Sorry didn't reply to your other post...(Like all of us busy as fuck at moment).yeah TBH did disagree with most of it mate...
But Opinions and all that we're all entitled ....

The China thing....No Idea what to make of it....how can the epicentre of it be completely clear of it now...tho believe
they are having some warning signs again...

But And a Big But............Does that prove the Masks and Extreme Lockdowns work......Fuckin Enigma China.

Interestingly covid appears to have cured influenza, not sure how that's happened unless deaths from other illnesses are being blamed on covid??

Regarding masks, If you take Spain as an example, they have mandated the wearing of masks as soon as you step out of your house since the beginning of July, I know this is the case as I spent a week there in July and deal with a Spanish supplier daily. If masks actually worked, the spread of the virus would not be increasing.

I also struggle with the unknown factor, covid is from the same family as the common cold, this country deals with respiratory illnesses every year and it hardly touches anyone who isn't old or inferm, unlike certain strains of influenza.

Basically my take is the reaction far outweighs the risk and the measures imposed will have a far greater impact than the deaths caused by the virus itself.

China didn't eradicate the virus, that's impossible, Spanish flu is still a live variant of influenza today, it's just the large majority have built up an immunity. They played the western world and are waiting in the wings to clear up, when all the economies are dead and buried.
Some very good valid points mate...yeah,maybe Covid is getting to people first that otherwise would have had a bout of
Flu..
Was Me on here early days of this..when we questioned death rate...that said our recorded deaths were higher than some
countries cos of the way we logged them.....think I said you could be run over by a bus,but if you had tested positive for
covid at any time...that would be mentioned on the death certificate,still can happen but has a 14 day thing now.
But don't think that was done for any Scaremongering angle....just a way of keeping tabs on it,from a Government
Point of view ..which is why I defended them in that..it does them no favours to have a higher death rate recorded than
it actual was...if anything you'd play it down.

I've actually started to think, is it somehow moving among us more thru touch that air particles......only place we really mix
now is Supermarkets...we're all always picking stuff up and putting it back,shared shopping trolleys..etc.
My Local Asda where we go.....used to have to queue up,would limit Numbers ,,now just walk straight in,is as busy as a
normal day now.
So maybe the hand washing is as important as the masks and the 2 Metre thing.

From what I've gathered...Viruses constantly mutate and change.....even the Flu we have each year is slightly different
to the previous years...and the Flu Jab thats given is updated each "Season".

It's finding the Balance mate...we do have to do something....what situation would we be in now,with no precautions,
Lockdowns/Tiers.....Masks,distancing....it's not up for argument ,we'd be worse off...and the Economy would crash
worse as a reflection of that,but it's a must we still keep things moving a much as poss.

China has the lowest levels of it in the world now......thats one for the conspiracy theorists.... :lol:

The Answer to all this mate is................................There isn't one....
We don't somehow someway get rid of it,this is our lives for the foreseeable future...But 100% we will...in this Country
anyway...other parts of world I'm not so sure...thats where the Vaccines are imperative.

JayK

Post by JayK »

mkhammer wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:11 am
Ironworksfc wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:42 pm

Some very good valid points mate...yeah,maybe Covid is getting to people first that otherwise would have had a bout of
Flu..
Was Me on here early days of this..when we questioned death rate...that said our recorded deaths were higher than some
countries cos of the way we logged them.....think I said you could be run over by a bus,but if you had tested positive for
covid at any time...that would be mentioned on the death certificate,still can happen but has a 14 day thing now.
But don't think that was done for any Scaremongering angle....just a way of keeping tabs on it,from a Government
Point of view ..which is why I defended them in that..it does them no favours to have a higher death rate recorded than
it actual was...if anything you'd play it down.

I've actually started to think, is it somehow moving among us more thru touch that air particles......only place we really mix
now is Supermarkets...we're all always picking stuff up and putting it back,shared shopping trolleys..etc.
My Local Asda where we go.....used to have to queue up,would limit Numbers ,,now just walk straight in,is as busy as a
normal day now.
So maybe the hand washing is as important as the masks and the 2 Metre thing.

From what I've gathered...Viruses constantly mutate and change.....even the Flu we have each year is slightly different
to the previous years...and the Flu Jab thats given is updated each "Season".

It's finding the Balance mate...we do have to do something....what situation would we be in now,with no precautions,
Lockdowns/Tiers.....Masks,distancing....it's not up for argument ,we'd be worse off...and the Economy would crash
worse as a reflection of that,but it's a must we still keep things moving a much as poss.

China has the lowest levels of it in the world now......thats one for the conspiracy theorists.... :lol:

The Answer to all this mate is................................There isn't one....
We don't somehow someway get rid of it,this is our lives for the foreseeable future...But 100% we will...in this Country
anyway...other parts of world I'm not so sure...thats where the Vaccines are imperative.
It’s both MK. It can sit on plastic and cardboard for 3-5 days. That’s why it’s good to sanitise your hands and trolley/basket before going in the supermarket and disinfecting the shopping packets when home before putting away. Every little helps an all that
COYI!!!

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

I believe some people are letting their guard down regarding sanitising etc however there are loads of filthy cunts that haven’t a fucking clue regarding personal hygiene let alone keeping themselves sanitised during shopping trips.

Thick ,lazy , couldn’t give a fuck or all three ?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

The PM said "Nowhere near looking at raising restrictions" today in a Zoom info-podcast.

Whereas the reality as explained by the Covid recovery group chair, Mark Harper, has set 8 March as a deadline for starting to reopen some aspects of the economy. What does that mean ? Basically large portions of the Country could be moved into Tier 2.

With the Vaccination program meandering along like a drunk toddler, perhaps we can get into Tier 1 by June.

The clever SAGE peeps will probably inform why none of this is a good idea and people should stay under their beds until 2022.

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:46 pm I believe some people are letting their guard down regarding sanitising etc however there are loads of filthy cunts that haven’t a fucking clue regarding personal hygiene let alone keeping themselves sanitised during shopping trips.

I shower everyday, sometimes more if I've worked up a sweat. I have not used one single drop off hand sanitiser this whole time as my skin reacts very badly, it's like pouring battery acid on my hands. Don't tar everyone with the same brush.
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Ironworksfc wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:06 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:46 pm I believe some people are letting their guard down regarding sanitising etc however there are loads of filthy cunts that haven’t a fucking clue regarding personal hygiene let alone keeping themselves sanitised during shopping trips.

I shower everyday, sometimes more if I've worked up a sweat. I have not used one single drop off hand sanitiser this whole time as my skin reacts very badly, it's like pouring battery acid on my hands. Don't tar everyone with the same brush.
The problem with hand-sanitizer is that it's just perfumed liquid/gel that pushes germs around on your skin. Soap and water is the answer but it involves effort to go and find it.

Companies realise the average person is so lazy and leave dispensers at their entrances even though no good is being achieved. It's always more important to be seen doing the right thing than actually do the right thing.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Can definitely agree with you there Dwayne. I was in Tesco’s several months ago and had to go and take a leak. While I was washing my hands after finishing an old boy who was about 70 I would guess came out of one of the traps and walked straight out back into the store. Quite apart from Covid that was fucking stomach churning.

Cunts like that senile old fucker should be used as dog food imo.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Ironworksfc wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:06 pm

Shouldn’t that be loofah ?
Hope I sit next to you when on the tube instead of the rancid fuckers of norm.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:36 am

Can definitely agree with you there Dwayne. I was in Tesco’s several months ago and had to go and take a leak. While I was washing my hands after finishing an old boy who was about 70 I would guess came out of one of the traps and walked straight out back into the store. Quite apart from Covid that was fucking stomach churning.

Cunts like that senile old fucker should be used as dog food imo.
Yuk,Some people do have an aversion to soap.

A while back did see a chap breathing and spit and polishing some rather large red peppers to place in bucket on his outside stall at a shop in Plaistow ,nice for the unsuspecting customers .
Although some Newham residents do seem to be getting the message
They now flob in the gutters instead of pavements so we do have to be thankful for our Downing Street team briefings .