Extremism.....

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
ToneLoc

Extremism.....

Post by ToneLoc »

Reflected on John Cleese-style.
Interested to get people's thoughts?

Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

mkhammer

Re: Extremism.....

Post by mkhammer »

One Thing I've discovered about Extremists...is how little knowledge they have of the thing they are extreme about...
Left or Right Makes no difference.....

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

mkhammer wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:52 pm One Thing I've discovered about Extremists...is how little knowledge they have of the thing they are extreme about...
For all of them it is about the self.Their self projection.The people on BLM marches to the youtube ranters. It makes people feel better about them selves and is a kind of low resolution vanity stimulant. Like the boy in the fable who was beguiled by his own beautiful reflection in water.

It's a powerful phenomena,very human and an appalling trait that can lead to terrible emotional corruption. That path almost always leads to futility and personal dishonor.

Virtually all mental disorders at their root have this common cause. As we say,it's interesting shit

MFY66

Post by MFY66 »

As a former Marxist, I can give my own experience of this.

A lot of it is about virtue signalling, based upon a blind zeal that you are more virtuous than thou. The same often applies to the radical Right too.

A pearl of wisdom from the journalist Peter Hitchens: ‘it’s hard to reasonably debate somebody when they hate you’. And this is the utter truth of trying to engage with radical ideologues on either side of the scale — just remember that they’ve decided they hate you *as a person* the moment you said you don’t agree with them. I’m a bit of a softy and hate it when people on the hard Left call me names for my views, but it helps to remind myself of this simple fact. As a former Marxist I know — these people will only stop hating you when you adhere to their worldview.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:54 pm
mkhammer wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:52 pm One Thing I've discovered about Extremists...is how little knowledge they have of the thing they are extreme about...
For all of them it is about the self.Their self projection.The people on BLM marches to the youtube ranters. It makes people feel better about them selves and is a kind of low resolution vanity stimulant. Like the boy in the fable who was beguiled by his own beautiful reflection in water.

It's a powerful phenomena,very human and an appalling trait that can lead to terrible emotional corruption. That path almost always leads to futility and personal dishonor.

Virtually all mental disorders at their root have this common cause. As we say,it's interesting shit

A lot of the stuff we've been on about on here recently...all comes together to radicalise someone..so they become "extreme"
Peer pressure(one kneeing ...footie),the black power salute from Sterling,will get youngsters copying,checking it out..that's
cool...next thing,they're all buying black gloves...and....we have a problem...so easily done.
Easily led(Sheep)...just don't wanna be left out,so you join in...a gang of 20/30 kids will follow just one or twos guidance,
purely cos they're bigger stronger,harder ,smarter.
I say kids but it goes right to your mid 20s...you're very easy to manipulate.....but top off the tree is the old experienced bods
with a grudge/chip on the shoulder...or believe in some crap that may or not have been written by some other bods
thousands of years ago....
In a way it's a form of slavery itself...getting and controlling people to do your bidding.

You really want to win an argument...you need to know the opposite argument as well as your own opinions...
99% of people have no interest in extreme views...so all your ranting an raving gets you absolutely nowhere..
talk to someone...explain, have a discussing..they'll get your point...they might just might start seeing things differently,
or at least appreciate your opinion..

Pulling down Statues and the like will alienate people.......as does abusing someone cos they have a different colour
skin to you..

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

MFY66 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:15 pm As a former Marxist, I can give my own experience of this.

A lot of it is about virtue signalling, based upon a blind zeal that you are more virtuous than thou. The same often applies to the radical Right too.

A pearl of wisdom from the journalist Peter Hitchens: ‘it’s hard to reasonably debate somebody when they hate you’. And this is the utter truth of trying to engage with radical ideologues on either side of the scale — just remember that they’ve decided they hate you *as a person* the moment you said you don’t agree with them. I’m a bit of a softy and hate it when people on the hard Left call me names for my views, but it helps to remind myself of this simple fact. As a former Marxist I know — these people will only stop hating you when you adhere to their worldview.
Yes mate....my personal thing as a kid just getting interested in politics was very much a slightly left...working class
not exactly a power to the people thing..but it was there...my Grandad was a fully paid up Commie....Strange one
he was a Naval Officer...but loved him to bits,dad was staunch Labour...so you follow suit.
Then thought Surely best way must be the Middle ground..see both sides...became a Liberal..a Serious one...member
of young Libs ...posters meetings the works...

Thatcher got into power, being just a kid....absolutely hated her....Rich Loving extremist who cares fuck all about the
working classes.......I'm serious....worst thing that can happen to this country...middle ground is the only way to go...

But over time Started to listen and understand...how things work...Finances,Economics...Trade...Started to get it...
At the time my old man had moved us out of London to work in the Luton Car Factories...Chrysler then Vauxhalls...
was never at work...Always Always on Strike...Work to rules....he brought a Shop Steward home once he was mates
with...quite a high up bod.....He Says to me roughing my hair....THEY might think they run the Company..(Owners)
they're wrong...WE do.......think that was a life changer......remember thinking that can't be right surely....
If your always striking nothings being produced...the Company make no money....you don't get paid,and the company
will eventually go bust or whatever...which is what exactly happened..

Coalminers car workers, transport workers all demanding 20/30 % pay rises every year...striking if they didn't get it...
Country was pretty much fucked...controlled by the Trade Unions practically.

So Thatch starts to turn things around....thought it was incredible...started to listen and read what she meant...
Won me over...

But tell People you supported Thatcher and some will hate you...seriously hate you...had people wanting to punch my lights
out.....you can't talk to them...they can't see past the Hatred.......it's such a shame....but she was pissing Elections...so what
the hell.
I find most people that side of politics(the Right)...will listen and tolerate people that sit on the left...but the guys and girls
on the left have no time for the other side to a point of dislike.....always found that a strange one...

Oziron
Director of Avatars

Post by Oziron »

MFY66 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:15 pm As a former Marxist, I can give my own experience of this.

From following Karl Marx to quoting that cunt Peter Hitchens is quite a political leap.....(You didn't used to be a Millwall fan per chance... ;) ;) )

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

mkhammer wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:10 pm

Coalminers car workers, transport workers all demanding 20/30 % pay rises every year...striking if they didn't get it...
It's this kind of exaggeration that makes it hard to take you seriously, mate.

In real terms miners went from earning (on average) 20% more than those in manufacturing jobs to around 5% less in two decades. It was a hard, dangerous, dirty job.
And let's not forget these were the days before the rise of workers rights and health and safety.

If you can't see both sides of the argument, you should put a tick in your bias column.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

h69

Post by h69 »

Neville Bartos wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:48 pm

In real terms miners went from earning (on average) 20% more than those in manufacturing jobs to around 5% less in two decades. It was a hard, dangerous, dirty job.
And let's not forget these were the days before the rise of workers rights and health and safety.

If you can't see both sides of the argument, you should put a tick in your bias column.
Thats true but also you should factor in that some of the mines were making a huge loss and needed to be shut. Not nice but why keep a loss making mine ? All this raged against by Arthur Scargill. The same man that had his flat paid for in the Barbican by the NUM.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Neville Bartos wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:48 pm

Yeah I was wrong........If you dont wanna take me seriously.....entirely up to you mate....... :D

http://www.agor.org.uk/cwm/themes/event ... trikes.asp