Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
mkhammer

Re: Coronavirus

Post by mkhammer »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:21 pm
mkhammer wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:49 am Record day for cases and deaths yesterday,pretty much everywhere...really getting a shift on in the Germany/Poland
area....
We dont really get enough info on it ..is that on the Border districts,which makes it localised to a degree or just a coincidence
as it's right across..indiscriminately..
60,000 new cases in France..for some reason we seem to be tracking 10/14 days behind them,and most of Europe
Italy,Spain etc

600,000 Cases..just short of 10,000 deaths...steady increases every day...obviously no where near peaking yet,here,or
worldwide...

And our Owners want the best part of 200,000/250,000 people moving around every week end to watch a footie match...

When will people get...it's not Arenas/Stadiums, the events themselves are the problem..it's the movement of people,
from one area to another,and the people they have and make contact with on the journey to an event.
Well that's easily remedied.
Lift the lockdown which is ruining the livelihoods of a lot of people that aren't dying from this virus ....and temporarily forbid the use of motor vehicle s and public transport.

Job done.
This sucks for me..but...if there was a way of keeping it Local fans only,something might be doable there...
Funny thing is the Lockdown might actually help it,cos there'd be no one else travelling.

Our Stadium is prob best around for separation stuff as well...

But TBH mate..I just want this thing fucked off ASAP....and believe as crap as it is..we gotta do this...and there is a lot more
things I'd look at opening up and giving freedom of movement to before Footie..

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Some official (government) figures.

90% of deaths of people with Covid (not necessarily because of it) are over 65.. Isn't this the age group that normally shows the greatest percentage of deaths under so called normal conditions ?

The average age of people reported to have died from Covid is over 80. Excuse my cynicism but isn't this age group likely to show the greatest percentage of deaths in normal situations ?

People from so called "deprived backgrounds" and ethnic minorities are "dying in greater numbers". Again, surely a "no shit Sherlock" situation. People from "deprived backgrounds" are more likely to succumb to any disease because of various other factors aren't they ?

I wonder if the government will have the cojones to release figures, I'm sure they exist, of people whose lives have been regally fucked up by depriving them of their livelihoods by closing down businesses on a fucking whim.

Of course there are always exceptions that prove the rule. Apparently six children under 14 have died in the UK with Covid. Any child's death is a tragedy of course but, sadly, children do die from time to time for a number of reasons. No doubt some of the "few hundred" (again the governments own figures) of deaths among the under 45 age group involved people in reasonable health. An absolute tragedy for the families involved but a tragedy that has to be measured against the economic hardship forced on millions because of what many are now seeing as a draconian over reaction to this disease.

And we don't yet know the number of people who have suffered, or even died, because they have had operations or treatment delayed because of the number of Covid related cases taking up hospital beds.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:51 pm Some official (government) figures.

90% of deaths of people with Covid (not necessarily because of it) are over 65.. Isn't this the age group that normally shows the greatest percentage of deaths under so called normal conditions ?

The average age of people reported to have died from Covid is over 80. Excuse my cynicism but isn't this age group likely to show the greatest percentage of deaths in normal situations ?

People from so called "deprived backgrounds" and ethnic minorities are "dying in greater numbers". Again, surely a "no shit Sherlock" situation. People from "deprived backgrounds" are more likely to succumb to any disease because of various other factors aren't they ?

I wonder if the government will have the cojones to release figures, I'm sure they exist, of people whose lives have been regally fucked up by depriving them of their livelihoods by closing down businesses on a fucking whim.

Of course there are always exceptions that prove the rule. Apparently six children under 14 have died in the UK with Covid. Any child's death is a tragedy of course but, sadly, children do die from time to time for a number of reasons. No doubt some of the "few hundred" (again the governments own figures) of deaths among the under 45 age group involved people in reasonable health. An absolute tragedy for the families involved but a tragedy that has to be measured against the economic hardship forced on millions because of what many are now seeing as a draconian over reaction to this disease.

And we don't yet know the number of people who have suffered, or even died, because they have had operations or treatment delayed because of the number of Covid related cases taking up hospital beds.
The number of deaths registered was 10.1% above the last five-year average. Therefore if we subtract the covid percentage then the affect of "handling" the crises is the remainder.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:51 pm Some official (government) figures.

I actually think Covid 19/Lockdown has caused more health problems than any other illnesses in the last 50/60 years. etc Mental illness,(caused by lockdown,people losing or fearing losing their jobs),lack of exercise.Then there is trying to get an appointment because you are ill..People just aren't bothering like they would before.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Couldn't agree more with the excess deaths thing...we must do all we can to beat this...but no way whatsoever at the
expense of others...No Way..IMO we should be keeping all Covid Cases in one area....the Nightingales,even if that means
moving someone a 100 miles from their home,and let Local Hospitals run as near to Norm as poss.....BUT.......

If your in a war say...fighting on different fronts..as happens,the Enemy are breaking thru in a strategic point,allowing
them to hit one of your big cities..potentially 1000s more deaths,than your already getting...what do you do..
Move troops away to protect the 1000s and let the remaining troops in that area fight it out, out numbered,maybe
sacrificing a few hundred....Or do nothing and let the City be overwhelmed..it's a tough call,but logic only takes
you one way in your decision.

Sorry if poor analogy ,but what trying to get at is....if we let this thing..at this moment in time,run loose,we just don't
know the outcome...cos the way it's going,it will become the biggest killer....everything else that kills us we have under
some sort of control,and have treatments where poss for..
This we don't...we have to learn how to control it and any others that might be coming our way.

Post by 9898 »

"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Just killed that cunt Sutcliffe so every cloud and all that.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

2 new highs yesterday..........650,000 new cases, doubling every month at moment...and Deaths topped 10,000 in a day for first time.

Elephant in the room......it's pretty much non existent in China....Be nice if they chipped in help some poorer countries out...
but there you go...more interested in getting Control of 5G........and keeping free speech under control...along with a load of stuff
could fill next 15 Pages with...

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

So yesterday my Doctor tells me that I am now technically diabetic (thanks, that's another pill I have to take) and today I am informed that I tested positive for Covid.

The only saving grace is that I feel fine save for having the shits and pissing excessively.
Flairon

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Flairon wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:55 am So yesterday my Doctor tells me that I am now technically diabetic (thanks, that's another pill I have to take) and today I am informed that I tested positive for Covid.

The only saving grace is that I feel fine save for having the shits and pissing excessively.
Fuckin hell Flair,you're going thru the grinder at the moment...

All the best mate..you take care...and stay in touch ..