First car

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Parry Hotter

What Car Do We All Drive

Post by Parry Hotter »

I think a car tells a lot about people. Cant imagine numnuts in a 4x4 can you ? I'll kick it off. My car is a 5 year old white Renault Megane. What about you lot.

BillyDWhizz

Re: What Car Do We All Drive

Post by BillyDWhizz »

06 Nissan Almera Tino and until last week a Renault Megane II GT - Heap of French crap, the electrics on the thing I think were wired by Stevie fucking Wonder. I'm currently in negotiations with the Mrs to let me buy a Jaaaaaaaaaaag. It's about 50/50 at the moment but I suspect she's holding out for some kind of bribery in the shape of a fucking Rattan garden set she's had her eye on for a while.

Seriously though, the Nissan is just a run about I picked up for £650, it's not pretty but it's a brilliant car - 40+ odd miles to the gallon (petrol) even when packed with the wife, 3 grandkids and a shit load of camping equipment whilst going up and down winding Snowdonian roads. I'd recommend one to anyone looking for a cheap, uber reliable and well built car- I really can't knock it, most chuffed I've been with one of my cheapy run abouts ever.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Peugeot 208 gti.

Parry Hotter

Post by Parry Hotter »

Thread aint had many hits so I'll have a go at guessing . Palerider I thought you was more of a family saloon bloke so I aint no good at this game but I'll have a go. Newmarket=some 4x4, Nev=something sporty and quick, Tone=open top, Whiskey=Porshe, Andy=Jag, Terry=family saloon. How do I do guys.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Parry Hotter wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:41 am Thread aint had many hits so I'll have a go at guessing . Palerider I thought you was more of a family saloon bloke so I aint no good at this game but I'll have a go. Newmarket=some 4x4, Nev=something sporty and quick, Tone=open top, Whiskey=Porshe, Andy=Jag, Terry=family saloon. How do I do guys.
I did indeed have a family saloon mate until 2 years ago when my daughter moved out. The old Peugeot was falling apart by then so I went to the dealership in Bristol with an open mind, and I saw the 208.

Why not ?

Probably trying to reclaim my lost youth and definitely not the car of a 60 (ish) year old but it does go like shit off a shovel.

Ps. Newmarket has a 1958 gold cadillac with a leopard-skin soft top which he drives around south Essex at 4am to pick up his bitches.

grandad

Post by grandad »

Mercedes C220 soon to be a Audi though once lease is up
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

palerider wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:13 am
Parry Hotter wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:41 am Thread aint had many hits so I'll have a go at guessing . Palerider I thought you was more of a family saloon bloke so I aint no good at this game but I'll have a go. Newmarket=some 4x4, Nev=something sporty and quick, Tone=open top, Whiskey=Porshe, Andy=Jag, Terry=family saloon. How do I do guys.
I did indeed have a family saloon mate until 2 years ago when my daughter moved out. The old Peugeot was falling apart by then so I went to the dealership in Bristol with an open mind, and I saw the 208.

Why not ?

Probably trying to reclaim my lost youth and definitely not the car of a 60 (ish) year old but it does go like shit off a shovel.

Ps. Newmarket has a 1958 gold cadillac with a leopard-skin soft top which he drives around south Essex at 4am to pick up his bitches.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Just seen Gonzo in his ride...

Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Cheeky sod. Bloody Porsche indeed. :( Sadly those days are well behind me mate. Last one of them I had was just after I came back from Germany after working there for a spell in the 80's. Had one out there and brought it back with me and kept it for about 18 months. Since then I've always been a Merc man up until last year when for a change I bought a white BMW530e. But I confess on occasions, admittedly rare, to have driven Mrs W's 66 plate blue Focus.

But I do disguise myself heavily before leaving the house. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Parry Hotter

Post by Parry Hotter »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:07 pm
Cheeky sod. Bloody Porsche indeed. :( Sadly those days are well behind me mate. Last one of them I had was just after I came back from Germany after working there for a spell in the 80's. Had one out there and brought it back with me and kept it for about 18 months. Since then I've always been a Merc man up until last year when for a change I bought a white BMW530e. But I confess on occasions, admittedly rare, to have driven Mrs W's 66 plate blue Focus.

But I do disguise myself heavily before leaving the house. ;)
Wasnt taking the piss whiskey but knew you was in the city and i thought all the city boys had porshes back in Maggys day.