Music

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Neville Bartos

Re: Music

Post by Neville Bartos »

JayK wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:00 am
OZHAMMER wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:36 am

That’s more like it...
Absolutely love comfortably numb so much. Thanks for that 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

Edit: just realised it was Nev who posted it. Thanks Nev 👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽
My favourite Pink Floyd tune. I think I prefer this live version to the original.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Neville Bartos wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:02 pm
JayK wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:00 am

Absolutely love comfortably numb so much. Thanks for that 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

Edit: just realised it was Nev who posted it. Thanks Nev 👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽
My favourite Pink Floyd tune. I think I prefer this live version to the original.
Which live version is that ? :lol:

I agree though , it was always better live .
And I mean real live not live video .
Bring back Jonathon !

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:07 pm
Neville Bartos wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:02 pm

Dunno if you guys have ever seen the Australian Pink Floyd. As tribute bands go, these guys are fuckin amazing!!!

Seen them twice at Southend’s cliffs pavilion. The guy taking David Gilmours role the 1st time was outstanding. Replacement guy (coz the 1st got seriously sick I believe) wasn’t as good as the 1st but was still good. Can’t find footage of the 1st geezer though unfortunately.
COYI!!!

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

mkhammer wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:13 pm
OZHAMMER wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:57 am
Brilliant.....Dylan and Tom Petty pay Homage to Springsteen...

Jersey Girl...Stolen car...State Trooper...highway 99...Mansion on the hill..Thunder Road..the river..

Great Song....
Wow. I love music trivia, but had no idea of this. You’ve gone up a couple of pegs in my book MK... Thanks.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

OZHAMMER wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:10 am
mkhammer wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:13 pm

Brilliant.....Dylan and Tom Petty pay Homage to Springsteen...

Jersey Girl...Stolen car...State Trooper...highway 99...Mansion on the hill..Thunder Road..the river..

Great Song....
Wow. I love music trivia, but had no idea of this. You’ve gone up a couple of pegs in my book MK... Thanks.
Credited Jersey girl to Springsteen there....it's a Tom Waits song....sorry Tom...
as an apology....there's a version out there of a duet him and the boss doing it...
but this is wonderful..

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

JayK wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:10 am
Newmarket wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:07 pm

Dunno if you guys have ever seen the Australian Pink Floyd. As tribute bands go, these guys are fuckin amazing!!!

Seen them twice at Southend’s cliffs pavilion. The guy taking David Gilmours role the 1st time was outstanding. Replacement guy (coz the 1st got seriously sick I believe) wasn’t as good as the 1st but was still good. Can’t find footage of the 1st geezer though unfortunately.
Heard em but never seen em Jay .

The Floyd shows at Docklands arena in ‘89 remain one of my highlights though , flying Pig Et al .
Bring back Jonathon !

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Pink Floyd...

Used to go in a Pub in Brighton...The Ranelagh...Blues pub,bout the size of most peoples living
rooms... :lol: ...but would still squeeze a band in..
Roger Waters used to get in there a fair bit...said hi couple times....first time saw him as walked
in...just stood by the door opened mouthed staring..is it......he's mate pointed me out to him
he waved and started laughing...I felt like a 15 year old school girl..

This Bloke walked in one time...says...I've written a song...oh right Roger goes.....yeah it's Punk...
...well that aint fuckin hard is it,he goes....so funny,felt sorry for the bloke tho...his face...

He used to come round with the whip for the singer/band...always felt a bit obligated to whack a
fiver in,instead of the usual couple quid.... :lol:

Never told him my Fave Floyd bloke was Gilmore tho......

Ranelaghs gone now....as a blues Boozer anyway,it's in Kemptown....the Gays finally got it..
Shame loved it in there..

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:54 am
JayK wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:10 am

Heard em but never seen em Jay .

The Floyd shows at Docklands arena in ‘89 remain one of my highlights though , flying Pig Et al .
They’ll never match the real deal mate but if you ever get chance to go see them, they play at the Cliffs Pavillion every year. I’ve heard the Brit tribute band is pretty good too but not seen or heard them yet.

One gig I woulda paid top dollar for was a Floyd gig. You lucky lucky man 😎
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

mkhammer wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:11 am Pink Floyd...

Used to go in a Pub in Brighton...The Ranelagh...Blues pub,bout the size of most peoples living
rooms... :lol: ...but would still squeeze a band in..
Roger Waters used to get in there a fair bit...said hi couple times....first time saw him as walked
in...just stood by the door opened mouthed staring..is it......he's mate pointed me out to him
he waved and started laughing...I felt like a 15 year old school girl..

This Bloke walked in one time...says...I've written a song...oh right Roger goes.....yeah it's Punk...
...well that aint fuckin hard is it,he goes....so funny,felt sorry for the bloke tho...his face...

He used to come round with the whip for the singer/band...always felt a bit obligated to whack a
fiver in,instead of the usual couple quid.... :lol:

Never told him my Fave Floyd bloke was Gilmore tho......

Ranelaghs gone now....as a blues Boozer anyway,it's in Kemptown....the Gays finally got it..
Shame loved it in there..
That’s a great story MK!! Tried but never really got into his solo stuff. Same for Gilmour to be fair though.
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

This might not be anyone’s cup of tea really but I enjoyed this album. From what I’ve heard, Pink Floyd don’t normally approve of these sort of things but apparently they loved it (who knows 🤷🏻‍♂️). Anyway, reggae version of dark side of the moon. Full album so you can go find your fave song.
COYI!!!