F1, 2020

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Neville Bartos

Re: F1, 2020

Post by Neville Bartos »

Gandalf wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:15 pm
Neville Bartos wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:14 pm

What a tedious watch though. It was so boring I was watching snooker highlights on my phone. :D
It was Spain. What did you expect? :lol:
It is a good circuit for testing on with its mix of corners, but I wish they wouldn't race there. Or if they insist on racing there then change the layout for the race.
As tracks go it's probably my least favourite.
One good thing about Covid is we'll get to see Mugello, the Algarve IC (Portimao), and the return of the Nurburgring. All of which are more interesting than Catalunya.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Noni

Post by Noni »

What are Ferrari doing?

It was embarrassing in Spain almost when Charles LeClerc retired , they sounded if we might as well pack up, 'Oh wait, we still have another car on track' (Vettel).. Having Charles ride his car without a seat belt, surely that breaks every rule breach when it comes to safety. I think we might get an inquiry over the next few days, which could result in a fine or penalty.

After Charles seat belt failed him, his engineer had no clue what to do. In fact is was Charles that wanted to come in. Ferrari need to sort out their management structure and leadership roles and delegate. The whole team are afraid to make any kind of decision incase they might get it wrong.

It seems now that Ferrari are only good at making PASTA!............. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

Noni wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:40 am What are Ferrari doing?

It was embarrassing in Spain almost when Charles LeClerc retired , they sounded if we might as well pack up, 'Oh wait, we still have another car on track' (Vettel).. Having Charles ride his car without a seat belt, surely that breaks every rule breach when it comes to safety. I think we might get an inquiry over the next few days, which could result in a fine or penalty.

After Charles seat belt failed him, his engineer had no clue what to do. In fact is was Charles that wanted to come in. Ferrari need to sort out their management structure and leadership roles and delegate. The whole team are afraid to make any kind of decision incase they might get it wrong.

It seems now that Ferrari are only good at making PASTA!............. :lol: :lol: :lol:
How many times have Ferrari restructured in the last half dozen seasons?
I think they need someone from the outside to come in and just slash and burn, because nothing seems to work for them.
As well as Leclerc's issues they had Vettel having to tell his own strategy team what to do.
They had him push, then asked him if he thought he could go to the end. Never a big fan of Vettel, but it was hard not to feel sorry for him.

Engineer: we think about going to the end with these tyres.
Vettel: oh for fuck sake, I asked you this before, now I've been pushing for three laps.

It really does look like Ferrari are betting everything on the technical regulation changes in 2022.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Noni

Post by Noni »

Neville Bartos wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:11 am
Noni wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:40 am What are Ferrari doing?

How many times have Ferrari restructured in the last half dozen seasons?
I think they need someone from the outside to come in and just slash and burn, because nothing seems to work for them.
As well as Leclerc's issues they had Vettel having to tell his own strategy team what to do.
They had him push, then asked him if he thought he could go to the end. Never a big fan of Vettel, but it was hard not to feel sorry for him.

Engineer: we think about going to the end with these tyres.
Vettel: oh for fuck sake, I asked you this before, now I've been pushing for three laps.

It really does look like Ferrari are betting everything on the technical regulation changes in 2022.
They do indeed need to bring people from outside in. When Schumacher won with the team, most of the management were not Italian. Also they had management roles within the team. Not sure if it was Ross Brawn or Todt in charge at the time?

Fingers must rolling in Italy right now. Ferrari are the highest paid team in F1 and there's no excuse for their failure in my opinion.

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

Noni wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:55 am
Not sure if it was Ross Brawn or Todt in charge at the time?

They were both there. Todt was head of the F1 team (under Montezemelo), and he brought in Brawn as Technical Director along with Rory Byrne who designed the car.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Pretty obvious Ferrari were cheating last year,something to do with Fuel Injection system,being able to give it a boost,
and not being detected...was outside regulations...What with Le Clerc being over a second off the pace as well,seems like they
based everything on that,now they can't use it,they're screwed.

Anyway don't know what they're Moaning about....Got Driver of the Day.......Driver of the day, Vettel...... :lol: FFS...

Like giving Man of the Match to Roberto cos he kept it down to 2..... :lol:

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

mkhammer wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:14 pm Pretty obvious Ferrari were cheating last year,something to do with Fuel Injection system,being able to give it a boost,
and not being detected...was outside regulations...What with Le Clerc being over a second off the pace as well,seems like they
based everything on that,now they can't use it,they're screwed.

Anyway don't know what they're Moaning about....Got Driver of the Day.......Driver of the day, Vettel...... :lol: FFS...

Like giving Man of the Match to Roberto cos he kept it down to 2..... :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Noni

Post by Noni »

Party Modes.

Several experts including Team Principle Toto Wolf believes banning party modes in qualification will increase their performance in a race. Trying to stop their advantage will obviously prolong their engine life in a race and allow them to go quicker as opposed in qualification..

It will be interesting to see if this backfires on the FIA strategy calls and make Mercedes even more dominate through the race. Though this effects all teams, surely Mercedes will benefit in the long run.

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

Noni wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:51 pm Party Modes.

Several experts including Team Principle Toto Wolf believes banning party modes in qualification will increase their performance in a race. Trying to stop their advantage will obviously prolong their engine life in a race and allow them to go quicker as opposed in qualification..

It will be interesting to see if this backfires on the FIA strategy calls and make Mercedes even more dominate through the race. Though this effects all teams, surely Mercedes will benefit in the long run.
I'm not entirely sure I believe it. Although I understand the logic behind it, if it were true wouldn't Mercedes have done that already?
My guess it, they were doing already it. Which is why there have been no complaints from Merc.

What it could do though it penalize the two other Mercedes powered teams who probably are turning everything up to 11.
So that could push Racing Point back towards the midfield, and also stop Russell getting through to Q2. Both of those things would be a shame.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

Dear, oh dear, those Ferraris look utterly pony on a power track.
13th and 14th. Leclerc 0.5 seconds off his pole lap from last season. 1.7 and 2 seconds respectively off the pole. And 1.4 and 1.7 off the old lap record set by a certain S. Vettel in 2018.
I guess whatever naughtiness Ferrari were upto with their engines has taken them from being the power track Kings to not even denting the top 10.
Nice work from Ricciardo in 4th, and a bit surpring Stroll and Perez in 8th and 9th weren't higher given their Mercedes power.