Watford 10th Sept

Boats, hotel deal & any other bits of information relating to your West Ham Utd match day!!
HxHammer

Re: Watford 10th Sept

Post by HxHammer »

Thanks. Sorted now.

bigfacemike

Post by bigfacemike »

I know you said sold out... But on the off chance, is there room for two more non-members? I already have two but two more want to come. The Watford Game is a big deal where I live (just up the road from Watford in Hertfordshire).
Totally understand if you can't do it, just thought I would ask in case of cancellations etc.
Mike

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

bigfacemike wrote:I know you said sold out... But on the off chance, is there room for two more non-members? I already have two but two more want to come. The Watford Game is a big deal where I live (just up the road from Watford in Hertfordshire).
Totally understand if you can't do it, just thought I would ask in case of cancellations etc.
Mike
To be honest it's a struggle Mike, even today I've had 4 separate messages asking the same thing.

bigfacemike

Post by bigfacemike »

Gonzo wrote:
bigfacemike wrote:I know you said sold out... But on the off chance, is there room for two more non-members? I already have two but two more want to come. The Watford Game is a big deal where I live (just up the road from Watford in Hertfordshire).
Mike
To be honest it's a struggle Mike, even today I've had 4 separate messages asking the same thing.
No worries mate, just thought I would ask on the off chance. They should have got their backsides in gear earlier!
See you there,
Mike

Gonzo

Watford boat announcement

Post by Gonzo »

Folks, sorry for the late notice but the catering company have let us down for tomorrow. There will be bar snacks available but it's probably best to eat lunch before coming down to the boats.

Going forward we might try pies because in all honesty the hog roast made a loss.

We are open to suggestions going forward and there is a bit of prime space with a license at the bottom of the stairs at the boat/pontoon entrance.

Apologies for the late notice but we've literally just found out.

Oziron
Director of Avatars

Re: Watford boat announcement

Post by Oziron »

Gonzo wrote:Folks, sorry for the late notice but the catering company have let us down for tomorrow. There will be bar snacks available but it's probably best to eat lunch before coming down to the boats.

Going forward we might try pies because in all honesty the hog roast made a loss.

We are open to suggestions going forward and there is a bit of prime space with a license at the bottom of the stairs at the boat/pontoon entrance.

Beer......what more do you need..!!

hammerman69

Post by hammerman69 »

Gonzo wrote:Folks, sorry for the late notice but the catering company have let us down for tomorrow. There will be bar snacks available but it's probably best to eat lunch before coming down to the boats.

Thats a shame.....I enjoyed that Hog Roast as well. Anyway, no problem and thanks for the heads-up

marksb

Post by marksb »

It's a shame that they have pulled out.

Maybe a consensus on opinions regarding what type of food people like? I like Pie and Mash with loads of Liquor.
Or whether or not they want food? I would like food.

I bet if you went down to Nathans or similar establishment and say, "can you cater for 150 meals, would you be willing to do it for a £5 a head, I am sure they would bite your hand off. Depending on what charges are being levied at them by the boating company.

If you can arrange this and add a £5 of less to the entrance fee then maybe you will overcome this issue. I appreciate it gets messy if 9 people want this, 5 want that etc, that's why if you take a consensus of opinion, drill it down to 3 winning options and then offer again, until you get a winning menu. it is likely that most people will end up being happy.

marksb

Post by marksb »

marksb wrote:

Maybe a consensus on opinions regarding what type of food people like? I like Pie and Mash with loads of Liquor.

I bet if you went down to Nathans or similar establishment and say, "can you cater for 150 meals, would you be willing to do it for a £5 a head, I am sure they would bite your hand off. Depending on what charges are being levied at them by the boating company.

If you can arrange this and add a £5 of less to the entrance fee then maybe you will overcome this issue. I appreciate it gets messy if 9 people want this, 5 want that etc, that's why if you take a consensus of opinion, drill it down to 3 winning options and then offer again, until you get a winning menu. it is likely that most people will end up being happy.
This is all very new to us all, when we went to Upton Park, we had a match day experience a ritual, some would go for pie and mash, some would only go to a certain food vendor and some would only go in a certain pub, like the Boleyn and the Rib Man!

By going to the boats, we are now creating our new Match Day Experience, our new Rituals begins; Gonzo and Geo are helping us to create this Ritual not only for me, but my son as well. I hope that in 30 years time when I am long gone, he will be taking his son to the Boat Bar and enjoying the same experiences as we are now enjoying.

Maybe the boat owners will name boats after Geo and Gonzo....lol, wouldn't that be great, ha ha ha, or the Swans....lol

COYI!!

hammerman69

Post by hammerman69 »

marksb wrote:
marksb wrote:

This is all very new to us all, when we went to Upton Park, we had a match day experience a ritual, some would go for pie and mash, some would only go to a certain food vendor and some would only go in a certain pub, like the Boleyn and the Rib Man!

By going to the boats, we are now creating our new Match Day Experience, our new Rituals begins; Gonzo and Geo are helping us to create this Ritual not only for me, but my son as well. I hope that in 30 years time when I am long gone, he will be taking his son to the Boat Bar and enjoying the same experiences as we are now enjoying.

Maybe the boat owners will name boats after Geo and Gonzo....lol, wouldn't that be great, ha ha ha, or the Swans....lol

COYI!!
Well steer clear of the numbers boat.....it goes around in circles, lists badly and makes you feel nauseous :D