Premier League tackles Black Lives Matter

Chat about anything football related here!
Flairon

Re: Premier League tackles Black Lives Matter

Post by Flairon »

h69 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:53 pm
Flairon wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:19 am I fail to see how a peaceful gesture such as taking a knee to protest racism can be considered or described as pathetic.

Whilst some have attempted to hijack the message with more extreme motives at heart, they should not be allowed to diminish the validity of the message itself.

It saddens me that some of us fall into that trap and elect to denigrate a good cause.
For about the 100th time, its a cause created and related to the fucking Americans. Endemic racism is not an issue here despite what the BBC, SKY and the Guardian will have you believe, and these protests have no place in an English sport. We dont protest about other countries' causes normally so what are we doing getting involved now and why should we watch this pathetic virtue signalling.

Having the new message on the shirts is enough and I fully support it..can we not watch a game of football or an F1 race without seeing a black power fist.

All it does is make a load of left wing moronic sheep believe that racism is a problem here where if it was it would be discrimination against white people if anything.
At best, it is naive to suggest that racism does not exist on the U.K.

Whilst I may live in the States I was born and bred in the U.K. and still have plenty of family and friends there.
Flairon

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

ToneLoc wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:34 am
Flairon wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:19 am I fail to see how a peaceful gesture such as taking a knee to protest racism can be considered or described as pathetic.

Whilst some have attempted to hijack the message with more extreme motives at heart, they should not be allowed to diminish the validity of the message itself.

It saddens me that some of us fall into that trap and elect to denigrate a good cause.
But we already had “Kick it Out” which was an anti-racism campaign for just about every non-white race there is.

The BLM movement (as you will obviously know) originated in the U.S as a mass protest against the illegal killings of black people. Not asian, not oriental, not American indian, not eskimo...... but black people.
It then spread around the world and had apparently, in the UK supplanted “Kick it Out”.
This is what has troubled many people in this country.
The fact that we already had an inclusive, non-political anti-racism movement that was already making significant progress (especially compared to neighbour states around Europe) and seemed to tick most of the boxes but was suddenly shoved into the peripheral by something apparently less inclusive and with political connections (and those connections ARE there whether linked directly or not to the honest and peaceful protesters).

I bethere.if you read my hat Sky are now doing is to try to move public perception of them back towards “Kick it Out” as BLM has become political and as Dwayne says, has no place in sport.

I don’t believe for 1 minute that Sky is doing this for the common good btw...... this is merely a reflection of the fact that they’re shitting bricks over subscriptions and need to get back on the fence as someone up there has suddenly realised they’re pissing off a lot of subscribers here.
if you read my post, you will see that I did NOT take issue with the changing focus or name of the protest in the U.K. The origins of the BLM protest does however remain valid. I simply pointed out that I failed to see why people took such offensive at a peaceful protest; such as taking am the knee or felt the need to call it pathetic.
Flairon

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:36 am

When you see black players adding the black power salute it becomes a political slogan.
It has no place in sport.
No crowds mean this charade will continue for the foreseeable.
But even that gesture (which is a social political gesture, not purely political) is a peaceful gesture. Irrespective of that however, we were discussing why someone would be offended by people taking a knee or felt the need to call that action pathetic. Since when has a peaceful protest been pathetic?
Flairon

Towie

Post by Towie »

h69 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:04 am
Towie wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:15 pm

The sentiment is black lives matter about the brutality on black people by police. Whether he a Career criminal or not he didn’t deserve to die in that way, so can understand the outrage.

As said personally think it a load of old rubbish, but don’t understand why people get upset because a player takes a knee for 8 seconds.
And also couldn’t give a flying fuck if a player gives black power salute it their personal view and they entitled to it.
I go to football for many reasons but to see a group of over privileged twats making political gestures is not one of them.

You ask 'what has it being a race hate crime got to do with it ?' Really ?

Ok....let's say in some warped reality that it is just a protest about police brutality in another country as you seem to think....so when will we be protesting about the police shooting students in Hong Kong ? That was police brutality was it not ?

Also many white people are also killed by police brutality in the US. It is also abhorrent. Maybe we should also have a white lives matter protest. Oh wait.....someone tried that and was sacked from their job.

The hypocrisy is that this movement seems to say at the moment, 'only black lives matter' ....that is why it is repulsive.
I honestly don’t understand why you get so worked up about it.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Flairon wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:28 am
ToneLoc wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:34 am
But we already had “Kick it Out” which was an anti-racism campaign for just about every non-white race there is.

The BLM movement (as you will obviously know) originated in the U.S as a mass protest against the illegal killings of black people. Not asian, not oriental, not American indian, not eskimo...... but black people.
It then spread around the world and had apparently, in the UK supplanted “Kick it Out”.
This is what has troubled many people in this country.
The fact that we already had an inclusive, non-political anti-racism movement that was already making significant progress (especially compared to neighbour states around Europe) and seemed to tick most of the boxes but was suddenly shoved into the peripheral by something apparently less inclusive and with political connections (and those connections ARE there whether linked directly or not to the honest and peaceful protesters).

I bethere.if you read my hat Sky are now doing is to try to move public perception of them back towards “Kick it Out” as BLM has become political and as Dwayne says, has no place in sport.

I don’t believe for 1 minute that Sky is doing this for the common good btw...... this is merely a reflection of the fact that they’re shitting bricks over subscriptions and need to get back on the fence as someone up there has suddenly realised they’re pissing off a lot of subscribers here.
if you read my post, you will see that I did NOT take issue with the changing focus or name of the protest in the U.K. The origins of the BLM protest does however remain valid. I simply pointed out that I failed to see why people took such offensive at a peaceful protest; such as taking am the knee or felt the need to call it pathetic.
Well I don’t live in the U.S so I don’t see it as my position to opine with any real validity on the origins, whether it deflects and deflects attention away from other hate crimes etc.
I’m only best place to opine on the country where I live.
Which is what I did in my response to you.

Edit: “Peaceful protest?”. It isn’t though is it?
Sorry Flair you can have your cake and eat it. The scumbags defacing war memorials and the fuckers calling for the erasion of our country’s history ARE associated whether you think them disassociated or not.
And yes yes yes I DO get that there’s lots of peaceful protesters that want nothing to do with that. But sadly, for them the milk has been soured.
Last edited by ToneLoc on Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Towie wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:22 am
h69 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:04 am

I go to football for many reasons but to see a group of over privileged twats making political gestures is not one of them.

You ask 'what has it being a race hate crime got to do with it ?' Really ?

Ok....let's say in some warped reality that it is just a protest about police brutality in another country as you seem to think....so when will we be protesting about the police shooting students in Hong Kong ? That was police brutality was it not ?

Also many white people are also killed by police brutality in the US. It is also abhorrent. Maybe we should also have a white lives matter protest. Oh wait.....someone tried that and was sacked from their job.

The hypocrisy is that this movement seems to say at the moment, 'only black lives matter' ....that is why it is repulsive.
I would say that he’s worried for his children and more so his grandchildren.

This country will turn into a Rhodesia/South Africa of sorts if BLM and their woke cohorts (so) have their way only in reverse .

I’ll say on here once again . Racism generally , not entirely, there will always be a few morons , was eradicated in this country till recently.

I would now say it’s probably worse than ever .

Only in reverse.
Bring back Jonathon !

Towie

Post by Towie »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:38 am

This country will turn into a Rhodesia/South Africa of sorts if BLM and their woke cohorts (so) have their way only in reverse .

I’ll say on here once again . Racism generally , not entirely, there will always be a few morons , was eradicated in this country till recently.

Only in reverse.
Mate, I have always thought you are a really intelligent poster but what you have written there is complete nonsense and an extreme over reaction.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Only in reverse.
Really good point Tim.
These relentless in-your-face and down-your-throat type protests are achieving the opposite of their purported purposes and have pushed many fence-sitters in the direction of the boundaries.
The majority of those are the silent, tax-paying, voting consumer.
The same people who hold all of the keys.
These people respond better through appeals to their humanity rather than being ordered how to think.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Post by 9898 »

Only in reverse.
Yawn. yawn.

Appeal to The Sun reader.

You're more intelligent and better than that.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Towie wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:47 am

Only in reverse.
Mate, I have always thought you are a really intelligent poster but what you have written there is complete nonsense and an extreme over reaction.
They probably said that about the black shirts and the nazi party when it raised it's ugly head , maybe a tad extreme but no matter the truth .