Noble Captain

Chat about anything football related here!
grandad

Noble Captain

Post by grandad »

Ok guys most of us agree he is playing absolute dog shit so is it time for the arm band to be took off him and if so who should get it ? some say snoddy but that poor fucker gives a corner away he is dropped for next game under pell ...cresswell a no no not even the best left back in club...

Thought's ?
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

tassiehammer

Re: Noble Captain

Post by tassiehammer »

No good giving it to our goalie..............he'll drop it. :D

Fuck, the old ones are the best.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

I think Rice could be a good captain
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Rice or Lanzini for me.
Rice too young? No.... if you’re good enough you’re old enough, he’s remarkably mature for his age and it would show a powerful statement of intent (although not enough to stop him leaving at some point).
I’d also throw Fab’s name in but I just feel we need an outfield player as captain as our needs for someone to communicate and cajole are particularly acute.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

I’m not getting into the Noble debate, but I will say that we don’t have a clear and obvious 2IC. Most of the regular starters have too soft an underbelly.

We need a tough mongrel, a leader not a follower. We just don’t have that.

Maybe our next transfer should be for a leader, whatever position he fills.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

OZHAMMER wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:41 am I’m not getting into the Noble debate, but I will say that we don’t have a clear and obvious 2IC. Most of the regular starters have too soft an underbelly.

Imo all the captain should have to do is call heads or tails. And be a kind of spokesperson to put in front of the media as and when. On the pitch top fucking pros shouldn't need telling what to do. FFS if 15 and 16 year olds know their jobs on a Sunday morning surely it's not too much to ask blokes who play football for a living to react to situations on the pitch.

It's a cliché but everyone out there should be a leader.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Noble shouldn't even be in the 1st eleven , but because of the very poor decisions made in the transfer market he is all we have . I suppose Sanchez could come in and do his job after all he is a more mature player :roll: .
Cresswell hasn't shown any ability performing the duties so a big NO . Maybe go with Rice , though I have not seen him display any of a captains qualities on the pitch :roll: .
Maybe Coventry from the second team could come and show them how its done , as he appears to be doing very well this season :roll: .

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Not one player in the squad with any bollocks, they are a total embarrassment.

The whole fucking set up stinks.

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

I still remember playing in the old 4 4 2 style of playing.
Right and left midfield with 2 strong central mid players, one of them your box to box the other tough tackler and leader.
The leader in this team is left to hang when his left and right mid are wide on the wings. You can put fucking Spartacus in Nobles position and it wont make a difference. After seeing Pellegrini pitch a 34 year old bald guy in against a young lingford Chrsitie it comes as no surprise to see an aging Noble taking on more workload than he ever has in the past.
You can put Kante in for Noble with that line up last week and it wouldn,t make the slightest difference.
The game changed when num nuts Put Lanzini in the middle and freddy on as the wing back , taking Yarma off.
There was another game this season when Whilshire came on and bolstered the midfield and we looked a different team.
How the fuck has Yarma got the pace to play winger anyway? ha ha ha. Not in this league mate. Play the guy in behind Haller if anywhere, or let him drift around as a no.10.
And all the Noble bashers will be content soon because sooner or later,playing Pellehrinis system both him and Rice will pick up Hammies.
Then the cries will be. " We have no leader in the team " ha ha ha
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:57 am
OZHAMMER wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:41 am I’m not getting into the Noble debate, but I will say that we don’t have a clear and obvious 2IC. Most of the regular starters have too soft an underbelly.

Imo all the captain should have to do is call heads or tails. And be a kind of spokesperson to put in front of the media as and when. On the pitch top fucking pros shouldn't need telling what to do. FFS if 15 and 16 year olds know their jobs on a Sunday morning surely it's not too much to ask blokes who play football for a living to react to situations on the pitch.

It's a cliché but everyone out there should be a leader.
By eliminating the need for a captain and instead calling for a team of leaders, you’ve now suggested that we’re a whole team short of what we need! (Which we are)