Has Pellegrini Benn Hung Out To Dry By Owners???

Chat about anything football related here!
IronsForever

Has Pellegrini Benn Hung Out To Dry By Owners???

Post by IronsForever »

West Ham United boss Manuel Pellegrini is a man under fire after the Newcastle United debacle.

West Ham have not won for six games and picked up a solitary point from three home games against Crystal Palace, Sheffield United and the Magpies.

The manner of the defeat to Newcastle has seen a call for change among a section of Hammers fans.

The 3-2 scoreline flattered West Ham, who would have lost by a cricket score against a better side.

Pellegrini has faced even more criticism since the game after some questionable post-match comments.

Speaking after the game Pellegrini said he does not know why things have turned sour. And he even praised hapless goalkeeper Roberto.
That is despite fans calling for changes to team selection and tactics for weeks because they could see this coming.

In fairness to the Chilean, he has come out fighting.

He was forthright with some of his comments to the press after the game.

“You need [to play well for] 95 minutes in the Premier League to win,” Pellegrini said, as reported by whufc.com.

“I need to find the reason to understand why we start the game in that way… We’ve been in worse positions than now but we need a strong reaction… I hope the squad understands.”
For all the criticism of the manager, the simple fact is he has been left hung out to dry by owners David Sullivan and David Gold.

The duo survived angry protests 18 months ago by finally showing some ambition with the appointment of Pellegrini and handing him £90million to spend.

Cynical Hammers fans predicted that would be a one-off to appease the fans.

And they have been proved right already.

Pellegrini was forced to bring in out of contract Samir Nasri last January.

And in the summer he was given a pathetic £25million net spend despite shipping out 11 players and cutting nearly £750,000 PER WEEK off the wage bill.

West Ham allowed all five of last season’s forwards – four of them proven Premier League players – to leave. And they signed just one proven striker in Sebastien Haller.
For a Premier League team to go into a season with just one striker is football suicide. It is unimaginable how much worse things could get if the Frenchman gets injured.

West Ham have needed another defensive and box-to-box midfielder for years. Instead Pellegrini has to flog Declan Rice week in, week out because he only has ageing flop Carlos Sanchez in reserve.

Then there is the goalkeeper situation.

Instead of spending a small amount of money to bring in a decent quality back-up goalkeeper, Sullivan and Gold’s penny-pinching forced Pellegrini to the bargain bin again and in came two free transfers Roberto and David Martin.

West Ham fans have witnessed first hand how hapless Roberto is. That in itself raises serious questions about Martin’s ability.

Pellegrini has been forced to defend Roberto. But what he probably wants to do is tell the world he has no other choice given the lack of funds made available to him.
And it will be January at the earliest when Lukasz Fabianski returns to solve that particular problem.

Then there are other key positions where just one or two additions could have pushed West Ham to the next level.

Instead of signing a quality left-back, Pellegrini has had to make do with signing Aaron Cresswell and Arthur Masuaku up to new long-term deals.

Say what you want about Pellegrini.

The lack of ambition from the owners is the real problem at West Ham and always will be.

Until that changes the club will never truly progress no matter who takes charge.
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

IronsForever

Re: Has Pellegrini Benn Hung Out To Dry By Owners???

Post by IronsForever »

I still think we are cursed to be honest.
We showed 2 vulnerable areas pre season. 1 striker and the Goalie. We had Antonio as some kind of assist for Haller and possibly back up striker if Haller gets injured. The Twins assumed Fabianski was not going to get injured being a goalie and brought in 2 poor, cheap alternatives.
So what happens. Both Antonio and Flappy pick up injuries where they are out for 4 MONTHS. How can you say we are not cursed?
You know what is going to happen next . Rice and Haller will pick up injuries. That will leave us with no backbone surrounded by offensive fairies who cant tackle and no striker. ha ha ha ha.
When teams play us they will rest a couple of key players knowing its like playing a team that defend and tackle like a pub team.
From Pre- season expectations, to west ham reality to fighting a relegation battle. Nothing changes at this club!!
" Like My Dreams " !!!!
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

Cursed ? or just fucking bad all-round.

We have a forward, that does not score. 2 wide men, that cut in on their preferred foot. A midfield bereft of any craft. A back line, so fucking slow, I would fancy my chances

From owners all the way down, we are inept and have been (Payet season aside) for years.

The manager has to go. He looks void of any idea's and comes across as if he could not give a shit.
The Owners can fuck off as well

Cursed no, shit yes
Covid in the Boardroom

Mancunian Hammer

Post by Mancunian Hammer »

It would of course be nice to have more investment. Like most i am not a fan of the owners. But playing Zabaleta on Saturday? Come on that's got nothing to do with the owners lack of investment. He just needed to look at the opposition and pick the more suitable player, he had 2 maybe 3 to choose from. We would have all put Fredericks in due to pace. Poor substitutions, tactics, the performances particularly against Everton and Newcastle are shockingly bad and this team should be doing far far better. If you go to Goodison and get beat by Everton it can happen but the level of performance is just shit. I thought at the end of last season the Pellegrini got a grip and started getting the best out of the players but he's not getting anywhere near the best from them this season. He doesn't know why we are struggling? Watch Zabaleta have a massive head start and be comfortably beaten to it. Bad team selection. The board and Pelligrini are hear to stay and I'm braced for more shit performances. Really not happy with him.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

jameskel wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:54 am Cursed ? or just fucking bad all-round.

We have a forward, that does not score. 2 wide men, that cut in on their preferred foot. A midfield bereft of any craft. A back line, so fucking slow, I would fancy my chances

From owners all the way down, we are inept and have been (Payet season aside) for years.

The manager has to go. He looks void of any idea's and comes across as if he could not give a shit.
The Owners can fuck off as well

Cursed no, shit yes
And there lies the problem. Managers , like fucking underpants, can be changed when necessary. Owners can't.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

I feel a march coming on :shock:

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Like Terry said on a previous post, I think he wants to get out of Dodge. And by picking the same starting 11, especially zabs, he was guaranteed a similar outcome. He knows they won't part with him because of the compensation involved and has realised that being a manager at this club is a one way ticket to oblivion. Bilic is doing very well at West brom, but he has age on his side, Pellegrini hasn't.
Therefore and I'm only speculating the only way out is to get the masses restless, cause a rift and force the cunts hand. Much unwanted publicity is not what the shysters want in their quest for the pound note.
We've had 3 decent manager's here, not world beaters but decent enough and every one is going down the same path. It can't be just a coincidence that this is happening once again.
A manager of Pellegrini's calibre doesn't make such glaring and obvious mistakes time and time again without good reason.
That said, he might just have Alzheimer's, in which case I'm talking bollocks. :lol:
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

grandad

Post by grandad »

Castiron wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:19 pm I feel a march coming on :shock:

good luck with that :lol:
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

ryanguitarhammer

Post by ryanguitarhammer »

Pellegrini isnt getting the best out of the team, nor does it look like the players know what they are doing.

Can't blame the owners for that, and I fucking hate them.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

grandad wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:26 pm
Castiron wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:19 pm I feel a march coming on :shock:

good luck with that :lol:
I'll be posting my details for any donations towards this, and will keep you updated from my sun lounger 8-)