Why we are so bad?

Chat about anything football related here!
ToneLoc

Re: Why we are so bad?

Post by ToneLoc »

IronsForever wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:39 pm
ToneLoc wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:30 pm We can pick apart where are weak spots in the squad are.......BUT....... the shit being served up currently is WAY below the collective quality of the ingredients of that squad.
That's down to the chef....in our case, the manager.
Agreed. Last 2 games have been poor managerial decisions and tactics
Tactics aside mate.....I can't see a player out there (Snod excepting but that's how he always plays) that displays any evidence that they even give a fuck.

The body of those players in the first half yesterday was of a group of players devoid of any motivation whatsoever.
When the second goal went in I didn't see a single player talking to another player. They just went back to their positions for the restart.
Noble included. He just stood there, hands on hips like a lone, silent sentinel. Not a word from him to any of our players.

Collective body language of such apathy suggests real problems in the dressing room.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

palerider

Post by palerider »

ToneLoc wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:41 pm

Tactics aside mate.....I can't see a player out there (Snod excepting but that's how he always plays) that displays any evidence that they even give a fuck.

The body of those players in the first half yesterday was of a group of players devoid of any motivation whatsoever.
When the second goal went in I didn't see a single player talking to another player. They just went back to their positions for the restart.
Noble included. He just stood there, hands on hips like a lone, silent sentinel. Not a word from him to any of our players.

Collective body language of such apathy suggests real problems in the dressing room.
Surely Noble's job is to rally the troops ? I've seen him clap and cajole many times before.

Maybe the fact that he isn't IS the problem in the dressing room.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

palerider wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:57 pm
ToneLoc wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:41 pm

Surely Noble's job is to rally the troops ? I've seen him clap and cajole many times before.

Highly possible Al.
The instant reaction (complete lack of) from each of those players after those goals went in was so glaring it was deeply concerning. After the second, Noble went straight to the centre spot waiting for the ball. I'm not sure he even LOOKED at his team mates, never mind speak/cajole.
It looks like (certainly through my unknowing eyes) that there's been a major bust up.

A personal bust up?
Were they pissed off because Lanzini was benched?
Who knows. Something's very wrong though (at least it looks like it on the surface).
Yeah....."United"

palerider

Post by palerider »

ToneLoc wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:10 pm
palerider wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:57 pm

Highly possible Al.
The instant reaction (complete lack of) from each of those players after those goals went in was so glaring it was deeply concerning. After the second, Noble went straight to the centre spot waiting for the ball. I'm not sure he even LOOKED at his team mates, never mind speak/cajole.
It looks like (certainly through my unknowing eyes) that there's been a major bust up.
You know your football Tone.

Listening on the radio I didn't see any action, but who took the armband when he went off ?

And we obviously 'won' the second half with even the Newcastle goal being a cock-up by our Sunday League keeper.

These things can be misleading but even though we were still obviously poor in the 2nd half, did we look more 'up' for it ?

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

palerider wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:15 pm
ToneLoc wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:10 pm
Highly possible Al.

Listening on the radio I didn't see any action, but who took the armband when he went off ?

And we obviously 'won' the second half with even the Newcastle goal being a cock-up by our Sunday League keeper.

These things can be misleading but even though we were still obviously poor in the 2nd half, did we look more 'up' for it ?
I don't know my football much at all actually mate :). I'm certainly no master of tactics and there's many on here that know the tactics of the game way more than I do.
However, being one who ponders less the tactical details, this has a tendency to open my eyes to the glaringly obvious things like body language, attitude etc. These are things that should be there by default and yet we're expected to be grateful when players "give it their all".

Second half Bruce was happy to sit back and let us come onto them. This almost backfired of course.
We were a little better but this massively papered over gaping cracks. Namely.....why start "having a bit of a go" only when you're three down and the opposition are sitting deeper?
Yeah....."United"

palerider

Post by palerider »

ToneLoc wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:48 pm
palerider wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:15 pm

I don't know my football much at all actually mate :). I'm certainly no master of tactics and there's many on here that know the tactics of the game way more than I do.
However, being one who ponders less the tactical details, this has a tendency to open my eyes to the glaringly obvious things like body language, attitude etc. These are things that should be there by default and yet we're expected to be grateful when players "give it their all".

Second half Bruce was happy to sit back and let us come onto them. This almost backfired of course.
We were a little better but this massively papered over gaping cracks. Namely.....why start "having a bit of a go" only when you're three down and the opposition are sitting deeper?
Thanks. But who took over the captaincy ?

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Manuell reckons he doesn't know why we were so bad!? :lol: Fuck me if he don't know who does?
We all wanted attacking football, we have shown glimpses of some decent football, but we are so easy to play against.
No leaders, shit in the air, no pace, no service to our striker who is shaking his head wondering why the fuck he was brought?
Too many players shirking responsibility.
This has all the makings of a divided dressing room.
Where it's gone wrong fuck knows, but we can't blame the Austrian this time!.
Watching Palace v Leicester at the moment, both sides comitted, know their jobs, working for each other. We are as far away from being a cohesive team as I've seen.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Castiron wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:37 pm Manuell reckons he doesn't know why we were so bad!? :lol: Fuck me if he don't know who does?
We all wanted attacking football, we have shown glimpses of some decent football, but we are so easy to play against.
No leaders, shit in the air, no pace, no service to our striker who is shaking his head wondering why the fuck he was brought?
Too many players shirking responsibility.
This has all the makings of a divided dressing room.
Where it's gone wrong fuck knows, but we can't blame the Austrian this time!.
Watching Palace v Leicester at the moment, both sides comitted, know their jobs, working for each other. We are as far away from being a cohesive team as I've seen.
He said that ?

Sums it all up.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

ToneLoc wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:30 pm We can pick apart where are weak spots in the squad are.......BUT....... the shit being served up currently is WAY below the collective quality of the ingredients of that squad.
That's down to the chef....in our case, the manager.

Think your glossing over it some what mate , we have only performed as a team on a couple of occasions , usually when Anderson has one of his world class days , or he manages to find some talent for half an hour . Our wins , the majority of them have been lucky , a few we should definitely have been loosing before we actually mounted a effort of any sort .

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

I think these players need to fucking man up, all this dressing room bust up bollocks is just a smokescreen for a bad attack of lazy fucking itas.
I bet their not so unhappy picking up their wages every week. If they can't be arsed then drop em, I'd rather we lost with reserves giving it a go and playing for the shirt, than some Billy big bollocks who thinks because he's on 100k a week he's here to stroll around acting the cunt.
We may well get beat every week but at least you know the kids out there are trying. We were fucking pathetic yesterday and in the weeks prior down right fucking hopeless. If they don't want to be here or don't like the colour schemes in the dressing room, then fuck off. They're here to kick a ball around for 90 minutes on a Saturday, they don't have to best mates popping round each others houses baking fucking cakes, just show up on a Saturday and when the games over, go their separate ways.
Fucking overpriced pack of cunts.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.