IPTV/Kodi/streaming/torrenting /broadband etc thread

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Whiskyman

Re: Message For Terry1965

Post by Whiskyman »

Shortshanks wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:16 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:54 pm

Tbh that's probably the only time I'll use it. I use Exodus (Kodi add on) for movies occasionally and t v series but rarely stream anything else. But when I opened the program I could only see a link to NBC and the Formula 1 site under the sports heading. But there was a box that said "Download 6.6.2 which didn't seem to do anything. Is this where the streams would be listed normally.

The one thing I found a bit annoying was the bar at the bottom where various messages were being shown going across.
I only use it for the football and the cricket. When I open it, it has the live streams listed straightaway under "matches". I see today it has only 4 items listed and only one of those is today which is NBA. It has the cricket listed for tomorrow. I would wait until the football starts to give it a go, I was using it for the end of season PL games and Champions league etc and it worked great like Rising Tides. I may be telling you something you already know but there is a great site Kodiapps.com which gives all the best working links. The standalone apps are listed under APKTime and the Kodi links are listed under Add-ons. Like you I use it mainly to get the live sport and very occasionally films .Btw I've never experienced the "various messages" bit. Is that during streaming?
I've just deleted and re installed it (using a different URL to download from) and now it seems to be doing what your post says it should do. Looks like the previous URL might have downloaded an outdated version. As you say probably best to test it our properly when the serious football starts again.

Thanks for the tips.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Shortshanks

Re: Message For Terry1965

Post by Shortshanks »

https://apktime.com/how-to-install-apkt ... on-android

This should help anyone to access and download apps easier

Whiskyman

STRIX IPTV--Teccy Help Required

Post by Whiskyman »

I know a few people on here have STRIX installed and wondered if anyone has experienced the problem I have, It was working fine until yesterday when I had got a list of streams on the screen but when I clicked on one to watch it I got something about Unity Ads on the screen asking for permission to share data etc etc. And there was no way of getting rid of it--couldn't close it or return to the previous page---totally stuck.

I've tried cleqring the cache, clearing the data and have even uninstalled and re installed STRIX onto the Firestick but the bloody thing still keeps appearing whenever I want to use it. Anyone else had this issue and, if so, does anyone know how to get rid ?

Thanks in advance.

Newmarket

Re: STRIX IPTV--Teccy Help Required

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:30 pm I know a few people on here have STRIX installed and wondered if anyone has experienced the problem I have, It was working fine until yesterday when I had got a list of streams on the screen but when I clicked on one to watch it I got something about Unity Ads on the screen asking for permission to share data etc etc. And there was no way of getting rid of it--couldn't close it or return to the previous page---totally stuck.

I've tried cleqring the cache, clearing the data and have even uninstalled and re installed STRIX onto the Firestick but the bloody thing still keeps appearing whenever I want to use it. Anyone else had this issue and, if so, does anyone know how to get rid ?

Thanks in advance.
Hi Whisk . I cannot try mine as my broadband is FUCKED at the minute 😡.

I know it’s an easy option to suggest and I’m sure you’ve checked , but do you have the latest updated version ?
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Re: STRIX IPTV--Teccy Help Required

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:57 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:30 pm I know a few people on here have STRIX installed and wondered if anyone has experienced the problem I have, It was working fine until yesterday when I had got a list of streams on the screen but when I clicked on one to watch it I got something about Unity Ads on the screen asking for permission to share data etc etc. And there was no way of getting rid of it--couldn't close it or return to the previous page---totally stuck.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Whisk . I cannot try mine as my broadband is FUCKED at the minute 😡.

I know it’s an easy option to suggest and I’m sure you’ve checked , but do you have the latest updated version ?
Thanks for the response. Touch wood I think I might have solved the problem. I uninstalled it, for the second time, and before installing it again I put an ad blocker (BLOCKADA) on the Firestick. Didn't have one before. Since then it's been OK so I'm keeping everything crossed. I think it's the latest version but tbh I can't be 100% about that. It's Android version 4 or something like that.

Just as an aside, there's a thread on the football forum about Covid 19-and the problems to club finances it will cause. The last episode of that Amazon Spurs documentary program features Levy briefly discussing the accounts. Very interesting. I know it's Spurs but the series was a decent watch..

Hope your broadband gets sorted soon. ;)

Whiskyman

VOLA Sports. Teccy Help Needed Please,

Post by Whiskyman »

Someone on this forum, to whom I will be forever grateful, made me aware of this app which until a couple of days ago was the best app for watching streamed footy. But , like all good things it's now fucked. At least for me.

Has anyone else had this problem ? And if they have , how have you managed to get round it. Idiot proof language please. I'm not a Tech "Dummy" but nor am I Bill fucking Gates.

Thanks for any advice.

Newmarket

Re: VOLA Sports. Teccy Help Needed Please,

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:33 pm Someone on this forum, to whom I will be forever grateful, made me aware of this app which until a couple of days ago was the best app for watching streamed footy. But , like all good things it's now fucked. At least for me.

Has anyone else had this problem ? And if they have , how have you managed to get round it. Idiot proof language please. I'm not a Tech "Dummy" but nor am I Bill fucking Gates.

Thanks for any advice.
When you say it’s fucked what exactly happens when you open the app ?
Or what doesn’t happen ? Error message ? Blank screen ?
Bring back Jonathon !

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

It's just been updated. I've updated mine but haven't bothered to use for a few days because nothing I've wanted to watch but will have a look tomorrow. Worse comes to the worse there are others but this was the best along with the Rising Tides addon in Kodi.

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Just opened it and the highlights of Brazil v Bolivia game show ok. Obviously no live games at the moment.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:43 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:33 pm Someone on this forum, to whom I will be forever grateful, made me aware of this app which until a couple of days ago was the best app for watching streamed footy. But , like all good things it's now fucked. At least for me.

Thanks for any advice.
When you say it’s fucked what exactly happens when you open the app ?
Or what doesn’t happen ? Error message ? Blank screen ?
It's on my firestick and when I opened it last it said there was an update. However the update screen didn't respond to the firestick controller so I was unable to navigate to the appropriate bit to download the update. I have tried re installing from links on the web but they just give an error message (404) saying the website can't be found. I think those links must be the outdated ones for the old version of Vola because I'm sure one of the domains was the one I used to install it in the first place.