Twatter

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
h69

Re: Twatter

Post by h69 »

mkhammer wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:34 pm What we have to ask ourselves is...WHO said and gave the order for a ban...a Democrat or a Republican leaner...
Was it one persons call or a vote of some kind..who actually decides.

Even with the News Channels in the States you now what your gonna get...Fox..CNN Both spin for opposite sides,
everyone knows that...but if things like Twatter have a political bias...could lead to a whole heap of trouble.
Any social media site that decides they dont like Trumps politics but they do like BLM so they ban one and not the other is in the wrong.

Both are as bad as each other but you cant start filtering it to your own ends. People were killed when BLM stoked up all that racist stuff after a fucking criminal was shot.

I am not for them to be banned but its as big if not bugger bollocks than the stuff Trump spouts. That Forest player got it right in my opinion.

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

h69 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:04 pm
BillyDWhizz wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:32 pm

I'm sorry but when the individual in question is advocating anarchy, promoting disorder and encouraging violence backed with thinly veiled threats then of course the social media site has a right to remove them from their platform. If someone tweets, uses the N word and gets banned, no one in their right mind comes to their defence citing freedom of speech.

You're acting as if Twitter is a federal organisation. It isn't, it's not a government mouthpiece, it's an independent entity and is free to police itself as it sees fit and THAT's where the 1st amendment applies to it. Add to that the fact that seditious conspiracy is a federal offence in the US and all of a sudden the "free speech" argument for Trump collapses.

Listen, I get it, and of course there are people from both ends of the political spectrum who need muzzling and perhaps, after all this has blown over they will be. There certainly needs new rules to be put in to place to determine what is acceptable as free speech on social media sites and what isn't - but that's a whole new can of worms.

At the end of the day Trump has used social media not to enhance the democratic process within the US but to subvert it. Nothing he has said or done was for the benefit of the Union, no, everything he did was designed to create his own personal one party Republic of Trumptonia and that should've been a worry not to just Americans but to all of us who do believe in democracy.
Thats exactly it. It is not a federal organisation and should have no power of veto. Since when did a software company decide what we can and cannot say. Whether you like what he did or not, there is a democratic process that allows people to vote someone in or vote them out. That must be the only way.

Did you see what Trump actually wrote ? I could find 10 times worse on twitter in 5 mins but funnily enough they are not banned. Who said Trump needs to use social media to enhance the union or you get banned......is that in the Ts and Cs ?

Like I said....asking people to march on the Capitol is no different than those idiots who asked people to March on Westminster. For another referendum vote.....or indeed the Black Lives Matter Marxist group encouraging violence and destruction of buildings or property...or Corbyn praising Terrorists. I dont like what they say either but I bet they don't get banned.

The fucking left....always the same, don't subscribe to their lazy self centered view of the world....silence it.

By the way..if you use the N word you don't get banned by twitter.....you get a 12 hour suspension.
What a load of inane bollocks !! Should hang your head in shame.

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

Shortshanks wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:22 pm
h69 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:04 pm

Thats exactly it. It is not a federal organisation and should have no power of veto. Since when did a software company decide what we can and cannot say. Whether you like what he did or not, there is a democratic process that allows people to vote someone in or vote them out. That must be the only way.

Did you see what Trump actually wrote ? I could find 10 times worse on twitter in 5 mins but funnily enough they are not banned. Who said Trump needs to use social media to enhance the union or you get banned......is that in the Ts and Cs ?

Like I said....asking people to march on the Capitol is no different than those idiots who asked people to March on Westminster. For another referendum vote.....or indeed the Black Lives Matter Marxist group encouraging violence and destruction of buildings or property...or Corbyn praising Terrorists. I dont like what they say either but I bet they don't get banned.

The fucking left....always the same, don't subscribe to their lazy self centered view of the world....silence it.

By the way..if you use the N word you don't get banned by twitter.....you get a 12 hour suspension.
How so? Twitter have been complicit in pushing a left-wing agenda. Peaceful protests by Marxist left wing BLM that torched large parts of America. Fully supported a stolen election and shadow banned anyone who supported Trump

Back your statement with fact, or you are guilty of the accusation you just made.
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Ironworksfc wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:42 pm
Shortshanks wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:22 pm

How so? Twitter have been complicit in pushing a left-wing agenda. Peaceful protests by Marxist left wing BLM that torched large parts of America. Fully supported a stolen election and shadow banned anyone who supported Trump

Back your statement with fact, or you are guilty of the accusation you just made.
It wasn't stolen , even his own sane supporters admit that. Trump is a crook and fascist (again the name given to him openly now by some of his previous lackeys who are jumping ship now the bully has been deposed) who doesn't give a fuck about free speech or democracy. And what a brain dead load of rabble his supporters turned out to be or were they Marxists lol. . I think you will find the so-called protests were carried out peacefully by decent people until Trump's fascist thugs intervened.

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

Shortshanks wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:44 am

It wasn't stolen , even his own sane supporters admit that. Trump is a crook and fascist (again the name given to him openly now by some of his previous lackeys who are jumping ship now the bully has been deposed) who doesn't give a fuck about free speech or democracy. And what a brain dead load of rabble his supporters turned out to be or were they Marxists lol. . I think you will find the so-called protests were carried out peacefully by decent people until Trump's fascist thugs intervened.
Nope not stolen, observers sent home with Trump clearly winning and then bam in the middle of the night enough Biden votes to turn the result the other way.
Trump has done more for the average American than many previous Presidents, that's why he has so clearly and visually, huge amount of support.
If you believe that "storming" of Capitol Hill, wasn't staged, the moon is made from cheese.
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

h69

Post by h69 »

So he should be banned because people call him a fascist or was he banned because he has a brain dead rabble ? So is Piers Morgan and he is still going strong ? It is not for twitter to decide who they want.

And which peaceful protests were you talking about ?....the BLM wankers who pulled down the statues and rioted in Minneapolis because of some fucking criminal who would not do what he was told.

The fucking left dont like to be called out do they. Corbyn ran an anti-semitic party for years and he is not banned.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

:lol: :lol:

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

h69 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:33 am

Free speech is central to a democracy. It is very worrying that Social media sites decide on who gets a platform and who does not.
I'm sorry but when the individual in question is advocating anarchy, promoting disorder and encouraging violence backed with thinly veiled threats then of course the social media site has a right to remove them from their platform. If someone tweets, uses the N word and gets banned, no one in their right mind comes to their defence citing freedom of speech.

You're acting as if Twitter is a federal organisation. It isn't, it's not a government mouthpiece, it's an independent entity and is free to police itself as it sees fit and THAT's where the 1st amendment applies to it. Add to that the fact that seditious conspiracy is a federal offence in the US and all of a sudden the "free speech" argument for Trump collapses.

Listen, I get it, and of course there are people from both ends of the political spectrum who need muzzling and perhaps, after all this has blown over they will be. There certainly needs new rules to be put in to place to determine what is acceptable as free speech on social media sites and what isn't - but that's a whole new can of worms.

At the end of the day Trump has used social media not to enhance the democratic process within the US but to subvert it. Nothing he has said or done was for the benefit of the Union, no, everything he did was designed to create his own personal one party Republic of Trumptonia and that should've been a worry not to just Americans but to all of us who do believe in democracy.
But who polices them Bill..the so called independents...who may or may not have a Bias,politically or otherwise.

Trump was democratically using the US system as it is into power by the Public...Twatter on the other hand...who
knows who has the final say there...it's not Transparent...
Could be a Bunch of Communists.....Thats a Joke...but you get my drift.

Someone HAS to police them...and that has to be a democratically elected administration...not the other way round...

I'm not defending Trump here.....Indeed like you say,the Bloke has used it to his advantage,like he does everything
and everyone.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

mkhammer wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:17 pm

But who polices them Bill..the so called independents...who may or may not have a Bias,politically or otherwise.

Trump was democratically using the US system as it is into power by the Public...Twatter on the other hand...who

Someone HAS to police them...and that has to be a democratically elected administration...not the other way round...

I'm not defending Trump here.....Indeed like you say,the Bloke has used it to his advantage,like he does everything
and everyone.
People normally get asked to leave ,booted-out ,slung-out, barred, when they have acted a big cunt. Pubs, Restaurants, Football grounds, Aircraft etc.
They don't get sanctioned for their views.

Twitter suspended Trumps account for acting the big cunt. That's on him, no other explanation or investigation needs exploring.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:40 pm
mkhammer wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:17 pm

and everyone.
People normally get asked to leave ,booted-out ,slung-out, barred, when they have acted a big cunt. Pubs, Restaurants, Football grounds, Aircraft etc.
They don't get sanctioned for their views.

Twitter suspended Trumps account for acting the big cunt. That's on him, no other explanation or investigation needs exploring.
Very good point mate,how do we know tho thats the reasoning...and not something else..politically motivated.
Yes even Presidents shouldn't be beyond Social Justice....

Never Ending Argument...fucked if I really Know the Answer...Who Polices the Police and who Polices them and them and them.. :lol: