Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Ironworksfc

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Ironworksfc »

h69 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:11 am
Ironworksfc wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:31 pm

If I told you there was a percentage chance you would die in an rta, would you never get in a car again?

If I told you that there was a percentage change that you would die from influenza, would you stay at home for ever?

Your jellybeans bollocks, is, well utter bollocks
No mastermind. Try using a correct analogy

2% of 60M is 1.2M people.

So your 'perspective' is that if a virus comes and is wiping out 1.2M people in the UK, we should do nothing. Brilliant !

As for the RTA. The fact that that figure exists means that car companies dont 'do nothing' but they try and create preventative measures. No-one is saying we would not get in a car just like no-one saying that we would not want to live.
2% is a comical figure FFS, where the hell did that bollocks come from?
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:25 am
h69 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:18 am

Yeah let's let over a million people die.....fucking brilliant. Why not just shut down care homes and chuck old people out on the street or indeed anyone suffering from Cancer who becomes very vulnerable to this.

In fact why bother with healthcare at all.

The selfishness in some is breathtaking.
Your response shows you are even more stupid and arrogant than I give you credit for. And where on earth have I suggested closing down care homes, although they do seem to have been the cause of many deaths particularly in the first wave.?

And if it is selfish to consider the millions who are suffering serious financial hardship or having their children's educations messed up, then , frankly, I am happy to be considered selfish. But I wouldn't expect someone like you to consider the well being of anyone outside your own little circle.
The angry little man actually thinks over 1 million people will die due to Covid, not very bright.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:15 am
JayK wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:04 pm.
http://www.hammerschat.com/forum/downlo ... hp?id=2086

Not a very good analogy Jay. You're better than that.

If we knew that anyone of advancing years could die if they ate jellybeans I would, being in my 60s, avoid the fucking things like the plague. However I would expect my grandchildren to continue eating them. But if they offered one to me I would decline to accept it. That's the best way I can respond to that example. I guess you'd call it basic self interest. Or maybe simple common sense.

Or putting it another way. I recognise I am , because of my age, more likely to die if I catch Covid than someone 20 years younger than me. I can shield myself from the germ carrying masses if I so wish by adhering to the many restrictions the government seems hell bent on imposing on everybody.

But I do not think it is right, or even sensible, to screw up the education of a generation, destroy, or at very least damage, whole sections of the economy and inflict financial loss on millions, not to mention the generations to come who will have to pay for the borrowing spree, to help prevent me and my generation from catching it.

I know there are a small number of people in other age groups who have died from it. But isn't that the case with ANY disease that most of us recover from. There are always some unfortunates and there always will be exceptions to the rule.
I do understand where you’re coming from Whisk and it’s evidently clear education, employment and mental health are taking a massive hit from this thing. Also your reply is better than some others.
The problem with this thing and the jellybean thing is that it’s a lottery and a bit like Russian roulette. Nobody would eat the jellybeans if they knew there were 2 in there somewhere that would kill them, absolutely nobody, unless they’re suicidal. They also wouldn’t share them with friends and family with that knowledge.

The fact this thing has killed completely healthy people with zero underlying health issues and of various ages from old to young should highlight the fact nobody is safe from it coz it’s like I said, a lottery.

I genuinely believe, if it wasn’t for all those selfish people out there, still meeting up, crowding the parks and beaches and those protesting we’d be nowhere near the situation we find ourselves in with the hospitals on their knees, nation in lockdown and my local town being in a situation where they believe up to 1 in 5 people could actually have the thing (a week old info now).

I agree, the majority of people will not suffer. I’m personally not fearful of my life. But the problem a hell of a lot of people just don’t accept, appreciate, understand or whatever word you wanna use there is the fact, 1 in 3 people that have it (could be 1 in 4 but I’m cloudy on that now) don’t even know they have it. They then go to work where there are colleagues who then contract it themselves and go see their relatives, old vulnerable, carers or whatever and pass it on. The spread of it is the big issue. Easily spread.

As I’ve said before, we can’t just lock in the old and vulnerable. They have to have a level of interaction whether it be with doctors, care workers etc who in turn go to the supermarket, have kids at school, live with others who work with others. So they’re still at risk. That’s why locking down, trying to reduce the spread and risk is so important.

I’m currently a part timeTesco.com driver while my self employed work has taken a massive kick in the bollocks. Pay is shit. The point of this though is the risk I carry. Despite wearing a mask, I’m still mixing with a large number of people at work and then visiting the public. Some of those customers can’t carry their shopping in so we have to. Some of them might have the virus, some are getting over it, some are shit scared of you being anywhere near them. I could quite easily contract it and pass it on to anyone....and then there’s my family I could be putting at risk.

Bottom line for me is, if we’d locked down sooner, harder and for longer at the start, we wouldn’t be in this mess or having this conversation. If people respected rules and feared the consequences a bit more, we wouldn’t be in this mess either. So for me, it’s never been about protecting myself but protecting and respecting those around me at home and in my every day life.

And that is probably my longest ever post and don’t plan on posting more like it 😂
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

h69 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:02 am
JayK wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:04 pm.
Its wasted on the idiot mate.

Death rate at its highest since 1939 and that moron wants to just carry on as normal because he thinks the big bad govt are after him and the number of deaths is a coincidence.

Little things like it being prevalent across the entire globe seem to pass him by the poor sod.

Next time you are on a march about a govt conspiracy Ironworks, consider that if we didn't have idiots like you and everyone actually adhered to the rules then we would likely have seen a far smaller spread and less deaths.
Honestly, there’s some people I respect their responses on, some i don’t. I’ve recently learnt how not to let some of those bother me and affect my anger issues and just don’t respond to those that do. It’s not healthy and not worth it
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Ironworksfc wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:53 am

Your response shows you are even more stupid and arrogant than I give you credit for. And where on earth have I suggested closing down care homes, although they do seem to have been the cause of many deaths particularly in the first wave.?

And if it is selfish to consider the millions who are suffering serious financial hardship or having their children's educations messed up, then , frankly, I am happy to be considered selfish. But I wouldn't expect someone like you to consider the well being of anyone outside your own little circle.
The angry little man actually thinks over 1 million people will die due to Covid, not very bright.
Jay has summed it up perfectly in his post where he says there are people whose views he respects, and others he doesn't . He clearly hasn't taken offence to my post, nor was it intended to offend him.. If others with a far less tolerant attitude towards people who hold different views to their own become offended by those views then frankly that's too bad imo.

It is not the first time the "angry little man" as you refer to him has resorted to personal abuse to other posters and I doubt it will be the last.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:11 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:15 am

http://www.hammerschat.com/forum/downlo ... hp?id=2086

Not a very good analogy Jay. You're better than that.

If we knew that anyone of advancing years could die if they ate jellybeans I would, being in my 60s, avoid the fucking things like the plague. However I would expect my grandchildren to continue eating them. But if they offered one to me I would decline to accept it. That's the best way I can respond to that example. I guess you'd call it basic self interest. Or maybe simple common sense.

Or putting it another way. I recognise I am , because of my age, more likely to die if I catch Covid than someone 20 years younger than me. I can shield myself from the germ carrying masses if I so wish by adhering to the many restrictions the government seems hell bent on imposing on everybody.

But I do not think it is right, or even sensible, to screw up the education of a generation, destroy, or at very least damage, whole sections of the economy and inflict financial loss on millions, not to mention the generations to come who will have to pay for the borrowing spree, to help prevent me and my generation from catching it.

I know there are a small number of people in other age groups who have died from it. But isn't that the case with ANY disease that most of us recover from. There are always some unfortunates and there always will be exceptions to the rule.
JayK wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:11 pm I do understand where you’re coming from Whisk and it’s evidently clear education, employment and mental health are taking a massive hit from this thing. Also your reply is better than some others.
The problem with this thing and the jellybean thing is that it’s a lottery and a bit like Russian roulette. Nobody would eat the jellybeans if they knew there were 2 in there somewhere that would kill them, absolutely nobody, unless they’re suicidal. They also wouldn’t share them with friends and family with that knowledge.
Good debating with people like you Jay. I know we disagree fundamentally but, hey, life would be dull if we were all the same. Hence my reply and, like you, I promise no more long ones,
JayK wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:11 pm The fact this thing has killed completely healthy people with zero underlying health issues and of various ages from old to young should highlight the fact nobody is safe from it coz it’s like I said, a lottery.
It does. And anyone who denies it, or for that matter, denies the existence of the virus itself is way off beam imo. But doesn't ANY disease sadly sometimes kill people, even though the disease itself is curable in many cases ? It is the old and the nearly old (my group) who need to be more aware though. And because of our age we are less affected by lockdowns and the like not least because we no longer have to go to work to provide for our families.
JayK wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:11 pm I genuinely believe, if it wasn’t for all those selfish people out there, still meeting up, crowding the parks and beaches and those protesting we’d be nowhere near the situation we find ourselves in with the hospitals on their knees, nation in lockdown and my local town being in a situation where they believe up to 1 in 5 people could actually have the thing (a week old info now).

I agree, the majority of people will not suffer. I’m personally not fearful of my life. But the problem a hell of a lot of people just don’t accept, appreciate, understand or whatever word you wanna use there is the fact, 1 in 3 people that have it (could be 1 in 4 but I’m cloudy on that now) don’t even know they have it. They then go to work where there are colleagues who then contract it themselves and go see their relatives, old vulnerable, carers or whatever and pass it on. The spread of it is the big issue. Easily spread.

As I’ve said before, we can’t just lock in the old and vulnerable. They have to have a level of interaction whether it be with doctors, care workers etc who in turn go to the supermarket, have kids at school, live with others who work with others. So they’re still at risk. That’s why locking down, trying to reduce the spread and risk is so important.
But are we not already "locking up" the old and vulnerable in precisely the same way we are locking up everybody else.? The old and vulnerable aren't exempt from the restrictions are they ? I do, of course, get your point about essential workers who are still carrying out their jobs and who are, therefore, more likely to be exposed to it. For what it's worth I would happily give up my place in the vaccination queue so that these essential workers could be given the priority which I think they deserve. And I'm not just talking about NHS workers here.
JayK wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:11 pm I’m currently a part timeTesco.com driver while my self employed work has taken a massive kick in the bollocks. Pay is shit. The point of this though is the risk I carry. Despite wearing a mask, I’m still mixing with a large number of people at work and then visiting the public. Some of those customers can’t carry their shopping in so we have to. Some of them might have the virus, some are getting over it, some are shit scared of you being anywhere near them. I could quite easily contract it and pass it on to anyone....and then there’s my family I could be putting at risk.

Bottom line for me is, if we’d locked down sooner, harder and for longer at the start, we wouldn’t be in this mess or having this conversation. If people respected rules and feared the consequences a bit more, we wouldn’t be in this mess either. So for me, it’s never been about protecting myself but protecting and respecting those around me at home and in my every day life.
You may well be right. And also had we known earlier the old were the ones most susceptible to dying from it we would undoubtedly have handles the situation with care homes far better. They became death traps with affected, vulnerable inmates trapped inside with others who were transmitting the disease. But people blaming the government for that are doing so with the benefit of hindsight which is a brilliant decision making device.

JayK wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:11 pm And that is probably my longest ever post and don’t plan on posting more like it 😂
Let's both agree on that course of action then. ;)

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:56 pm

Jay has summed it up perfectly in his post where he says there are people whose views he respects, and others he doesn't . He clearly hasn't taken offence to my post, nor was it intended to offend him.. If others with a far less tolerant attitude towards people who hold different views to their own become offended by those views then frankly that's too bad imo.

It is not the first time the "angry little man" as you refer to him has resorted to personal abuse to other posters and I doubt it will be the last.
Far better to be an angry man than a patronising old selfish cunt with a brain the size of a pea.

h69

Post by h69 »

I dont actually but I was referring to the 2% figure you seem to think is tiny and inconsequential for a death rate.

Work out what 2% of the population is before you come out with such a moronic statement. Use a calculator if you need to.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:50 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:56 pm

Far better to be an angry man than a patronising old selfish cunt with a brain the size of a pea.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

h69 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:51 pm

I dont actually but I was referring to the 2% figure you seem to think is tiny and inconsequential for a death rate.

Work out what 2% of the population is before you come out with such a moronic statement. Use a calculator if you need to.
You really are a very angry individual

The 2 percent was obviously bollocks, well I thought so, but clearly not in your case.

Lots of reasons you can die, especially when you get old. I believe the reaction is wholly disproportionate to the risk, you clearly need to find a cave to hide in.