IPTV/Kodi/streaming/torrenting /broadband etc thread

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Whiskyman

Re: IPTV/Kodi/streaming/torrenting /broadband etc thread

Post by Whiskyman »

Shortshanks wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:35 am
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:08 am

Thanks for that. I have a google e mail but when I clicked on the link requesting me to log in using it nothing happened. Nada. I'm downloading it to my firestick, are you downloading to a PC , mobile or Nvidia ? I'm guessing this might be some sort of compatibility issue.
I downloaded to Nvidia originally from their website. Maybe this link will help you for firestick: https://www.potatostreams.co.uk/everyth ... aming-app/ Scroll down a little way
Thanks for that. But I think the issue MAY be the necessity to have the app on your mobile phone. Every instruction I have read so far (including those provided by third parties) say you have to have the app on your mobile and then link it in to the other device, which in my case is the firestick. One of the instructions did mention the mobile provider had to be the same as the broadband provider. Mine aren't the same.

Must admit I found the necessity to have the app on a Mobile phone and linking it a bit odd. Every other streaming app I've used has been downloadable direct to the firestick without fiddling around with mobiles. I'll give this latest one a whirl and also try the link Newmarket gave (Linkedin file). But if they don't work I'll settle for using Modbro.

Any case for the forseeable future all our games will be on Sky/BT so it's not a big issue at the moment. Thanks for all the input.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:35 am
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:08 am

Thanks for that. I have a google e mail but when I clicked on the link requesting me to log in using it nothing happened. Nada. I'm downloading it to my firestick, are you downloading to a PC , mobile or Nvidia ? I'm guessing this might be some sort of compatibility issue.
My guess is , knowing the inability to accessing the google play store on Amazon devices probably has something to do with it.

There is a way to side load it , as I did it on my sons kindle fire , by changing a few of the kindles settings.

But fuck knows how it’ll be done on a firestick.
I think you could well be right. I've just replied to SS latest post. He's provided another link and I'll also try downloading it from the filelinked file you came up with.

Tbh though I find the idea of having to download an app onto my mobile and then linking it to my firestick a bit of a ball ache. Every other app I've used has been downloadable straight to the Firestick without fucking about with mobiles.

In any case I'm guessing for the foreseeable future all our matches will continue to be shown on Sky/BT so I'll only have to rely on Bein Sports, via Mobdro, if I want to watch a Spanish game. It does sound as if this Potato Stream is one of the best so I would like it to test it out. Gives a bit of extra bargaining power when my Virgin contract comes up for renewal in a few months. At the moment I don't want to bin their service until I can be sure of top quality streams.

I said that last bit just in case you still think I'm happy paying Virgin Media. ;)

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

I definitely didn't use my phone to download it. I just used a browser in Nvidia originally but I have since tried to download with Downloader and it installed no problem. I just logged on with Gmail address and used it for about a month free but for the sake of a fiver for 3 months to stop having to click to get rid of adverts which weren't too obtrusive I thought it worth giving it a go even if it goes tits up after a few days which can always happen. I can only say I watched 3 games in a row the other w/end and it didn't buffer or lose the stream once. It's always worked great since I've been using it. When Vola Sports went I looked on Reddit and someone on there put me on to it. I'm sure you must be able to get both the free and premium versions on a firestick somehow.

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

https://www.howtogeek.com/216386/how-to ... -tv-stick/

I expect you already know but it seems Amazon try to make it difficult to get any apps not in their store. The above link seems to show a workaround and shows why you're having to use your phone whereas I didn't need to.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:23 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:41 pm

Just tried that. Bloody weird. Connected ok, downloaded ok, but when clicked on “open” it told me to sign in using google. So clicked on that and a message came on screen telling me to reload the app from www.potatostreams.com. So I connected to that site and got taken to a site called “Huge Domains” from whom I can apparently buy the site name for $5195 or if I prefer 24 payments of $216?46. :lol: :lol: :lol:
27844165 Is the file linked code if that helps ?
Entered that code in file linked but no sign of potato streams on the list that came up.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:06 pm
Newmarket wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:23 pm

27844165 Is the file linked code if that helps ?
Entered that code in file linked but no sign of potato streams on the list that came up.
Must be an out of date code my apologies , never used it myself .

Reality is that the way these sites are up and down like a yo-yo you’ll never truly cut the cord until you find a reliable iptv service .

Everybody loves a freebie but at the end of the day you not only get what you pay for but a whole lot more...

There are plenty out there and they are so cheap that you can try one for a couple of months or even chop & change a month at a time until you find one you consider reliable enough to finally be confident enough to fuck Virgin , or Sky or whatever.

Nothing to lose whatsoever.

I now subscribe to 2 services as they are cheap enough and I discovered last weekend that I could watch every singe league game that was played.

And by that I mean league one & two games as well , and today I’ve watched at least some of every FA Cup game played so far .

Now that is not only any football fans utopia but there are also a total of over 13k channels to keep Mrs Newmarket occupied as well as I get 2 connections per sub so that’s any 2 TVs and/or mobiles/tablets/pc’s in the house.
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:10 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:06 pm

Reality is that the way these sites are up and down like a yo-yo you’ll never truly cut the cord until you find a reliable iptv service .

Everybody loves a freebie but at the end of the day you not only get what you pay for but a whole lot more...

There are plenty out there and they are so cheap that you can try one for a couple of months or even chop & change a month at a time until you find one you consider reliable enough to finally be confident enough to fuck Virgin , or Sky or whatever.

I now subscribe to 2 services as they are cheap enough and I discovered last weekend that I could watch every singe league game that was played.

And by that I mean league one & two games as well , and today I’ve watched at least some of every FA Cup game played so far .

Now that is not only any football fans utopia but there are also a total of over 13k channels to keep Mrs Newmarket occupied as well as I get 2 connections per sub so that’s any 2 TVs and/or mobiles/tablets/pc’s in the house.
Only a matter of time before reliable IPTV arrives imo mate. But I think before then we'll see some sort of "season ticketing" subscription to the Sky/BT/Amazon lot. They must be well aware of the competition out there.

Speaking personally I'm not fussed about whether it goes tits up after a while or so but my gripe with most of the early IPTVs (much better now) was the quality of the streams which can only be described as crap. But the last year has seen a dramatic increase in quality. Maybe all these fucking lockdowns have given the teccies more time to sharpen up their acts . ;)

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:44 am
Newmarket wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:10 pm

Only a matter of time before reliable IPTV arrives imo mate. But I think before then we'll see some sort of "season ticketing" subscription to the Sky/BT/Amazon lot. They must be well aware of the competition out there.

Speaking personally I'm not fussed about whether it goes tits up after a while or so but my gripe with most of the early IPTVs (much better now) was the quality of the streams which can only be described as crap. But the last year has seen a dramatic increase in quality. Maybe all these fucking lockdowns have given the teccies more time to sharpen up their acts . ;)
Indeed mate . Some of my channels , mainly the movies , are already in 4K and even the odd grid iron game (as you’d expect 🇺🇸).

It’s only a matter of time before OUR footy gets the same treatment.
I can tell from the chat/q&a forums of my service that the PL is massive in the states.
Bring back Jonathon !

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Just a query to Firestick users : are you only able to download easily from the Amazon store?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Shortshanks wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:08 pm Just a query to Firestick users : are you only able to download easily from the Amazon store?
What do you mean by easily mate ?

I just sideload what I need through either :-
(In order of ease and preference)

The Troypoint Rapid app installer
Downloader
Aptoide.

The only stuff I get through Amazon that’s any use at all is the occasional tool app .

The important stuff including apps to get rid of all Amazon’s bloat ware has to be sideloaded.

Amazon ARE Cunts .
Bring back Jonathon !