Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
BlackDiamond

Re: Coronavirus

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:53 am
Ironworksfc wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:24 pm

Just imagine this being conducted on an English news channel.
I hate conspiracy theories but I am seriously beginning to question the motives behind the government's apparent refusal, and nit just the UK government btw, for refusing to acknowledge publicly the points made in that broadcast. It is becoming very sinister.
I think the VT misses the main and salient point. Deaths per se are not the issue.

The real problem is high numbers of hospitalisations because these clog the system up and the danger is your capacity is overwhelmed. If the disease outcome was resolved within 48 hours then the NHS would not be under any burden.

It's always been about the ability to cope with demand and the worry of not being in control. People like things to be in order. We can't deal very well with chaos. In fact most people are more worried about that than the thought of actually dying. It is why there are so many people on antidepressant medications.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:09 pm

I hate conspiracy theories but I am seriously beginning to question the motives behind the government's apparent refusal, and nit just the UK government btw, for refusing to acknowledge publicly the points made in that broadcast. It is becoming very sinister.
I think the VT misses the main and salient point. Deaths per se are not the issue.

The real problem is high numbers of hospitalisations because these clog the system up and the danger is your capacity is overwhelmed. If the disease outcome was resolved within 48 hours then the NHS would not be under any burden.

It's always been about the ability to cope with demand and the worry of not being in control. People like things to be in order. We can't deal very well with chaos. In fact most people are more worried about that than the thought of actually dying. It is why there are so many people on antidepressant medications.

True. But do you not feel that if the government told the truth about the likelihood of death, which to the vast majority of us is minimal, the rush to hospitalisation would quite possibly slow down.? Let's face it most people would probably rather fight an illness in the comfort of their own home .

The very fact that it appears there are 30,000 unused ventilators stashed away somewhere, the ability to put people on ventilators being one reason for hospital admissions, suggests to me that many hosptal admissions are unnecessary. And siomething which of course ought to provoke questions about how many sufferers from other ailments are being denied treatment as a consequence of the overreaction to Covid.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

Ironworksfc wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:24 pm

Just imagine this being conducted on an English news channel.
I have never before felt like I do with situation, it has smelt wrong right from the beginning and it just gets worse. So many of the scientific experts that are advising governments are linked with the big pharma companies and the WHO have previous for over exaggerating the impact of a virus.
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

You actually believe that do you, really, do you?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:44 pm

True. But do you not feel that if the government told the truth about the likelihood of death, which to the vast majority of us is minimal, the rush to hospitalisation would quite possibly slow down.? Let's face it most people would probably rather fight an illness in the comfort of their own home .

The very fact that it appears there are 30,000 unused ventilators stashed away somewhere, the ability to put people on ventilators being one reason for hospital admissions, suggests to me that many hosptal admissions are unnecessary. And siomething which of course ought to provoke questions about how many sufferers from other ailments are being denied treatment as a consequence of the overreaction to Covid.
Good point. Probably all the hospitalisations are genuine with most of them coming from the BAME sector. And of those the majority are over 60s with underlying medical problems. The ONS calculates 4/1 ratios.

You are quite right that all the other patient care suffer various harms and accelerated deaths. These go unreported or have so far.

However governments are terrified of hospitals becoming rammed full and their biggest fear materialising, not being able to accept new patients.
It is that pressure that drives all the restrictions and caused all the economic harm. Simply the numbers. Nothing more, nothing less.

Much smaller numbers and a "lockdown" would have remained a term only associated with the prison service.

And had another person been running the country and the virus been designated as a stay-at-home interruption, then the economy could have remained free flowing. Obviously, that didn't happen because the Government wants to save as all, but when you over reach too far...you can lose balance

palerider

Post by palerider »

I'm planning to meet my daughter for lunch in just over a week.

We do this once a month, half-way between her home and mine, at a pub in Amesbury.

I live in tier 1, and the pub's in tier 1. But as things are going, she'll be in tier 2 by then and, as I understand it, we won't be allowed to go inside according to the rules. All very confusing. We can sit outside but not ideal if it's pissing down.

We have a cunning plan however to thwart plod's attempts to fine or arrest us should we get grassed-up.

She'll have a headscarf on and I'll be wearing a waistcoat over white pyjamas.

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

Maybe someone could extract the graph and post it separately, I always have issues posting pictures on here

JayK

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:15 am I'm planning to meet my daughter for lunch in just over a week.

We do this once a month, half-way between her home and mine, at a pub in Amesbury.

I live in tier 1, and the pub's in tier 1. But as things are going, she'll be in tier 2 by then and, as I understand it, we won't be allowed to go inside according to the rules. All very confusing. We can sit outside but not ideal if it's pissing down.

We have a cunning plan however to thwart plod's attempts to fine or arrest us should we get grassed-up.

Sounds cunning and fool proof 😂
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

FBF2D344-1845-4F3D-98A9-3A666D97E7DF.jpeg
FBF2D344-1845-4F3D-98A9-3A666D97E7DF.jpeg (56.38 KiB) Viewed 2015 times

Your wish is my command oh doubting one :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

palerider wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:15 am I'm planning to meet my daughter for lunch in just over a week.

Think this will catch on
Thumbs up thingy !

Pops off to local Asian outfitters.