Premier League tackles Black Lives Matter

Chat about anything football related here!
Dwayne Pipes

Re: Premier League tackles Black Lives Matter

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Towie wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:25 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:19 pm
You tell that to the poor pregnant woman that piece of shit held a gun to ,bet she didn’t shed a fucking tear.
Expect she didn’t, and expect a lot of others too.

Don’t make it right for him to die that way and the whole world seeing it,
Has it been proven it was a race hate murder by the police ?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:27 pm

What that got to do with the way he died? It was police brutality by the very people employed to uphold the law.

I am not American but there has always been the feeling of underlining racist undertones within the police there.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Towie wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:52 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:27 pm
What that got to do with the way he died? It was police brutality by the very people employed to uphold the law.

I am not American but there has always been the feeling of underlining racist undertones within the police there.
Police in the states don’t fuck around with any felons they can’t afford to
Black white hispanics get the full force of the law
Whether this case was murder is up to the courts
But a drugged up potentially dangerous criminal will not be mollycoddled and arrested.

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

Youre all missing the point here..its not the Prem Leagues job to get involved in politics of any sort...their job is to run and promote the EFL.

If they think its ok for clubs and footballers to make a political gesture by getting down on their knee then i assume theyd have no problem if they paraded banners saying "khan out" or whatever political message suited the trendy agenda of the day.

The prem should have made it clear to all clubs this blm crap was not to be allowed or tolerated

They are now just another PC woke organisation

Macca666

Post by Macca666 »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:19 pm
You tell that to the poor pregnant woman that piece of shit held a gun to ,bet she didn’t shed a fucking tear.

I wonder what you’d think of the piece of shit if the girl in question had been your daughter or mother

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:44 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:33 am I was always taught that we learn from history.

Yes, we used to have slavery. We realise today slavery is wrong but it used to exist, Nothing will ever change that. Going through time there were lots of other outrageous things we used to do. We used to stuff kids up chimneys to clean them, women couldn't vote, back in the day you could be hung for stealing a sheep and until the early 80s it was still perfectly legal for teachers to use physical punishment on kids.

We move on. The rules change. Everyone knows racism, true racism, is abhorrent but movements like BLM have the effect of deflecting attention away from the real problems because of the emphasis they put on isolated, and often blown out of proportion, instances.
You can still be hung in Somerset for stealing a sheep. It's one of the old laws that have never been repealed like the death penalty for setting fire to one of Her Majesty's Dockyards, allowing your pet to mate with a pet of the royal household or it still being legal to kill a Welshman using a longbow.

Ps.

The dwarf is Welsh.
Is that bit about longbows true ? Any idea where the nearest branch of Longbows R Us is located ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:34 pm
9898 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:58 am

Everyone has to do things they don't like at work.
That’s a load of old cunt and you know it !

If Kevin de Bruyne refuses to take a fucking knee ? Will he lose his job ?

No but I will if I refuse to do something at work .
Not necessarily true. If you are asked to carry out a reasonable instruction to do something which constitutes part of your job role you may well find yourself in trouble. But if you are asked to do something unconnected in any which way with your work, such as taking the fucking knee, no court in the land would uphold your employer's right to dismiss you.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:32 pm
palerider wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:44 pm

You can still be hung in Somerset for stealing a sheep. It's one of the old laws that have never been repealed like the death penalty for setting fire to one of Her Majesty's Dockyards, allowing your pet to mate with a pet of the royal household or it still being legal to kill a Welshman using a longbow.

Ps.

The dwarf is Welsh.
Is that bit about longbows true ? Any idea where the nearest branch of Longbows R Us is located ?
Having done further research, it only applies to Chester. Getting Stumpy up there on the promise of a free dinner shouldn't be hard.

h69

Post by h69 »

Flairon wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:19 am I fail to see how a peaceful gesture such as taking a knee to protest racism can be considered or described as pathetic.

Whilst some have attempted to hijack the message with more extreme motives at heart, they should not be allowed to diminish the validity of the message itself.

It saddens me that some of us fall into that trap and elect to denigrate a good cause.
For about the 100th time, its a cause created and related to the fucking Americans. Endemic racism is not an issue here despite what the BBC, SKY and the Guardian will have you believe, and these protests have no place in an English sport. We dont protest about other countries' causes normally so what are we doing getting involved now and why should we watch this pathetic virtue signalling.

Having the new message on the shirts is enough and I fully support it..can we not watch a game of football or an F1 race without seeing a black power fist.

All it does is make a load of left wing moronic sheep believe that racism is a problem here where if it was it would be discrimination against white people if anything.
Last edited by h69 on Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

h69

Post by h69 »

Towie wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:15 pm
Clayton wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:03 pm

Towie wasn't taking the knee brought in at the same time as they all had to start wearing BLM badges on their shirts , and the fact many gave the Black Power salute at the same time .
And what exactly is supporting the sentiment ? This all began because a career criminal in america was shot by police wrongly or rightly if I am not mistaken . I would really like to understand what the sentiment is all about ?
The sentiment is black lives matter about the brutality on black people by police. Whether he a Career criminal or not he didn’t deserve to die in that way, so can understand the outrage.

As said personally think it a load of old rubbish, but don’t understand why people get upset because a player takes a knee for 8 seconds.
And also couldn’t give a flying fuck if a player gives black power salute it their personal view and they entitled to it.
I go to football for many reasons but to see a group of over privileged twats making political gestures is not one of them.

You ask 'what has it being a race hate crime got to do with it ?' Really ?

Ok....let's say in some warped reality that it is just a protest about police brutality in another country as you seem to think....so when will we be protesting about the police shooting students in Hong Kong ? That was police brutality was it not ?

Also many white people are also killed by police brutality in the US. It is also abhorrent. Maybe we should also have a white lives matter protest. Oh wait.....someone tried that and was sacked from their job.

The hypocrisy is that this movement seems to say at the moment, 'only black lives matter' ....that is why it is repulsive.