F1, 2020

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Noni

Re: F1, 2020

Post by Noni »

Neville Bartos wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:17 pm Dear, oh dear, those Ferraris look utterly pony on a power track.
13th and 14th. Leclerc 0.5 seconds off his pole lap from last season. 1.7 and 2 seconds respectively off the pole. And 1.4 and 1.7 off the old lap record set by a certain S. Vettel in 2018.
I guess whatever naughtiness Ferrari were upto with their engines has taken them from being the power track Kings to not even denting the top 10.
Nice work from Ricciardo in 4th, and a bit surpring Stroll and Perez in 8th and 9th weren't higher given their Mercedes power.
I'm not a Ferrari fan, except their road cars!. :D .... But Ferrari F1 lack the skill in management!!!..... They don't develop enough in terms of the money they get. :(

Shame on them, who get an extra 15% on other teams regardless where they stand in the championship. Ferrari want to go all Italian
, but in the Schumacher days, we had a French guy and mainly all British management and that ended with 5 more titles for Schumacher.

This year is a disgrace and I'm glad Williams are beaten them in Qualifying!. :lol:

Noni

Post by Noni »

With 3 more races confirmed on the calendar, it looks like Hamilton will wrap up this years title for sure. Now with 5 race wins, he's 2 away from Schumacher's record now standing at 89.

I would like Hamilton to get 8 titles and retire. Though I think that maybe unlikely at moment, specially with the new regulations.

Good to see Norris climb the field to 7th and puts McLaren back in 3rd in the standings.

Where were Ferrari? :shock: :? Should Ferrari visit the pope for a miracle. :lol:

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

Noni wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:04 pm With 3 more races confirmed on the calendar, it looks like Hamilton will wrap up this years title for sure. Now with 5 race wins, he's 2 away from Schumacher's record now standing at 89.

I would like Hamilton to get 8 titles and retire. Though I think that maybe unlikely at moment, specially with the new regulations.

Good to see Norris climb the field to 7th and puts McLaren back in 3rd in the standings.

Where were Ferrari? :shock: :? Should Ferrari visit the pope for a miracle. :lol:
Another boring one, wasn't it?
Nice to see Renault doing well, Ricciardo might be questioning his decision to move to McLaren given how decent that Renault power unit is starting to look.
Ferrari are bang in trouble for the foreseeable future. I've been reading there's serious limitations on engine upgrades and development for the next few seasons, and given they already look a distant fourth behind Merc, Honda and Renault I think they'll need a miracle to be podium contenders week in week out anytime soon.
Monza next, which if anything, is even more of a power circuit than Spa.

As for Hamilton, the double hundred of poles and wins looks an absolute certainty now. As do those 8 titles.
Given Mercs advantage it's hard to see Red Bull, or anyone, overhauling them before 2022.
I think Hamilton will stick around for that 2022 season and, if Mercedes are still the team to beat after the rule changes, I can see him staying for 2023 and maybe even 2024 too. As long and the skills, desire and winning car are still there, why wouldn't he?
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Noni

Post by Noni »

Neville Bartos wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:35 pm
Noni wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:04 pm With 3 more races confirmed on the calendar, it looks like Hamilton will wrap up this years title for sure. Now with 5 race wins, he's 2 away from Schumacher's record now standing at 89.

Another boring one, wasn't it?
Nice to see Renault doing well, Ricciardo might be questioning his decision to move to McLaren given how decent that Renault power unit is starting to look.
Ferrari are bang in trouble for the foreseeable future. I've been reading there's serious limitations on engine upgrades and development for the next few seasons, and given they already look a distant fourth behind Merc, Honda and Renault I think they'll need a miracle to be podium contenders week in week out anytime soon.
Monza next, which if anything, is even more of a power circuit than Spa.

As for Hamilton, the double hundred of poles and wins looks an absolute certainty now. As do those 8 titles.
Given Mercs advantage it's hard to see Red Bull, or anyone, overhauling them before 2022.
I think Hamilton will stick around for that 2022 season and, if Mercedes are still the team to beat after the rule changes, I can see him staying for 2023 and maybe even 2024 too. As long and the skills, desire and winning car are still there, why wouldn't he?
I still feel McLaren is the best choice for Ricciardo. Well established team and very loyal at the moment, specially with Norris's 7 place finish and moved McLaren Back in 3rd place in the WC. I am looking forward to the 2 funniest men in F1, Norris and Ricciardo in the same team. :D ..... McLaren have the Renault engines anyway. ;)

If Ferrari keep dropping points like this, serious trouble will erupt from Italy, specially the fans. As I said earlier, they get 15% more in revenue despite their championship points.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

Never a huge fan of Nico Rosberg, but I've been watching the track guides/master classes he does on his YouTube channel, and they give a great insight into the skill and technical knowledge required. Stuff like adjusting the brake balance between corners. Staying off the rubbered in line in the wet. Really interesting stuff.
Here's his guide to Spa.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

h69

Post by h69 »

Noni wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:18 am
Neville Bartos wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:17 pm Dear, oh dear, those Ferraris look utterly pony on a power track.
13th and 14th. Leclerc 0.5 seconds off his pole lap from last season. 1.7 and 2 seconds respectively off the pole. And 1.4 and 1.7 off the old lap record set by a certain S. Vettel in 2018.
I guess whatever naughtiness Ferrari were upto with their engines has taken them from being the power track Kings to not even denting the top 10.
Nice work from Ricciardo in 4th, and a bit surpring Stroll and Perez in 8th and 9th weren't higher given their Mercedes power.
I'm not a Ferrari fan, except their road cars!. :D
Have you seen that new Ferrari Roma : Lovely bit of kit and a real departure for Ferrari in building a Grand Tourer.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Neville Bartos wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:25 pm Never a huge fan of Nico Rosberg, but I've been watching the track guides/master classes he does on his YouTube channel, and they give a great insight into the skill and technical knowledge required. Stuff like adjusting the brake balance between corners. Staying off the rubbered in line in the wet. Really interesting stuff.
Here's his guide to Spa.
Yeah same as you with Nico...but in saying that, love his passion on this,and the Nod to LH..

The faith these guys put in their cars...incredible...you brain would be going..I can't fuckin do that.. :lol:

Would love a few laps round Spa in one of those things...good vid enjoyed it.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

h69 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:39 pm
Noni wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:18 am

I'm not a Ferrari fan, except their road cars!. :D
Have you seen that new Ferrari Roma : Lovely bit of kit and a real departure for Ferrari in building a Grand Tourer.

Beautiful thing,as all Ferraris are,but the Aston I put up on BCs Car thread,beats it for me.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

mkhammer wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:03 pm
h69 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:39 pm

Beautiful thing,as all Ferraris are,but the Aston I put up on BCs Car thread,beats it for me.
I do like the Roma, but the new SF90 Stradale looks even better if you ask me. 1000hp hybrid hyper car, but this one is a bargain at well under half a million quid.

Oh, and did I mention it's my birthday next month???

JayK

Post by JayK »

You guys should check out an Aussie bird on YouTube called supercar Blondie

Here's one of her vids....
COYI!!!