First car

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
BillyDWhizz

Re: What Car Do We All Drive

Post by BillyDWhizz »

I very recently purchased a 2004 ML500 for an absolute steal, carried out some minor repairs and maintenance, had the thing professionally valeted and then drove it down to our Caravan (yeah, yeah I know, fuck off) near Barmouth. Within about 10 mins the Brummie bloke opposite who I knew was in the market to replace his ageing Ranger Rover offered me £900 quid more than I paid for it. Now, I'm not saying I bought the Merc just to flip in within a few days to this bloke but... :D
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

h69

Post by h69 »

BMW 530d MSport but will be getting a new Porsche Cayenne Turbo in about a month or so.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

h69 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:37 am BMW 530d MSport but will be getting a new Porsche Cayenne Turbo in about a month or so.
Swerve the Porsche, mate. If you want a sporty SUV get an X5M or wait for the SQ8.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

h69

Post by h69 »

Neville Bartos wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:38 pm
h69 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:37 am BMW 530d MSport but will be getting a new Porsche Cayenne Turbo in about a month or so.
Swerve the Porsche, mate. If you want a sporty SUV get an X5M or wait for the SQ8.
Don't like the X5 and I have always had BMWs the last 10 years so want something different....I test drove the Cayenne Turbo and it was a nice drive to be honest. I actually liked the Macan S as well but need something bigger for deriving to and from Germany.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

h69 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:16 pm
Neville Bartos wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:38 pm

Don't like the X5 and I have always had BMWs the last 10 years so want something different....I test drove the Cayenne Turbo and it was a nice drive to be honest. I actually liked the Macan S as well but need something bigger for deriving to and from Germany.
Horses for courses I guess, mate. I just thought the Cayenne was a bit pricey compared to the other two.
I'm just too tight fisted to not put vfm as top priority. :D
I did like the Q8 though. I think it's all the tech, and of course all that vorsprung durch technik.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

h69

Post by h69 »

Neville Bartos wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:57 pm
h69 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:16 pm

Horses for courses I guess, mate. I just thought the Cayenne was a bit pricey compared to the other two.
I did like the Q8 though. I think it's all the tech, and of course all that vorsprung durch technik.
I might have gone for the Q8 but I think if I remember rightly it is a Diesel only car and I am trying to get away from Diesel. One of the reasons I like the Cayenne is that they are all petrol now.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

h69 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:48 pm
Neville Bartos wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:57 pm

I might have gone for the Q8 but I think if I remember rightly it is a Diesel only car and I am trying to get away from Diesel. One of the reasons I like the Cayenne is that they are all petrol now.
You are spot on, mate. The 50 and the SQ8 are both Diesel. You'd need the upcoming RSQ8 for a petrol engine. It should be a cracker though, a 670bhp V8 hybrid.
Is the Cayenne a hybrid? That seems to be the way high performance petrol engines are going.

h69

Post by h69 »

Neville Bartos wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:39 pm
h69 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:48 pm

You are spot on, mate. The 50 and the SQ8 are both Diesel. You'd need the upcoming RSQ8 for a petrol engine. It should be a cracker though, a 670bhp V8 hybrid.
Is the Cayenne a hybrid? That seems to be the way high performance petrol engines are going.
No. There is a Cayenne hybrid which is similar to the 'S' but given my company give me a fuel card, I am going for the Turbo for now though if I changed jobs I would seriously consider it.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

All week in an Isuzu Tradepack and go quoting weekends in a hilux dual cab 4x4.
Boss just bought herself a Ford Escape. I think they're called kugas over there but Ford thought middle aged milfy types wouldn't buy them with a name like that.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

tassiehammer wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:49 pm All week in an Isuzu Tradepack and go quoting weekends in a hilux dual cab 4x4.
Boss just bought herself a Ford Escape. I think they're called kugas over there but Ford thought middle aged milfy types wouldn't buy them with a name like that.
No Ute ?
Bring back Jonathon !