F1, 2020

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Neville Bartos

Re: F1, 2020

Post by Neville Bartos »

Gandalf wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:30 pm
Neville Bartos wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:49 pm The Mercs half a second quicker than the rest....
Remember, Max will be starting on Mediums. And also, the Red Bull seems to be very suited to the Red Bull Ring (Go figure! :lol: ) They won it each of the last two seasons, including last year when Max bogged down at the start and fell back to 9th.
Half a second is an eternity. Last year there was nothing between RB, Merc and Ferrari in qualifying. Plus Mercedes have their nifty new tyre system. Which could significantly prolong the life of their tyres. Short of mechanical issues, bad luck and fuck ups its hard to see anyone pissing on their chips.
My money is on whichever Merc gets to turn 1 first.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Hamilton wants all the drivers to take the knee but some of them are not as fervent as him.What starts off as a symbol of affirmation, quickly becomes a dreary perfunctory gesture and ends up looking a bit silly and juvenile.

Best to cancel it. If F1 wants to look serious then act serious.

Lewis would disagree but he thinks he is more than a driver.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:05 am Hamilton wants all the drivers to take the knee but some of them are not as fervent as him.What starts off as a symbol of affirmation, quickly becomes a dreary perfunctory gesture and ends up looking a bit silly and juvenile.

Best to cancel it. If F1 wants to look serious then act serious.

Lewis would disagree but he thinks he is more than a driver.
Stop Racism on T shirts is fine..I am all for that.

But f*ck BLM

Noni

Post by Noni »

Been having problems logging on.

What race and well done to Lando Norris's first podium. :)

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

A year or two ago I said that Ferrari were in a lot of trouble and it would be a very long time before they were to win a championship again.
Anybody wanna argue with me now!?!? :lol: :lol: :lol:

But let's talk Vettel: How long will he last at Ferrari? Predictions please!! :D

Noni

Post by Noni »

Alonso joins Renault for next year. Very glad and pleased he's come back. :)

Vettel's career I think is over, too many mistakes IMO, like Grosjean.

Cannot wait for next race ;)

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

Noni wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:20 am Alonso joins Renault for next year. Very glad and pleased he's come back. :)

Well you won't have long to wait! ;)

Agree about Vettel. A pretty sad state of affairs when nobody wants a four-time world champion. But there's nobody to blame but himself. As you say, far too many mistakes.
As for going back to Red Bull, I really can't see him handling the pressure up against Verstappen. It will be more mistakes and a very sorry end to his career.
Racing Point/Aston Martin would have been a good option as they are a coming team. I'm expecting big things from them in the not-too-distant future.
The problem there though is who would Vettel replace? Perez has just extended his contract so it's difficult to see him leaving.
So it will have to be Stroll. Obviously getting rid of him would be more than just a business decision.

But I really can't see Vettel lasting at Ferrari until the end of the season. So it could be that there will be no grand send-off. Just one day we will read in the press that he is no longer in F1.
That will be a shame.

Noni

Post by Noni »

Gandalf wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:19 am
Noni wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:20 am Alonso joins Renault for next year. Very glad and pleased he's come back. :)

Agree about Vettel. A pretty sad state of affairs when nobody wants a four-time world champion. But there's nobody to blame but himself. As you say, far too many mistakes.
As for going back to Red Bull, I really can't see him handling the pressure up against Verstappen. It will be more mistakes and a very sorry end to his career.
Racing Point/Aston Martin would have been a good option as they are a coming team. I'm expecting big things from them in the not-too-distant future.
The problem there though is who would Vettel replace? Perez has just extended his contract so it's difficult to see him leaving.
So it will have to be Stroll. Obviously getting rid of him would be more than just a business decision.

But I really can't see Vettel lasting at Ferrari until the end of the season. So it could be that there will be no grand send-off. Just one day we will read in the press that he is no longer in F1.
That will be a shame.
It would be very sad if Vettel decides to retire from the sport without a fans send off. Maybe sitting out from F1 for 1 year might allow a seat to come on offer for 2022.

Drivers to watch out for this year are Lando Norris, Alex Albon and George Russel. Think we might find some strange results happening this year in the Championship. ;)

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

Noni wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:22 pm
Gandalf wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:19 am

That will be a shame.
It would be very sad if Vettel decides to retire from the sport without a fans send off. Maybe sitting out from F1 for 1 year might allow a seat to come on offer for 2022.

Drivers to watch out for this year are Lando Norris, Alex Albon and George Russel. Think we might find some strange results happening this year in the Championship. ;)
For me the jury is still out regarding Albon. He always seems to be half a second or so behind Verstappen.
I know he came within a whisker of winning last time out, but there were various factors that helped him get there - safety cars, tyre strategies, retirements....... and Ferrari :lol: . I really do hope he makes it. Time will tell. But he needs to up his game.

Lando Norris - Impressed so far. He seems to be a bit of a pussycat out of the car. In the car he is certainly quick. But he needs to have that mentality where he can build a team around him in the way that Hamilton or Alonso would do. I'm not seeing it yet but maybe that will come with time.

George Russell - Superstar in the making. If Mercedes stick around in the sport then that's where Russell will end up - and then we will have a tasty battle with Russell, Verstappen and Leclerc. (OK, maybe not Leclerc if Ferrari don't get their act together!!!! :lol: )

Noni

Post by Noni »

Lewis on Pole in the wet in difficult conditions. Verstappen and Sainz follow up in that order. Another great performance from Lando Norris up to 6th and a surprising George Russell in 12th. Ferraris in midfield positions for tomorrow race. Those who you would of expected to do well in the wet conditions did very well indeed. Those not as brave dropped off the scales.