Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
mkhammer

Re: Coronavirus

Post by mkhammer »

palerider wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:02 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 11:50 am Blimey,those in deprived areas have double death rates of affluent areas,the Guardian reports.Apparently,people who have fuck all money and prospects, do much worse when confronted by problems.

This is going to change the whole landscape in how we understand world events and change the view that we all share problems equally. It's a whole new way of envisaging our futures.
This, combined with culture.

BAME deaths are 33% of the total roughly. I know for a fact that nearly 75% of those in hospital with the symptoms at Wexham Park near Slough are of Asian heritage. It's a big Asian area. And it's not unusual for houses to have as many as 4 generations under the same roof.

And there's been no social distancing in the area with police afraid to do anything about gatherings at mosques for fear of accusations of racism.
Yeah it's obviously gonna hit areas of close proximity,where people live closer together hardest
New York/London...etc...happen to be areas of high ethnicity as well...
So wouldn't think some ethnicities are more vulnerable than others...more lifestyle..

On the religious front.....My Mums a Jehovahs Witness....brought a halt to what they do...
But They are Adhering to all instructions......not a believer myself..far from it,but do feel
a bit sorry for them..

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

mkhammer wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 9:48 am
palerider wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:02 pm

This, combined with culture.

BAME deaths are 33% of the total roughly. I know for a fact that nearly 75% of those in hospital with the symptoms at Wexham Park near Slough are of Asian heritage. It's a big Asian area. And it's not unusual for houses to have as many as 4 generations under the same roof.

And there's been no social distancing in the area with police afraid to do anything about gatherings at mosques for fear of accusations of racism.
Yeah it's obviously gonna hit areas of close proximity,where people live closer together hardest
So wouldn't think some ethnicities are more vulnerable than others...more lifestyle..

On the religious front.....My Mums a Jehovahs Witness....brought a halt to what they do...
But They are Adhering to all instructions......not a believer myself..far from it,but do feel
a bit sorry for them..
There are some things that just shouldn’t be shared :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Noni

Post by Noni »

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

Newmarket wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 3:44 pm
mkhammer wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 9:48 am

a bit sorry for them..
It must be fucking horrible being a Jehovah's Witness now.

They KNOW you're in the house but they can't knock on your front door.

Pure torture

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

San Diego County mandated that everyone in public has to wear a face mask as from yesterday.

So most of my day is hanging outside the shop letting people know they ain't coming in without one. 99% are already wearing one.

One bloke went into a mighty rant about how dirty money was. It was like he was trying to convince me to overturn the local governments rules. He was nice enough but just kept banging on & on about how the money passes from hand to hand & who knows where it's been. After all that I told him he still had to wear a mask & almost no one pays with money at the moment. It's all contactless via phone or watch. Bless him.

Another old lady with her two sweaty grandkids rolled up, none wearing masks. My colleague (who's parents are Taiwanese so he's been getting loads of stick) said sorry, can't come in without a mask. She went "Aaah" & started cussing him out in Spanish. Had me in stitches :lol:

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Any emails you get with the subject Ding dong don’t open its the Jehovah’s working from home

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 5:56 pm Any emails you get with the subject Ding dong don’t open its the Jehovah’s working from home
Nobody ...and I want to make this ABSOLUTELY CLEAR....is to stone ANYBODY until I blow this whistle
Bring back Jonathon !

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 5:56 pm Any emails you get with the subject Ding dong don’t open its the Jehovah’s working from home
:lol:

Very good Dwayne

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Taansend wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 5:26 pm
Newmarket wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 3:44 pm

It must be fucking horrible being a Jehovah's Witness now.

They KNOW you're in the house but they can't knock on your front door.

Pure torture
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

So now there are these chaps called the Proud Boys who are apparently white supremacists trumpy boys etc who are going from state to state to join in the protests.

In Michigan they are breaking out the swastikas while waving about their machine guns.

Just because they can't get a hair cut.

It's un American.