F1, 2020

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Gandalf

Re: F1, 2020

Post by Gandalf »

Noni wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:35 pm Racing Point looks good in testing, a copied version of Mercedes 2019 car. Expect them to do well. Red Bull holding back in their times, suggest they will do very well indeed.

Both Ferrari, Williams and Mercedes had engine failures.. :shock: Oil pressures in all these cars.

Williams looking good, hopefully they can score points this season and not stay at the back. :D

2 weeks times starts off in Australia. ;)
The pink Mercedes is flying. Wouldn't surprise me to see them finish best-of-the-rest this season. Of course that would require Stroll to up his game. But I think he will. This will be the year he finally comes of age.

As for Williams, I'm not particularly confident. They were so far behind last season that the best I think they can achieve is to close up the gap to the cars in front of them. I still think they'll be last.
And they will be switching focus to the '21 car very early so I don't expect much in the way of improvements as the season goes on. I just hope they can pick up a few more points this season in the attritional races.

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

Noni wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:42 pm Investigations by the FIA may have proven that fact that Ferrari engines were illegal.

So they've reached a private settlement, the specifics of which must remain a secret. What a wonderful way to run a sporting competition.

But basically yes, as anyone with even an ounce of common sense had already deduced, Ferrari were cheating last year.

Be interesting to see how the other teams react?
This stinks!!!!!

The FIA clearly knew how badly this would go down. They released the statement at 17:50. Ten minutes before the end of the final day of testing. Clearly designed to prevent the press asking the inevitable tricky questions.
The FIA have screwed up big-time here. It will be interesting to see how they try to wriggle out of this one.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

The FIA always roll over for Ferrari.
The question is if Ferrari had broken the rules, how would they be punished? Invalidate last seasons results? Penalties for this season?
I'm guessing the FIA are hoping the fact Ferrari won neither world title last season means they can quietly sweep this under the rug and hope no-one kicks up too big of a fuss.
The weirdest part of the whole thing is stating that they'd reached a settlement. Either Ferrari did manipulate the fuel flow to exceed the limit or they didn't. What has a settlement got to do with it?

I wonder who is head of the FIA? Oh, yes, it's former Ferrari employee Jean Todt. No possible conflict of interest there then...
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

eastcoastclaret
Location: Chris Eubank has written a book about ethics. If it sells well, he'll write one about Kent too

Post by eastcoastclaret »

What?
Ferrari caught cheating last season? :o the shock,the horror, the sheer audacity!!!
I don’t believe it!
I say they should have the drivers championship and constructors titles from last year both removed.

What? They won neither last year? :o

:D
Sometimes, I swear, those bloody Italians couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery!
Fuggin useless. No wonder Vettle is throwing his toys out the pram......(cut to vettel jumping up and down, red faced, screaming about not being Germany’s best all time driver and that even cheating they can’t win.....)
Don’t get me wrong ALL the teams push the rules/boundaries, it’s the nature of big money sport. One thing I know for sure is Ferrari will never ever get more than a wrist slap from the governing body. If it had been one of the other teams outside the chosen few you just know a ban or point deduction etc of some kind would happen.

Strangely, I’m looking forward to this coming season.
gonna need a bigger boat...my thumbs have gone weird...weleese bwian...I didn't eat the salmon mousse...nice beaver...like a glove...I have nipples Greg...the details of my life...he's not the messiah....

eastcoastclaret
Location: Chris Eubank has written a book about ethics. If it sells well, he'll write one about Kent too

Post by eastcoastclaret »

McClaren have pulled out of the Australian Gp due to Coronavirus. I suspect others will Soon.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/51849163
gonna need a bigger boat...my thumbs have gone weird...weleese bwian...I didn't eat the salmon mousse...nice beaver...like a glove...I have nipples Greg...the details of my life...he's not the messiah....

Noni

Post by Noni »

eastcoastclaret wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:27 pm McClaren have pulled out of the Australian Gp due to Coronavirus. I suspect others will Soon.

Latest news just in, is that most teams now want to pull out and rumours suggest that the Australian and Bahrain F1 GP will be cancelled .

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Noni wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:17 pm
eastcoastclaret wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:27 pm McClaren have pulled out of the Australian Gp due to Coronavirus. I suspect others will Soon.

Latest news just in, is that most teams now want to pull out and rumours suggest that the Australian and Bahrain F1 GP will be cancelled .
Australias off Noni,looks like Vietnam as well,Chinas gone...due to come to Europe in May...
I really cant see it starting this year ...not til August or so anyway.

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

mkhammer wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:31 pm
Noni wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:17 pm

Australias off Noni,looks like Vietnam as well,Chinas gone...due to come to Europe in May...
I really cant see it starting this year ...not til August or so anyway.
Anyone interested in a conspiracy theory? :roll:

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/56533/ar ... ment-.html

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

It's ridiculous. None of this will make a tuppence worth of difference.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Noni

Post by Noni »

Ferrari has stopped all production of their road cars and F1 cars. Everyone is sent home.

Not a good time to buy a brand new Ferrari guys. :D