The Mogg is circling...

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
1985whu

Re: The Mogg is circling...

Post by 1985whu »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:12 pm Jacob Rees-Mogg, the man who doesn't want to be Prime Minister (but secretly really, really, really does) bangs in a letter of no confidence to the 1922 committee - you know, just to start the old ball rolling. Quelle surprise! May looks to be ending in November this year. :lol:
The country has gone to ratshit. Official. When's the next general election?

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

1985whu wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:16 pm
BillyDWhizz wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:12 pm Jacob Rees-Mogg, the man who doesn't want to be Prime Minister (but secretly really, really, really does) bangs in a letter of no confidence to the 1922 committee - you know, just to start the old ball rolling. Quelle surprise! May looks to be ending in November this year. :lol:
Boris won't call a GE, only way we'll get rid of this particular sheep tick is either by a coups d'état or a nice large revolution! Vive la republique, eat the rich and all that!! :lol:
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:00 pm As an alternative to Corbyns Kremlin I’d rather mop head in charge.
I'd rather have martial law than either of them to be brutally honest.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

1985whu

Post by 1985whu »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:52 pm
1985whu wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:16 pm

Boris won't call a GE, only way we'll get rid of this particular sheep tick is either by a coups d'état or a nice large revolution! Vive la republique, eat the rich and all that!! :lol:
Billy mate, you've heard of the phrase "dig your own grave"? Let Boris do it (and he will). A general election cant be stopped, it has to happen every so many years. So when it does, he'll be fcuked and so will the Tories. Struggling people have been left behind for far too long. Social care is fcuked, homeslessness, mental health issues affecting millions. And yet when you ask a Tory what they'd do about it they pretend that it's an issue that they care about and then they answer that they'd tackle it by giving the well off tax cuts because it would help their businesses and thus they could employ more people and get them out of poverty. The motherfuckers haven't got a clue. Gove- I got into politics to help the poor. No you didn't you spammy-faced spawney-eyed muthafucka, you did it purely for ambition. It's a load of old dog's cock, like we hear from May when she took the keys to No10. The Tories do not serve the poor, only Daily Mail reading muthafucking nimbys.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

Boris Johnson's desperation to become Britain's very own Trump continues apace I see.
Lying about kippers now. You do wonder why, but I guess when you want to condition the public to accept bullshit, starting with small insignificances is the first step.

It's also great to see the tories in lock step on Brexit. Hammond suggesting we'll be tens of billions worse off with a no deal and Mogg suggesting the opposite.
I guess what that shows is that our economic future depends on ideology rather than facts and figures.

What a time to be alive. With monumentally important decisions to be made, we have the worst set of politicians, possibly, ever.
Lunatics abound, both sides of the House. How could not a single Tory leadership candidate be a remotely reasonable choice?
How can Labour continue to let Corbyn destroy any semblance of a viable opposition? Surely to dog the fact Labour lag behind this utter shambles of a government in the polls is a clarion call for change?
What on earth has gone so wrong with our politicians?
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

What we have in politics at the moment is one major party,pretty much reflecting public opinion,
discussing/arguing/rowing over a huge matter to the country...the other..

Going against the way their own voters voted,causing huge disruption in parliament,and who's main
objective from day one,was to try and bring the Tories into disarray,(as the press would have you
believe,disagreeing in debates is now referred to as a "Shambles" apparently... :? )
And not trying to fulfil the wishes of a public mandate to leave the EU and present customs union..
This made any chance of a Parliamentary compromise impossible....leading to the only way to leave,
was to actually just..LEAVE...

Take yer pick.......

Also a General Election is a vote on a Party Manifesto...not it's Leader,you shouldn't vote on
personalities,you vote on the Ideology and statements from the party as a whole,they then elect
a head,changing mid term if need be..

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

You know full well the public did not vote on the customs union. I've posted videos more than once of Leave politicians and campaigners saying that a vote for Brexit did not mean leaving the customs Union.

The ONLY way to know if the public want a soft or a hard Brexit is another referendum. Pretending the country voted for a hard Brexit is pure dishonesty.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Neville Bartos wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:48 am You know full well the public did not vote on the customs union. I've posted videos more than once of Leave politicians and campaigners saying that a vote for Brexit did not mean leaving the customs Union.

The ONLY way to know if the public want a soft or a hard Brexit is another referendum. Pretending the country voted for a hard Brexit is pure dishonesty.
It seems odd that they are about to vote for a leader - who nobody likes - with the intention of then kicking him at every available chance.

Almost like they are looking forward to the chance of smacking the fat boy. Like something to be deeply relished,where everybody agrees this is such a good target that nobody can resist the sheer sport that the opportunity presents.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:04 pm
Neville Bartos wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:48 am You know full well the public did not vote on the customs union. I've posted videos more than once of Leave politicians and campaigners saying that a vote for Brexit did not mean leaving the customs Union.

It seems odd that they are about to vote for a leader - who nobody likes - with the intention of then kicking him at every available chance.

Almost like they are looking forward to the chance of smacking the fat boy. Like something to be deeply relished,where everybody agrees this is such a good target that nobody can resist the sheer sport that the opportunity presents.
Oh I think he's a cynical choice. Affable buffoon Boris and his charismatic hair.
Everyone will be too busy laughing and saying what a character he is to notice that he's both useless and dangerous. He'd probably beat Corbyn in a GE, and nothing, not even the future of the country, is more important to more than a few Conservatives right now than staying in power.
Gambling with the future of the economy is just a wizard jape when your money is safely stashed in Dublin, or Berlin, or Paris.

FlatCapDave

Post by FlatCapDave »

Neville Bartos wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:25 pm How can Labour continue to let Corbyn destroy any semblance of a viable opposition? Surely to dog the fact Labour lag behind this utter shambles of a government in the polls is a clarion call for change?
What would you have Labour do? I assumed Corbyn's politics were a good example of the type of left-wing political outlook that Labour is supposed to represent, no?