Pellegrini vs Rafa

Chat about anything football related here!
brookingslovechild

Re: Pelegrino vs Rafa

Post by brookingslovechild »

jameskel wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:49 am No, he left Newcastle to start a long term project in China, surely?

Greedy fat cunt :D :D :D

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer »

Rafa is currently ninth in a league of sixteen - below half way - FACT!

Pretty achieving much the same as our current manager was in China - FACT!

Leave the fat cunt there and find a young and hungry manager, not just a fat hungry one. We’ll end up in the same boat as we are now 18 months down the line - FACT!

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer »

palerider wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:21 am www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/we ... z-20910081

I fucking hope so !
If the board expected a top six finish, or at least a push, then maybe they should dig deeper for player recruitment. Forking out the going rate for a couple of players and peanuts for the rest while letting other players leave without replacement was never going to work - how have they not worked this out by now?

And how about the box to box midfielder we’ve needed for 250 years? Who knows where we would be now if they’d backed Bilic and signed Carlvalho? Ok, he’s not not exactly turned out as a galactico, but we needed his type then and still do now

The pygmy always overspends on vanity signings that are not needed or in desperation - he just doesn’t have a coherent plan, it’s all scattergun and last resort

I wish he’d fuck off

palerider

Post by palerider »

punkrockhammer wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:56 pm
palerider wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:21 am www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/we ... z-20910081

I fucking hope so !
If the board expected a top six finish, or at least a push, then maybe they should dig deeper for player recruitment. Forking out the going rate for a couple of players and peanuts for the rest while letting other players leave without replacement was never going to work - how have they not worked this out by now?

And how about the box to box midfielder we’ve needed for 250 years? Who knows where we would be now if they’d backed Bilic and signed Carlvalho? Ok, he’s not not exactly turned out as a galactico, but we needed his type then and still do now

The pygmy always overspends on vanity signings that are not needed or in desperation - he just doesn’t have a coherent plan, it’s all scattergun and last resort

I wish he’d fuck off
Isn't it a Catch 22 situation though ?

There are two givens as far as I'm concerned.

1 Pellegrini will get us relegated If he stays until beyond Christmas.

2 The dwarf will not spend the amount needed in January to even give him a chance. Even if he did I wouldn't trust him to use it properly.

What the cunt is more likely to do is sack him, which although very expensive, is still much cheaper. Whatever you say about him, relegation can't be in his plans. And to persuade Rafa, promises would have to be made.....and he wouldn't come cheap. But cheaper than a box-to-box midfielder who'd make a difference.

I don't follow the Chinese League. If Rafa's team is below half way then ok. But he knows the Premier League. And more importantly can get teams functioning on a small budget.

I personally don't have an issue about the Championship if the football is entertaining. But financially it would be a disaster. So what we need is a manager who can save us, it's as simple as that. I'd like Lee Johnson but it would be a risk.

With Rafa you'd get blanket defence against the likes of Chelsea, the Arse, City and the victims. Hoping to nick a point. Some call his football philosophy boring. He does open up against the rest though and let's face it, the shyte we see now is hardly thrill a minute stuff is it ?

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer »

Like Rafa, our current manager also knows the Premier League, in fact other than Pep he’s the only manager currently working in it that’s actually won it

And look what he’s doing to us!

I’d take a risk on Lee Johnson though

Plays the right way and young

If we went down he’d probably get us competitive for a swift return aswell

palerider

Post by palerider »

punkrockhammer wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:14 pm Like Rafa, our current manager also knows the Premier League, in fact other than Pep he’s the only manager currently working in it that’s actually won it

And look what he’s doing to us!

I’d take a risk on Lee Johnson though

Plays the right way and young

If we went down he’d probably get us competitive for a swift return aswell
Like most I was pleased we got Pellegrini and I was hoping for top 8 this season at least.

What's gone wrong I don't know. Maybe it's that it's because he's only had the top players to work with before. Maybe he really has gone senile.

Lee Johnson yes. But right now I'd have Boris Johnson.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

To be honest I doubt Rafa would do any better than Pelle. Both have won more trophies than you can poke a stick at and have had the Holy grail club managers job at Real Madrid.
They've both done well on a budget too.
Maybe we just have to accept that no manager, no matter how good the CV, can really thrive at West Ham.
Maybe if a new owner comes it that will change, but as things stand I wouldn't put money on any manager in the world getting us into that top 6.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Neville Bartos wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:53 pm
Maybe we just have to accept that no manager, no matter how good the CV, can really thrive at West Ham.
Maybe if a new owner comes it that will change, but as things stand I wouldn't put money on any manager in the world getting us into that top 6.
At last. The penny has dropped. For some at least. :D

But excuse my ignorance. Who the fuck is Lee Johnson and what does his c v look like ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:14 pm

But excuse my ignorance. Who the fuck is Lee Johnson and what does his c v look like ?
He is the manager of Bristol City and was born in Newmarket and has a dog named Spike - his cv is a two pager and in football terms is neither too thin or boastfully thick...might be something for the elite class at West Ham to digest

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:14 pm

I think you are probably right.

It seems that any player or manager thrives when leaving our club since Darby and Jones have been in charge of our club.Players don't seem to be the same when we buy them?

We are bloody jinxed.