NIGHTMARE

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: NIGHTMARE

Post by Whiskyman »

thomasswe wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:30 am Looks like i'm in the minority that would prefer an english team over a spanish.
The only English side I don't mind seeing do well in Europe is Manchester City. Apart from the fact I have no particular love for the other English teams taking part what really pisses me off is the way the pundits and commentators are so far up the English clubs' arseholes . Tbh I hope we see a Barca v Ajax final, although like I've said I have a feeling Spurs are nailed on, in the CL and Valencia v Eintracht in the Europa.

But somehow I have a feeling I won't get either wish.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:32 am
thomasswe wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:30 am Looks like i'm in the minority that would prefer an english team over a spanish.
The only English side I don't mind seeing do well in Europe is Manchester City. Apart from the fact I have no particular love for the other English teams taking part what really pisses me off is the way the pundits and commentators are so far up the English clubs' arseholes . Tbh I hope we see a Barca v Ajax final, although like I've said I have a feeling Spurs are nailed on, in the CL and Valencia v Eintracht in the Europa.

It would be different for me if it was man u but thankfully thay are too shit to be anywhere near it - and it's ONLY down to the constant media dickriding aboit the biggest club in the world ( i bet 90% of our "experts" over here are manure fans. Real/Barca are also at the same level but I dont follow la liga do i dont come in contact with that bias as often.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

thomasswe wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:02 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:32 am

It would be different for me if it was man u but thankfully thay are too shit to be anywhere near it - and it's ONLY down to the constant media dickriding aboit the biggest club in the world ( i bet 90% of our "experts" over here are manure fans. Real/Barca are also at the same level but I dont follow la liga do i dont come in contact with that bias as often.
No different over here mate. Man United and Liverpool are the media's blue eyed boys. Manchester City haven't relly captured the media attention yet, it's still Pep this and Pep that, rather than the club, although, let's be fauir, he has got them playing to a standard no one's seen in this country before. Same as he did when he was at Barcelona. Which is why I still enjoy watching that team. Mind you with Messi in any team who wouldn't enjoy watching them ?

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Have no fear chaps, Ajax will put them to bed tonight.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:55 pm Have no fear chaps, Ajax will put them to bed tonight.
A lot of people are saying this. I seem to be in a minority of one thinking that Spurs will go through. I hope there proves to be a very good reason for that state of affairs. ;)

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:57 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:55 pm Have no fear chaps, Ajax will put them to bed tonight.
A lot of people are saying this. I seem to be in a minority of one thinking that Spurs will go through. I hope there proves to be a very good reason for that state of affairs. ;)
They play with a lack of fear Whisky, as Madrid and Juve have found out.
The long noses lack of a big enough squad will catch up with them.
I can honestly see this semi final being done and dusted tonight, making the 2nd leg a mere formality.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:08 pm

I can honestly see this semi final being done and dusted tonight, making the 2nd leg a mere formality.
They played with a lack of fear against Real and Juve but in both those games they were regarded as no hopers, particularly after the home legs. But there is massive pressure on them tonight from their own fans who now see them as favourites and I think playing the first leg away won't suit them. They lack serious experience in the CL and I'm not sure they'll know what game plan to use. In Spain and Italy they knew exactly what they had to do.

But as I say I hope there proves to be a reason I'm swimming against the tide of popular opinion for this one.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:21 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:08 pm

They played with a lack of fear against Real and Juve but in both those games they were regarded as no hopers, particularly after the home legs. But there is massive pressure on them tonight from their own fans who now see them as favourites and I think playing the first leg away won't suit them. They lack serious experience in the CL and I'm not sure they'll know what game plan to use. In Spain and Italy they knew exactly what they had to do.

But as I say I hope there proves to be a reason I'm swimming against the tide of popular opinion for this one.
Here's hoping.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Thank fuck for that.......

You also thought the Spuds would beat us Saturday...... ;) ;)

Kiss of death for the spuds then...... :lol: :lol:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

andyginbrasil wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:07 pm

Thank fuck for that.......

You also thought the Spuds would beat us Saturday...... ;) ;)

Kiss of death for the spuds then...... :lol: :lol:
I did indeed. Which is a good sign for tonight I guess.