America burns

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
BlackDiamond

Re: America burns

Post by BlackDiamond »

JayK wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:52 am
mkhammer wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:15 am Yes Jay agree(thought best to reply here..Move it off the F1 Thread....otherwise Noni and Gandolf will be getting the hump... :lol: )

In a lot do it for their careers....jumping on the twatter/social media bandwagon springs to mind...as well.
It becomes the "in thing" almost a fad...

All these "Celebs" Black,Mixed Race...White Bods ..will all crack on with their lives their jets and ferraris ,meanwhile the
Black Guys and Girls that live in the inner cities lives will get harder because of all this crap...there's a line now
Black or White...we WERE moving away from that...this country especially...

If they.. the BLM movement Bods think this will improve things....I'm afraid they are on the wrong fuckin Planet.

I was very much on board with it intially....they lost my support a while back....for lots of reasons..
It's a crying shame..cos there is an unfairness...racially....but it's more..a not trusting, than a hatred.....

The Mixed Race Celebs..I include politicians (Obama) ...........in that...could do so much more in bringing people
together...if they chose a different tact...but instead, like i said they choose the one drop theory...so they can give the
Black Power salute...which has totally fucked them up by the way...talk about how to alienate and divide people..FFS
don't they get it.

Micky A...do the Knee mate if you want...but drop the Black Power thing....don't help the cause...
Awesome bless them 😂. You can write wherever ya want mate.
Totally agree with ya though. It's all been a bit stupid and more dividing than anything I've seen. Seen a lot of people lose respect because of all this. It's all got out of hand and it started with the protests in the middle of a pandemic. Some people out there acting all smart but actually being extremely stupid and also getting their timing all wrong.
It's been good to see some of the F1 drivers take a slightly less earnest approach . Obviously they don't want to encroach on Lewis Hamilton's display of virtuous torch carrying. And who can compete with the anointed one. It's a full time job winning races and spreading the gospel.

JayK

Post by JayK »

BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:24 pm
JayK wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:52 am

Awesome bless them 😂. You can write wherever ya want mate.
Totally agree with ya though. It's all been a bit stupid and more dividing than anything I've seen. Seen a lot of people lose respect because of all this. It's all got out of hand and it started with the protests in the middle of a pandemic. Some people out there acting all smart but actually being extremely stupid and also getting their timing all wrong.
It's been good to see some of the F1 drivers take a slightly less earnest approach . Obviously they don't want to encroach on Lewis Hamilton's display of virtuous torch carrying. And who can compete with the anointed one. It's a full time job winning races and spreading the gospel.
They get more respect from me than the footballers
COYI!!!

deanox

BLM and other snowflake bollox

Post by deanox »

I just shared a post on Facebook which was blocked.
I will state this now I AM NOT A RACIST but BLM movement is more political than people are being led to believe.
I believe in free speech and respect the fact that BLM should have a platform to speak on, but when I get blocked for posting the thread below it really pissed me off:
Thought this was worth sharing...

NFL "Refresher" NFL History ... history not often reported or leaked to the ticket holders. I hope this helps you; it opened my eyes, to better understand when and why the public’s respect for the NFL organization started to crumble....

* In 2012 the NFL had an issue with Tim Tebow kneeling before each game to pray, they also had an issue with Tebow wearing John 3:16 as part of his eye-black to avoid glare, and made him take it off.

* In 2013 the NFL fined Brandon Marshall for wearing green cleats to raise awareness for people with mental health disorders.

* In 2014 Robert Griffin III (RG3) entered a post-game press conference wearing a shirt that said "Know Jesus Know Peace" but was forced to turn it inside out by an NFL uniform inspector before speaking at the podium.

* In 2015 DeAngelo Williams was fined for wearing "Find the Cure "eye black for breast cancer awareness

* In 2015 William Gay was fined for wearing purple cleats to raise awareness for domestic violence. (Not that the NFL has a domestic violence problem!)

*In 2016 the NFL prevented the Dallas Cowboys from wearing a decal on their helmet in honor of 5 Dallas Police officers killed in the line of duty.

* 2016 the NFL threatened to fine players who wanted to wear cleats to commemorate the 15th anniversary of 9/11.

So tell me again how the NFL supports free speech and expression. It seems quite clear based on these facts that the NFL has taken a position against any action by NFL players demonstrating RESPECT for any issue:

For God, social causes such as mental health, cancer, domestic violence, for cops killed arbitrarily, for being cops, or for the Memory of 9/11...

BUT they will allow demonstrations of DISRESPECT for our National Flag, our National Anthem, for America, and for the American People, if it will help mollify a particular Group and its supporters. That is who and what the NFL now has shown itself to be.

Pass this post along to all your friends and family, if you believe it worthy of sharing. Honor our military; too many of whom have come home with the American Flag draped over their coffin.

🇺🇸 God Bless
Our America! 🇺🇸
Just respect....
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

palerider

Post by palerider »

JayK wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:30 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:24 pm
They get more respect from me than the footballers
The 'taking the knee' shit was supposed to be just for this season.

So what happens next season if black players decide to do it again ? Are the white players expected to follow suit ?

Just make Sterling and Rashford living saints. Those nice chaps Joshua and Hamilton too just to be done with it. Have churches built for them so we can all worship at the Parish church of St. Raheem or St.Lewis.

It has to end somewhere otherwise sport is in grave danger of just becoming only a platform for politics. And Sky, the major sports broadcaster is still bigging up the wailing for a dead thug 4000 miles away two months after the event.

Madness.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Sport shouldn’t involve politics or religion. It’s what I do to get away from all that shit.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Here we go again.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53556519

I am still unsure what a black person dosen`t get,that I don`t? Nobody has actually answered that?
On the contrary If all achievements are equal on a job application,they will get it over me..

If you have got the ability,you will get that job,no matter what race or colour you are.

The trouble is,they don`t want to be equal,they want to be above that.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:33 am Here we go again.

I am still unsure what a black person dosen`t get,that I don`t? Nobody has actually answered that?
On the contrary If all achievements are equal on a job application,they will get it over me..

If you have got the ability,you will get that job,no matter what race or colour you are.

Yes typical BBC way of handling it. You can imagine the discussion.

Aw fuck,we need to write something about a claim that the government are not acting fast enough,on perceptions of racist bias in blah,blah...who have we got who actually gives a fuck about this stuff...

Give it to old Sima Kotecha, be right up her alley, so to speak. And does us no harm,if anyone googles her creds...

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Poor fuckers hope they were all filmed on their lunch break.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:31 am
terrya1965 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:33 am Here we go again.

Aw fuck,we need to write something about a claim that the government are not acting fast enough,on perceptions of racist bias in blah,blah...who have we got who actually gives a fuck about this stuff...

Give it to old Sima Kotecha, be right up her alley, so to speak. And does us no harm,if anyone googles her creds...
The problem is there are no practical solutions.
Minorities have the same rights as everyone else, and there are laws to protect against discrimination.
None of these facts can stop people being racist though. And unfortunately racism, even more so than sexual assault, is hard to prove.
You see stats pulled out, which are notoriously unreliable (see: the gender pay gap). Then there's personal testimony, which is even more unreliable than stats.

The only 'solution' I ever see is one of positive discrimination. Usually in the form of targets and quotas. Some old woman resigned from the Birmingham Commonwealth Games committee this week because it lacked 'diversity'.
I mean never mind capability, your skin is the wrong colour! What sort of way is that to do business? This quest for diversity is counterproductive in my opinion.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Neville Bartos wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:57 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:31 am

The problem is there are no practical solutions.
Minorities have the same rights as everyone else, and there are laws to protect against discrimination.
None of these facts can stop people being racist though. And unfortunately racism, even more so than sexual assault, is hard to prove.
You see stats pulled out, which are notoriously unreliable (see: the gender pay gap). Then there's personal testimony, which is even more unreliable than stats.

The only 'solution' I ever see is one of positive discrimination. Usually in the form of targets and quotas. Some old woman resigned from the Birmingham Commonwealth Games committee this week because it lacked 'diversity'.
I mean never mind capability, your skin is the wrong colour! What sort of way is that to do business? This quest for diversity is counterproductive in my opinion.
The real problem is not the quest for diversity. It is worrying about the quest for diversity. That is why no progress is attainable.