IPTV/Kodi/streaming/torrenting /broadband etc thread

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Newmarket

Re: IPTV/Kodi/streaming/torrenting /broadband etc thread

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:58 pm
Shortshanks wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:38 pm

Nope, downloaded it straight to my Nvidia shield and it's free. Been using it for a month and now decided to pay £5 for 3 months (they give you 7 days free trial) just so I don't have to click to remove adverts. You won't be disappointed I guarantee unless something suddenly happens which hasn't for the last month.

https://www.potatostreams.co.uk/
I think I may have a problem because my mobile phone is with EE and my broadband is Virgin I don’t have Nvidia but will probably look into that tomorrow.

Thanks for the input.
Just for your info Mr W . Nvidia shield is a streaming device / games console .
A £200 firestick if you like , top of the range stuff .

I needed the cash desperately so I flogged mine and reinvested it in a couple of fire sticks .

And wish I hadn’t , very foolish move .
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:31 pm

I think I may have a problem because my mobile phone is with EE and my broadband is Virgin I don’t have Nvidia but will probably look into that tomorrow.

Thanks for the input.

I needed the cash desperately so I flogged mine and reinvested it in a couple of fire sticks .

Well I won’t be investing in one of those then. ;)

Reasonably happy with my fire stick. Just watched Bilbao v Barca on a perfect broadcast on Bein Sports USA. Nice to have some options though which is why it’s disappointing Rising Tides has gone tits up.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Shortshanks wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:38 pm

Nope, downloaded it straight to my Nvidia shield and it's free. Been using it for a month and now decided to pay £5 for 3 months (they give you 7 days free trial) just so I don't have to click to remove adverts. You won't be disappointed I guarantee unless something suddenly happens which hasn't for the last month.

https://www.potatostreams.co.uk/

Thanks for the input.
You shouldn't need your phone to install the app.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Shortshanks wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:12 am

Thanks for the input.
I know that's normally the case but when I downloaded the "Potatostreams" app to the Firestick (via Downloader) a welcome screen appeared when I opened the app. That gave specific instructions to activate it and required me to download the "Premium" app, enter the code number (that was shown on the welcome screen) and then "link" that to my firestick. It also said to ensure the app was downloaded to a mobile device with the same provider as my streaming service, which it isn't.
All very odd. So I gave up. I'll have another play around sometime. Maybe the URL I downloaded from is outdated and has been updated.

Thanks for the input anyway.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:58 am

I know that's normally the case but when I downloaded the "Potatostreams" app to the Firestick (via Downloader) a welcome screen appeared when I opened the app. That gave specific instructions to activate it and required me to download the "Premium" app, enter the code number (that was shown on the welcome screen) and then "link" that to my firestick. It also said to ensure the app was downloaded to a mobile device with the same provider as my streaming service, which it isn't.
All very odd. So I gave up. I'll have another play around sometime. Maybe the URL I downloaded from is outdated and has been updated.

What’s the code to put into Downloader Mr Whisk ?

I’ll have a play about with it myself when I get time , probably at the weekend .

Love stuff like this ...
Bring back Jonathon !

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

I think you are trying to download the premium app instead of the free one. When you download the premium app you have to download an app called "standpoint" to make payment. When I tried to download "standpoint" from the Google Playstore it wouldn't allow me to download directly to Android box only my phone. I got around it by installing the Standpoint app via the "Aptoide app" which is like Google Playstore in that you can download apps directly from it. Incidently I downloaded both the free and premium apps directly from their website (Potatostreams) using the TV Bro app which is a browser.

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

It looks like you can put : https://www.potatostreams.co.uk/ into the browser link in Downloader and then download direct

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:13 pm
Newmarket wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:31 pm

Well I won’t be investing in one of those then. ;)

Reasonably happy with my fire stick. Just watched Bilbao v Barca on a perfect broadcast on Bein Sports USA. Nice to have some options though which is why it’s disappointing Rising Tides has gone tits up.
Thought I posted something yesterday.....must have forgot to submit ...
Checked when read your post and Rising tides is still up and running...hooked into a bit of the Napoli game yesterday
with it....Kodi/Xanax build 23 I think....

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:48 am

What’s the code to put into Downloader Mr Whisk ?

I’ll have a play about with it myself when I get time , probably at the weekend .

Love stuff like this ...
Sorry if there's a misunderstanding. There's no code for Downloader. That just takes you to the website to download the app. The code is shown on the welcome screen when the download is complete and you open the app..

The code was ZL96B6T0. I think the last digit is numeric but could be the letter "o".

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Shortshanks wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:01 pm It looks like you can put : https://www.potatostreams.co.uk/ into the browser link in Downloader and then download direct
Thanks, I'll try that. Will have a play around in a few minutes.