Sullivan on TalkShite....

Chat about anything football related here!
Dwayne Pipes

Re: Sullivan on TalkShite....

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

hd1 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:48 pm
JayK wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:02 pm So.....
1. Sullivan pays next to nothing compared to other premium clubs to run the club due to cheap rent at the stadium.
2. Sullivan originally said gate receipts in new stadium would be worth about £12mil a year and since said gate receipts don't generate much cash at all.
3. Sullivan today said he's not blowing his whole budget on an overpriced £40mil prem defender. Who sets that budget? And how does he have a small as ller budget than most other premium clubs when his outgoings are so minimal compared to other teams?
Income from gate receipts is around £27m, which is efectively what we will lose this season unless sme miracle happens, and last season we lost around £6m.

Add that to the deferred repayment of TV income which is around £10m puts a hole in our budget of £43m.

That doesn't take into account any loss of sponsorship money.
Oh dear this has me in tears we haven’t got a pot to piss in.
If only every other club was as fucking frugal as ours.

JayK

Post by JayK »

ToneLoc wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:31 pm
1. Sullivan pays next to nothing compared to other premium clubs to run the club due to cheap rent at the stadium.
2. Sullivan originally said gate receipts in new stadium would be worth about £12mil a year and since said gate receipts don't generate much cash at all.
3. Sullivan today said he's not blowing his whole budget on an overpriced £40mil prem defender. Who sets that budget? And how does he have a small as ller budget than most other premium clubs when his outgoings are so minimal compared to other teams?
Three good questions Jay but as I'm not Sullivan I can only answer them in the best way I see fit.....
1. He's a mortgage-dodging cunt
2. He's a lying cunt
3. He's a clueless cunt
Correct 😂
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

Income from gate receipts is around £27m, which is efectively what we will lose this season unless sme miracle happens, and last season we lost around £6m.

Add that to the deferred repayment of TV income which is around £10m puts a hole in our budget of £43m.

Thanks HD. My initial response before scrolling was the Same as Tones, only affecting us then? And I think they just make up gate receipts if that's the figure you got as that's the 3rd one I've heard after Sullivans 2 different answers.
COYI!!!

hd1

Post by hd1 »

ToneLoc wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:53 pm So these losses only affect WHUFC then?
No, where did I say or even hint at that. I was just explaining what our loss of revenue was due to covid

JayK

Post by JayK »

hd1 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:22 pm
ToneLoc wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:53 pm So these losses only affect WHUFC then?
No, where did I say or even hint at that. I was just explaining what our loss of revenue was due to covid
My point HD was Sullivan is claiming he's skint but all other clubs seem to be ok and not struggling to sign players despite higher running costs
COYI!!!

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

And it also doesn't take into account the loss in player trades which is an enormous factor. And the over paying of player salaries which is a huge waste and shows little market value and never has. The actual total losses must be staggering and the future financial commitments completely insane.

When journalists in the press label West Ham a basket case they have good evidence for that.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:02 pm Oh dear this has me in tears we haven’t got a pot to piss in.
It's an interesting point. Take Brighton for example as everyone says how well run they are and have put huge investment in their training facilities etc.

Yet in the last 5 years they have lost £100m per year and had to be bankrolled by the owner who's income comes from a betting syndicate, one of the areas where income has drastically reduced durig covid.

Last season and this they will have lost around another £22m in revenue due to covid. It's unlikely he'll be able to bankroll them this season. They have shipped out 19 players this window and brought in 3 low cost players, Lallana and Dendonkers brother on a free

Burnley can only bring in players if they sell. Palace have spent £5m more than us in buying Eke. Fulham have spent £11m. Wolves net spend is around £32m

Only Chelsea have really spent money like there isn't an issue and we all know why they can do that.

The questions for all the owners now is do they continue to bankroll or risk relegation, can they afford too, and how far do they go without putting their club in serious danger of going bust?

If we manage to spend the £40m, added to the £15m paid for Soucek, then that's a considerable amount in relative terms to the rest of the league. And yes its a big if.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

hd1 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:57 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:02 pm Oh dear this has me in tears we haven’t got a pot to piss in.
It's an interesting point. Take Brighton for example as everyone says how well run they are and have put huge investment in their training facilities etc.

Yet in the last 5 years they have lost £100m per year and had to be bankrolled by the owner who's income comes from a betting syndicate, one of the areas where income has drastically reduced durig covid.

Last season and this they will have lost around another £22m in revenue due to covid. It's unlikely he'll be able to bankroll them this season. They have shipped out 19 players this window and brought in 3 low cost players, Lallana and Dendonkers brother on a free

Burnley can only bring in players if they sell. Palace have spent £5m more than us in buying Eke. Fulham have spent £11m. Wolves net spend is around £32m

Only Chelsea have really spent money like there isn't an issue and we all know why they can do that.

The questions for all the owners now is do they continue to bankroll or risk relegation, can they afford too, and how far do they go without putting their club in serious danger of going bust?

If we manage to spend the £40m, added to the £15m paid for Soucek, then that's a considerable amount in relative terms to the rest of the league. And yes its a big if.
Are the current custodians of our club doing a good job?
Yes?
No?
Purely binary.

What's your answer mate?
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

How about the players paying their own air fare to fucking Everton ?

Thank me later you tight cunt.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

cant do this cause of money....So give Brady a Pay rise

Cant do this cause of money.....But wont delay interest payments to themselves for a season or so. Like they and not the club need it.

Wont pay an over inflated price for a player....They did that for a crock ( I think all prices where we are concerned will be over inflated especially when its A. them you are dealing with and the B. The desperation of need.)

We all know why Chelski can afford to spend this window.?!....For the same reasons Sullivan could afford to spend last..He used the money saved from seasons previous.But he would have us believe he suffered because he had to spend his savings.

He cries wolf too many times. So liars get what liars deserve.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest