Why we are so bad?

Chat about anything football related here!
ToneLoc

Re: Why we are so bad?

Post by ToneLoc »

palerider wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:51 pm
ToneLoc wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:48 pm
I don't know my football much at all actually mate :). I'm certainly no master of tactics and there's many on here that know the tactics of the game way more than I do.
However, being one who ponders less the tactical details, this has a tendency to open my eyes to the glaringly obvious things like body language, attitude etc. These are things that should be there by default and yet we're expected to be grateful when players "give it their all".

Second half Bruce was happy to sit back and let us come onto them. This almost backfired of course.
We were a little better but this massively papered over gaping cracks. Namely.....why start "having a bit of a go" only when you're three down and the opposition are sitting deeper?
Thanks. But who took over the captaincy ?
I don't know mate. I was already struggling to maintain interest or focus by that time and, like most around me I spent a lot of the 2nd half ranting at those around me.
If anyone does know who took over captaincy i'd like to know also.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

palerider wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:52 pm
Castiron wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:37 pm Manuell reckons he doesn't know why we were so bad!? :lol: Fuck me if he don't know who does?
We all wanted attacking football, we have shown glimpses of some decent football, but we are so easy to play against.
No leaders, shit in the air, no pace, no service to our striker who is shaking his head wondering why the fuck he was brought?
Too many players shirking responsibility.
This has all the makings of a divided dressing room.
Where it's gone wrong fuck knows, but we can't blame the Austrian this time!.
Watching Palace v Leicester at the moment, both sides comitted, know their jobs, working for each other. We are as far away from being a cohesive team as I've seen.
He said that ?

Sums it all up.
Pale
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 77161.html

palerider

Post by palerider »

Castiron wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:46 pm
palerider wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:52 pm

He said that ?

Sums it all up.
Pale
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 77161.html
Astonishing.

If I was the owner I'd be ordering him in first thing on Monday to ask the fuck why he doesn't understand.

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

1) Yesterday we had 69% possesion (more in the abject first half), yet Haller only touched the ball 15 times all game (2 of those were fighting with ASM near our corner flag because Zaba was still making it to the halfway line). Not unusual.

2) Yesterday, we conceded 3 goals from set pieces. Not unusual.

3) We failed to keep / replace Adrian.

4) We do not need "need" Fornals, that coin should have been spent on a partner for Rice.

5) To start Zaba over Fredericks when fit and available is a corporal offense. To do it twice when a) the outcome was inevitably poor and b) the current opposition was who it was (ASM) is a down right capital offense. It also guarantees Yarmo is in for a maximum 5/10 performance. And wasted a sub fixing after 70 mins what he should never have done in the first place. Off for a date with M. Pierrepoint!

6) Yesterday we had 7 corners. Apart from the one which Anderson took and we scored from, the others may well have been their goal kicks. Except we have no one back. Likewise free kicks near their box. And it's not just yesterday.

That will do for now.

I'm on the fence with Pelle because he probably is the best coach we have had since at least Harry, if not Lyall. But all 6 of those things are completely at his door.

palerider

Post by palerider »

palerider wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:00 pm
Astonishing.

If I was the owner I'd be ordering him in first thing on Monday to ask the fuck why he doesn't understand.
Last two home games we pressed from the start ?

I was at the Palace match. That's bollocks.

He must be getting confused. Bless. It happens at that age. He'll be phoning Gold up soon to ask if he's had his breakfast.

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:22 pm I think these players need to fucking man up, all this dressing room bust up bollocks is just a smokescreen for a bad attack of lazy fucking itas.
I bet their not so unhappy picking up their wages every week. If they can't be arsed then drop em, I'd rather we lost with reserves giving it a go and playing for the shirt, than some Billy big bollocks who thinks because he's on 100k a week he's here to stroll around acting the cunt.
We may well get beat every week but at least you know the kids out there are trying. We were fucking pathetic yesterday and in the weeks prior down right fucking hopeless. If they don't want to be here or don't like the colour schemes in the dressing room, then fuck off. They're here to kick a ball around for 90 minutes on a Saturday, they don't have to best mates popping round each others houses baking fucking cakes, just show up on a Saturday and when the games over, go their separate ways.
Fucking overpriced pack of cunts.
Players know playing the reserves ain’t an option

We did that at Oxford. Imagine what a decent Premier League side would do to us

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer »

palerider wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:31 pm
palerider wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:00 pm

Astonishing.

Last two home games we pressed from the start ?

I was at the Palace match. That's bollocks.

He must be getting confused. Bless. It happens at that age. He'll be phoning Gold up soon to ask if he's had his breakfast.
I’ve never seen us press in my life

We are the antithesis of a pressing side

We are knackered during the warm up

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer »

BCHammer wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:48 pm 1) Yesterday we had 69% possesion (more in the abject first half), yet Haller only touched the ball 15 times all game (2 of those were fighting with ASM near our corner flag because Zaba was still making it to the halfway line). Not unusual.

2) Yesterday, we conceded 3 goals from set pieces. Not unusual.

3) We failed to keep / replace Adrian.

4) We do not need "need" Fornals, that coin should have been spent on a partner for Rice.

5) To start Zaba over Fredericks when fit and available is a corporal offense. To do it twice when a) the outcome was inevitably poor and b) the current opposition was who it was (ASM) is a down right capital offense. It also guarantees Yarmo is in for a maximum 5/10 performance. And wasted a sub fixing after 70 mins what he should never have done in the first place. Off for a date with M. Pierrepoint!

6) Yesterday we had 7 corners. Apart from the one which Anderson took and we scored from, the others may well have been their goal kicks. Except we have no one back. Likewise free kicks near their box. And it's not just yesterday.

That will do for now.

I'm on the fence with Pelle because he probably is the best coach we have had since at least Harry, if not Lyall. But all 6 of those things are completely at his door.
I’ll tell you something about that birthmark cunt

Great pro etc etc

Yesterday when Newcastle were tearing down the pitch and he was hopelessly out of position in their half, that bald cunt just gave up

He practically stopped. Before the halfway line

No, he wouldn’t have caught up but fucking hell, show like you care and at least try to get back. A slack pass, a rebound, fucking anything could happen but he just stopped

Wanker

I said ages ago that Fornals was money pissed away that should’ve been spent on a priority position

Unless this shithouse manager manages to turn this around and get us top six, Bilic is the best manager we’ve had since Harry

This blokes glory days are behind him

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

punkrockhammer wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:35 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:22 pm I think these players need to fucking man up, all this dressing room bust up bollocks is just a smokescreen for a bad attack of lazy fucking itas.
I bet their not so unhappy picking up their wages every week. If they can't be arsed then drop em, I'd rather we lost with reserves giving it a go and playing for the shirt, than some Billy big bollocks who thinks because he's on 100k a week he's here to stroll around acting the cunt.
We may well get beat every week but at least you know the kids out there are trying. We were fucking pathetic yesterday and in the weeks prior down right fucking hopeless. If they don't want to be here or don't like the colour schemes in the dressing room, then fuck off. They're here to kick a ball around for 90 minutes on a Saturday, they don't have to best mates popping round each others houses baking fucking cakes, just show up on a Saturday and when the games over, go their separate ways.
Fucking overpriced pack of cunts.
Players know playing the reserves ain’t an option

We did that at Oxford. Imagine what a decent Premier League side would do to us
Pretty much what they're doing now I would imagine.
Make no mistake 3-2 flattered us yesterday, they could have scored 5 or 6 in the first half. And that's pretty much a full West Ham line up of very big wages.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

1985whu

Post by 1985whu »

I don't think lack of investment is high up on the reasons. MP has been given some money to spend and has brought in players he's wanted. The likes of Sheffield Utd and Bournemouth probably haven't spent more than us yet they are capable of producing far better football than us. Conversely, Man Utd are one of the richest clubs around and have always invested, but look at them now. They're almost as shit as we are.

We have, on paper, a very good squad. Why MP can't get a decent tune out of it I can't understand.

He has no philosophy that the players can buy into.

He has no plan A, let alone plan B.

Losing Fabianksi shows that we've been papering over the cracks - the fact that we miss him so much. It's beginning to backfire, gambling that he won't get injured.

I'm losing patience with MP, but on the other hand I hate the instability of changing managers regularly.

Survival and a very good cup run and I might cut him some slack