Music

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
User avatar
JayK
Posts: 7010
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:12 am
Location: Essex
x 511
x 106

Re: Music

Post by JayK »

mkhammer wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:06 pm
This ..just been discovered somewhere in old the old stones recordings...Features Jimmy Page .....just a bit of a Jam
session that Mick can't remember... :lol: ...Page does, filled every one in on what happened....Jimmy Hung around after
Zeps Session ...Keith said join in for a bit...never got released tho...
How can you forget Working with Page........mind you was during their "Partying" years.... :lol:





Also this...Big Hero of mine Peter Green (Fleetwood Mac Founder) Died Last week....So Sad,he was brilliant...

When I was 14/15 or so Brought my Mum Albatross as a present...not the first release..not that F.in old.... :lol:
Mainly cos I liked it as well.....
I flipped it over and played the B side...was this...completely blew me away...never knew music like that existed...
Maybe still the Best Slow Blues ever heard....
There's nothing quite like a quality bit of guitaring. Amazing guitarists were rife back then. What a great era. Brian May and Slash are the last 2 mainstream guitarists I can think of. Such a shame.
COYI!!!

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 6129
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 64
x 119

Re: Music

Post by mkhammer »

This was released 45 years ago today... :shock:

Best Album of all time...well one of my dozen best of all time......but this one maybe is.... or is it...... :lol:

Random Song Choice....they're all Brilliant....Jungleland ..well,how the fuck can you write something like that...Genius...




User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 6129
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 64
x 119

Re: Music

Post by mkhammer »

John Henry Boham left us 40 years ago Yesterday....made what would have been maybe the best Band ever into
THE Best band ever...
The Power/Timing,how he drove the songs along...just Brilliant..
Like a lot of drummers lived on the edge a bit...
Theres a Story of how and him and Keith Moon were chasing Peter Frampton round a hotel with a pair of scissors,going to
cut his hair off,had to lock himself in room and call security.... :lol:



User avatar
Newmarket
Posts: 13002
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 10:03 pm
x 238
x 228

Re: Music

Post by Newmarket »

mkhammer wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:56 am
John Henry Boham left us 40 years ago Yesterday....made what would have been maybe the best Band ever into
THE Best band ever...
The Power/Timing,how he drove the songs along...just Brilliant..
Like a lot of drummers lived on the edge a bit...
Theres a Story of how and him and Keith Moon were chasing Peter Frampton round a hotel with a pair of scissors,going to
cut his hair off,had to lock himself in room and call security.... :lol:


👍🏻


Bring back Jonathon !

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 6129
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 64
x 119

Re: Music

Post by mkhammer »

Newmarket wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:16 pm
mkhammer wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:56 am
John Henry Boham left us 40 years ago Yesterday....made what would have been maybe the best Band ever into
THE Best band ever...
The Power/Timing,how he drove the songs along...just Brilliant..
Like a lot of drummers lived on the edge a bit...
Theres a Story of how and him and Keith Moon were chasing Peter Frampton round a hotel with a pair of scissors,going to
cut his hair off,had to lock himself in room and call security.... :lol:


👍🏻


Never been the biggest fan of long drum solos at gigs TBH....but this is another level...Love it.... :D

User avatar
Newmarket
Posts: 13002
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 10:03 pm
x 238
x 228

Re: Music

Post by Newmarket »

mkhammer wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:41 am
Newmarket wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:16 pm


👍🏻


Never been the biggest fan of long drum solos at gigs TBH....but this is another level...Love it.... :D
Know what you mean but there was always a strategic reason for it in Zeppelin’s case .

If you were ever lucky enough to see them live you’ll know they would be onstage for upwards of 3 and a half hours so the drum solo would mean a decent rest for the other 3 , Bonzo’s time out/Vodka top up would come during the acoustic segment (Bron y ar etc) later .

Preaching to the converted , it’s what I do :D
Bring back Jonathon !

User avatar
JayK
Posts: 7010
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:12 am
Location: Essex
x 511
x 106

Re: Music

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:16 pm
mkhammer wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:56 am
John Henry Boham left us 40 years ago Yesterday....made what would have been maybe the best Band ever into
THE Best band ever...
The Power/Timing,how he drove the songs along...just Brilliant..
Like a lot of drummers lived on the edge a bit...
Theres a Story of how and him and Keith Moon were chasing Peter Frampton round a hotel with a pair of scissors,going to
cut his hair off,had to lock himself in room and call security.... :lol:


👍🏻


I gotta be honest.....I'd be lying if I said I didn't expect a tribe of Zulus to arrive on stage halfway through that solo.

What unbelievable energy, speed and coordination though. How you can be so quick to the point I was seeing trailers off his hands and arms and yet still be so coordinated is beyond me. And to have the energy to do a 15 minutes solo halfway through a long gig like that. Amazing 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

And I'm like MK. Not really a fan of drum solos. Definitely more a guitar fan.
COYI!!!

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 6129
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 64
x 119

Re: Music

Post by mkhammer »

Been like a little kid waiting in all day for this to arrive,released today the E-Streets new one,Bruce is on it
as well... :lol:

Totally Biased,but it's brilliant...Big man Clarences' son Jake on Sax ....Band are really firing on this one,then again they
always do..unbelievably good.
Random choice to put up...but the riff on this only the E street band can do...."If I was the priest" is just genius on it,a nod to
Dylan...but it's 7 minuter...


User avatar
Newmarket
Posts: 13002
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 10:03 pm
x 238
x 228

Re: Music

Post by Newmarket »

mkhammer wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:37 pm
Been like a little kid waiting in all day for this to arrive,released today the E-Streets new one,Bruce is on it
as well... :lol:

Totally Biased,but it's brilliant...Big man Clarences' son Jake on Sax ....Band are really firing on this one,then again they
always do..unbelievably good.
Random choice to put up...but the riff on this only the E street band can do...."If I was the priest" is just genius on it,a nod to
Dylan...but it's 7 minuter...

Could never see what the fuss was about tbh
Bring back Jonathon !

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 6129
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 64
x 119

Re: Music

Post by mkhammer »

Newmarket wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:16 pm
mkhammer wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:37 pm
Been like a little kid waiting in all day for this to arrive,released today the E-Streets new one,Bruce is on it
as well... :lol:

Totally Biased,but it's brilliant...Big man Clarences' son Jake on Sax ....Band are really firing on this one,then again they
always do..unbelievably good.
Random choice to put up...but the riff on this only the E street band can do...."If I was the priest" is just genius on it,a nod to
Dylan...but it's 7 minuter...

Could never see what the fuss was about tbh
Really Mr N ...not a fan of Springsteen then.....

Gotta admit I do kinda Hero worship him....

Was Just thinking hope all the big Concerts aren't a thing of the past....nothing better than the E steets live..
I'll fuckin miss that...

Post Reply