Latest takeover.......this is karma

Chat about anything football related here!
Dwayne Pipes

Re: Latest takeover.......this is karma

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Hear Golds not too well at the moment

Nothing trivial I hope.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:18 pm Hear Golds not too well at the moment

Nothing trivial I hope.
Harsh :shock: .

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:24 am
ToneLoc wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:53 am
True but as Whisky says, it’s not just about the buyer meeting the asking price, it works two ways.... it’s also up to the seller to demonstrate and justify the asking price.

Look around the PL and the major leagues of Europe. Do you see many big takeover deals actually taking place?
There’s a solid reason for that..... the sheer uncertainty.
Post COVID-19 the old rules have been thrown out of the window.
I’m sure deals will still be done but I just cannot see how any seller can ably demonstrate and justify as high an asking price post COVID-19 amidst such uncertainty.
You're right Tone. Business HATES uncertainty. Nobody knows how future TV deals are going to impact football finances and of course nobody knows when full attendances will again be a feature of the game. Add in sponsorship deals, which are dependant on TV exposure, and commercial revenue streams, a significant element of which I imagine is match day spend driven, and you have a very uncertain future.

Add to that mix that, whilst we have the advantage of being based in the capital, we are lagging way behind the big 3 competing in the same city. Particularly in respect of overseas income generation. So with C & B specs off I don't see West Ham as a particularly attractive business opportunity. Certainly there is potential, as there probably is for every club in the land, but to compete at the highest level the infrastructure has to be in place, and can we honestly say ours is ? And with 3 of the so called big 6 in the capital is there really massive potential for a fourth to try and gatecrash the party ?

I haven't a clue how much money would need to be thrown at the "project" to make West Ham competitive in order to raise the bar to enable revenue streams from European participation to feature as future earnings, but it certainly wouldn't be cheap. And that's before we start looking at the expense involved in bringing the infrastructure up to the standards befitting a major player.

Using back of a beermat calculations let's assume the club is sold for a conservative £400 million. I would imagine team rebuilding would be the first item on the agenda. After all no point in having top class training facilities to tray and attract top players if you're swanning around mid table at best. So how much for that ? £200 million ? More or less ? Buggered if I know but a lot, certainly. And then how long would any new owner be prepared to tie up that amount of capital before seeing a return on their investment ?

So imo there are a lot of imponderables. Particularly given the very uncertain future of the financial landscape, and not just the footballing one. We are, by common consent heading for the biggest recession since the 1980s, maybe even since the 1929 crash, because of Covid-19. And that's before we factor in the potential fiasco and damage to business confidence if the government is unable to thrash out a post Brexit trade deal. So will people consider spending on TV packages , season tickets or overpriced club merchandise to represent good value for money if their family incomes start to shrink in real terms or even, in some cases, disappear due to job losses.

Interesting times lie ahead imo.
So, in short let’s just say then that they’ll still be negotiating when Jack Sullivan is drawing his pension?
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Clayton wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:21 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:18 pm Hear Golds not too well at the moment

Nothing trivial I hope.
Fuck him ,you have to use a crowbar to open the old cunts pockets.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Nothing trivial I hope.
Didn’t he “fall ill” the last time they started losing the media battle?
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:49 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:00 pm
Holliett was a Liverpool owner in late 2000s that was a disaster for Liverpool and ran out of funds and causes Liverpool in some debt.

O'Neill and Pellegrini spend over payments on players with little success but form will dip if players are flopped. At least Moyes don't spend crazy money on luxury players which is one plus but need to move himself to get players and stop fiddling with getting on the cheap and if players don't want to come to us, move on to the next one straightaway.
Moyes would spend crazy money if he had it. At Man United he spent £37.5 million on Juan Mata, a decent signing imo, £27.5 million on Marouane Fellaini--Hmmm, and an undisclosed amount on one Saidi Jenko, of whom one might say --- Who ?

And we got a lot of benefit from his signing of Jordan Hugill didn't we ?

And I hate pissing on your parade but no one called Holliett has ever owned Licverpool. You don't mean Houllier do you ? He was their manager at the turn of the millennium.
It was George Gillett and Tom Hicks who came within 24 hours of putting Liverpool into administration..,.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

ToneLoc wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:36 pm

Nothing trivial I hope.
Didn’t he “fall ill” the last time they started losing the media battle?
He did indeed loves playing the victim
Crafty fucker.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Clayton wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:21 pm

Nothing trivial I hope.
Disguting, not harsh

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

I Reckon West Ham FC is a big ask to take on as a Purely Business thing...till we start knocking round top 6,gonna be
a break even thing at best.(Lucky we have "fans" that own us... :lol: )

But as a Long Term Investment could be different kettle of fish...would imagine any "Club" buyers would have already
an Idea of where they stand in buying the Stadium.....and some of the Park itself Possibly,for other ventures.
They would want more than just "West Ham".....we could be just a means to get a whole lot more.
Maybe buy the Stadium and a controlling interest in us..lot's of options.

Prob is Sugo will still want their profit target of 2023,they'll have one...thats the 700 mill+ thing..that valuation has to
have dropped now..with no Crowds...No Footfall,for advertising purposes, TV revenues poss gonna drop.. etc...
Stadium can't be used for gigs/events in the short term.
So any offer will reflect that from an investors POV...will Sugo Acknowledge that,and settle for a little less....money talks
they'll have a figure in mind tho.

Investors don't make their money on the back of buying during booming Economies...they love the depressions
the lows..everything is cheaper,cos Businesses start to struggle and want out.....this is their boom time,
buy stuff..sit tight 4/5 years watch it peak again..buy low, sale/rent high.
This Pandemic will make a lot of people a fuckin lot of money...

Is why theres all of a sudden an interest in us...they'd have noticed Sugo Flogging a few bits and pieces to pay the
bills..... :lol:

No Answers from my begging letters to Red Bull yet tho..... :lol:

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:49 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:00 pm
Holliett was a Liverpool owner in late 2000s that was a disaster for Liverpool and ran out of funds and causes Liverpool in some debt.

O'Neill and Pellegrini spend over payments on players with little success but form will dip if players are flopped. At least Moyes don't spend crazy money on luxury players which is one plus but need to move himself to get players and stop fiddling with getting on the cheap and if players don't want to come to us, move on to the next one straightaway.
Moyes would spend crazy money if he had it. At Man United he spent £37.5 million on Juan Mata, a decent signing imo, £27.5 million on Marouane Fellaini--Hmmm, and an undisclosed amount on one Saidi Jenko, of whom one might say --- Who ?

And we got a lot of benefit from his signing of Jordan Hugill didn't we ?

And I hate pissing on your parade but no one called Holliett has ever owned Licverpool. You don't mean Houllier do you ? He was their manager at the turn of the millennium.
I can't remember the joint owners of Liverpool in late 2000s that their fans don't like them and yes some Moyes signing were poor so it is difficult to get a right player the club need so not an easy job.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.